View and Veranda promotion expanded to include OBC

DaveOKC

Just looked at the site again and now the OBC appears in the blue header for the qualifying cruise. I might be mistaken but i did not see that the last couple of days so they changed the site, its much clearer now which cruise gets the OBC.:rolleyes:

Just looked at the site again and now the OBC appears in the blue header for the qualifying cruise. I might be mistaken but i did not see that the last couple of days so they changed the site, its much clearer now which cruise gets the OBC.:rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing this out. It is surely an improvement - although that View & Verandah pop-up on HAL's website is the most annoying thing EVER!!! :eek:

I called about pricing and was told there was no OBC for the cruise I wanted but ended up getting $200 and prepaid tips from a TA - plus the cruise price itself was $100 less. Also got the OBC from future cruise and welcome back promos so glad it all worked out. We are off to Spain!!

Maybe they changed it after I called HAL's customer service on Wed and complained about the confusion. I told them that it was stupid to list the OBC and then show all the destinations below, only to have NONE of the cruises for some of those destinations have the OBC available. They agreed it should have been handled better.

Maybe they changed it after I called HAL's customer service on Wed and complained about the confusion. I told them that it was stupid to list the OBC and then show all the destinations below, only to have NONE of the cruises for some of those destinations have the OBC available. They agreed it should have been handled better.

I also complained to the PVP.

called my TA AGAIN, today, as I am convinced my cruise is eligible for the extra OBC.

Well, today my sailing has the proper promo code attached to the cruise, which entitles me to $200 more in OBC..... I also got a reduction as I could get an OV for the price of an inside, and I am paying $100 LESS than what I would have paid for my original inside booking.

Apparently my OBC's are still valid, along with my ZPM thank you for sailing with us promo OBC..... I am still within the timeframe to use it, so t did not get dropped.

I guess it pays to be a pain in the a$$ and persevere.

Carol

from what my TA said, the promo code that applies to the View and Verandah sale WITH OBC eligibilty was NOT in effect/generated the other day....

My advice is to check again today, since my TA says that NOW it appears for my cruise, whereas for the last 2 days it did not.

Mine is getting adjusted, so please go back and check ---- I forget the promo code, something like JP or similar....

Carol

Buying a cruise is becoming more complicated than buying a car or house. I gave up on a Princess cruise in April because of the run-around I and my TA got from Princess. I am now booked on the K-Dam in December. I got a price from HAL and then called my TA who also confirmed the price. I told her that I would think about overnight. Four hours later, my TA called me back. She called HAL back and was able to get me a price reduction of $350 per person and, instead of a guarantee, a cabin in my preferred area of the ship. I just don't understand the whole pricing thing.:confused. :confused:

Buying a cruise is becoming more complicated than buying a car or house. I gave up on a Princess cruise in April because of the run-around I and my TA got from Princess. I am now booked on the K-Dam in December. I got a price from HAL and then called my TA who also confirmed the price. I told her that I would think about overnight. Four hours later, my TA called me back. She called HAL back and was able to get me a price reduction of $350 per person and, instead of a guarantee, a cabin in my preferred area of the ship. I just don't understand the whole pricing thing.:confused. :confused:

I know what you mean ---- I think the cruiselines are scrambling to outdo one another on perks/promos/deals.......

Glad you were able to get a reduction and preferred location....

Carol

That would be just too darned simple.:D

Yeah, no kidding :D The one I want has the danged View & Verandah promo on it, so instead of being able to book a reasonably-priced oceanview room I can pay the same price for an OV as for a verandah. Uh that is NOT helpful! I do my best to spend my money carefully, and I'm quite happy in an OV. I'd rather be in an affordable OV than wondering how I'm going to pay for my cruise ;) And the current price feels worse since I'm going solo.

Edited by CowPrincess

Yeah, no kidding :D The one I want has the danged View & Verandah promo on it, so instead of being able to book a reasonably-priced oceanview room I can pay the same price for an OV as for a verandah. Uh that is NOT helpful! I do my best to spend my money carefully, and I'm quite happy in an OV. I'd rather be in an affordable OV than wondering how I'm going to pay for my cruise ;) And the current price feels worse since I'm going solo.

I know it's a PITA but could you book your OV now (not a verandah) and when the promo ends and price drops (yes, I know, IF the price drops), re-fare at the new lower price and lose the promo? If the price doesn't drop, then simply cancel the booking. Or is that too much work?! It does sound like it's too much work but you'd get what you want at a price you're willing to pay, or you don't go. I keep checking pricing or using the fishy site, until final payment, so it would be something that I'd be willing to do if I was in your situation.

I know it's a PITA but could you book your OV now (not a verandah) and when the promo ends and price drops (yes, I know, IF the price drops), re-fare at the new lower price and lose the promo? If the price doesn't drop, then simply cancel the booking. Or is that too much work?! It does sound like it's too much work but you'd get what you want at a price you're willing to pay, or you don't go. I keep checking pricing or using the fishy site, until final payment, so it would be something that I'd be willing to do if I was in your situation.

I keep checking the prices. I don't think saving money is "too much work", trust me ;) I just would really like to know if I can get on the cruise I want for a price I'm willing to pay, and not even the fishy site can predict that ;)

from what my TA said, the promo code that applies to the View and Verandah sale WITH OBC eligibilty was NOT in effect/generated the other day....

My advice is to check again today, since my TA says that NOW it appears for my cruise, whereas for the last 2 days it did not.

Mine is getting adjusted, so please go back and check ---- I forget the promo code, something like JP or similar....

Carol

Thanks for the "heads up". I double checked the website and my cruise still does not show the OBC portion. I also checked with a large online TA and nothing there either.

Our Zuiderdam cruise for July 2016 went down last week by 400 per person. We saw this on their website, so my husband called our Travel agent, and within an hour we had the 800 dollar credit plus OB credit of 150 each... Saving us 1100. We had only made the initial deposit, and our total is not due till May.