One Stop Bus Transfer Dropoff at MIA!

harryw

Normally, when we use O's bus transfer to MIA, the luggage is loaded by airline, and multiple dropoffs are made. This morning, after leaving the Riviera, after the driver seemed to load our luggage based on airline, all passengers were dropped off at the same place, which resulted in a very long walk for many passengers. Does this often happen?

Harry and Carol

This has happened to us after a cruise. It would have been about 4 years ago though. We were not let off right at the terminal and we all had to walk up a hill. We all complained. Driver said that was where he was to let us all off.

We took the Oceania transfer that time as we had OBC to use. We now take a taxi. However, the length of the line when getting off the Riviera is usually quite long. Maybe a transfer is the way to go, especially if you have a lot of OBC.

o

Yes, on O cruises I've given unused OBC to the employee tip pool a couple times, which is every time I have had unused and nonrefundable OBC, most recently about a year ago. Why do you ask? Has something changed making this no longer possible?

Yes, on O cruises I've given unused OBC to the employee tip pool a couple times, which is every time I have had unused and nonrefundable OBC, most recently about a year ago. Why do you ask? Has something changed making this no longer possible?

I tried to do that in May but was told NO cannot do that so maybe things have changed

This has happened to us after a cruise. It would have been about 4 years ago though. We were not let off right at the terminal and we all had to walk up a hill. We all complained. Driver said that was where he was to let us all off.

We took the Oceania transfer that time as we had OBC to use. We now take a taxi. However, the length of the line when getting off the Riviera is usually quite long. Maybe a transfer is the way to go, especially if you have a lot of OBC.

o

We booked a shared shuttle with QLS for after our Riviera cruise. Tried to book a private ride with the company, but they could not pick us up on our date. We have used both shared shuttle and private rides with them and have so far been pleased. $30 total for 2. No line waiting.

Edited by Iamthesea

Sorry to hear that happened to you, Harry! Sandy and I were just going to take a cab, but Char's husband offered to drive us to the airport so we had curb-to-curb service. MIA is not that far from the cruise port - a cab would definitely have been a better option.

Now you know for your next cruise out of Miami! Chalk this up to lessons learned, I guess. :o

I think I have heard they drop you at Terminal E at the centre

is that where you were dropped ??

We just take a taxi or share a private driver

Not sure if it was the centre, but it was a 20 minute walk to the terminal with the Delta baggage drop...I felt sorry for the frail passengers or those with alot of luggage. For $59 pp, O could do better. We picked the bus transfer due to some posts about difficulties getting taxis when more than one ship disembark simultaneously.

Harry

Not sure if it was the centre, but it was a 20 minute walk to the terminal with the Delta baggage drop...I felt sorry for the frail passengers or those with alot of luggage. For $59 pp, O could do better. We picked the bus transfer due to some posts about difficulties getting taxis when more than one ship disembark simultaneously.

Harry

YIKES for that price you could have used a private car service

I paid about $75 or 80 for 6 of us ...met some to share the ride on the roll call

In December there were loads of shared shuttles (and cabs I think) taking people to MIA and dropping them off at the appropriate terminal for $15 each. The guy loaded the luggage and you just hopped on the shuttle and let him know what airline you were flying. A $59 PP transfer is absurd IMHO.

John

We booked a shared shuttle with QLS for after our Riviera cruise. Tried to book a private ride with the company, but they could not pick us up on our date. We have used both shared shuttle and private rides with them and have so far been pleased. $30 total for 2. No line waiting.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will look into booking with them as well; we got burned last year with a long wait for our promised shuttle from the port to FLL; this year we are flying back from MIA but would prefer to avoid the dreaded taxi line.

Harry

Sounds to me like another Oceania rip off.....Do your homework before booking any extra with O. Just about all the included things are great but anything else is a problem. :o:o:o

Thanks for the recommendation. I will look into booking with them as well; we got burned last year with a long wait for our promised shuttle from the port to FLL; this year we are flying back from MIA but would prefer to avoid the dreaded taxi line.

We are on the same cruise, so I'd be interested to know if you can get a reservation with QLS for private transportation. We are also going from the POM to MIA. They told us they could not do it, so we booked the shuttle, instead.

Could you tell us when you scheduled pick up for and if it came on time and what time you got to MIA?

Our cruise disembarks at 8:00 a.m. but am concerned about delays in getting off the ship due to customs/immigration - i.e.:

1. too early a time booked so delay getting through disembarkation process results in shuttle leaving without us?

2. too much cushion booked in shuttle causing us to freak out about missing our international (well, to Canada) flight departing at noon.

We would appreciate getting experience on a good time to schedule to not have to deal with the taxi lines.

Maybe it isn't as much an issue with the R ships?:confused:

We would appreciate getting experience on a good time to schedule to not have to deal with the taxi lines.

An option is to book a private car service

we got 4 others to share the ride from the roll call

The price works well & no lines or stressing out

you call the driver when you are off the ship & they are right there to pick you up

Lyn

Could you tell us when you scheduled pick up for and if it came on time and what time you got to MIA?

Our cruise disembarks at 8:00 a.m. but am concerned about delays in getting off the ship due to customs/immigration - i.e.:

1. too early a time booked so delay getting through disembarkation process results in shuttle leaving without us?

2. too much cushion booked in shuttle causing us to freak out about missing our international (well, to Canada) flight departing at noon.

We have not taken the trip, yet. ;)

We scheduled for a 10:00am shuttle for a 12:55 flight out of MIA. We are planning 1.5 hours to disembark ship and go through customs.

We have booked two other times with QLS. The first time we had private pick-up and were late getting through customs. The driver was waiting. The second time, we had the shared shuttle and got out earlier than intended. We called the shuttle service and were able to get on an earlier shuttle (this was from POM to FLL). It took us 40 minutes from the time we boarded the shuttle and got to the airport. MIA should take no more than 20-30 minutes.

For an 8:00 disembarkation and a noon International flight, book the 9:00 shuttle.

I would suggest getting off the ship ASAP. Be ready to leave the ship from the disembarkation deck and carry off your own luggage, if possible. Ask for early departure tags if carrying your luggage is not possible.

One of the problems with customs, especially if the cruise disembarks on a weekend, is having the officials show up. Sometimes they are not at their stations and the ship has to delay disembarkation.

Most of our cruises disembarking in Miami we were off the ship before 9am

Canadians will get special treatment usually on the ship along with other NON U.S citizens

You can request the earliest disembarkation time without resorting to carrying off your own luggage

If flying from MIA it is a short trip less than 30 min usually depends on traffic

Lyn

as always YMMV