View and Veranda promotion expanded to include OBC

DaveOKC

just got the email, and fired off an email to my TA....also took a "snapshot" on my iPad of the offer and the terms and conditions.

Unfortunately, I think I will lose the ZPM offer of thank you for sailing with us credit, as the terms says it is not combinable with other shipboard offers.

Every little bit helps!

Carol

just got the email, and fired off an email to my TA....also took a "snapshot" on my iPad of the offer and the terms and conditions.

Unfortunately, I think I will lose the ZPM offer of thank you for sailing with us credit, as the terms says it is not combinable with other shipboard offers.

Every little bit helps!

Carol

HAL should not take away your ZPM OBC.

I just looked at the offer and the fine print stated "Offers are available for new bookings only, are not combinable with Flash promotions, are capacity controlled...," Is ZPM considered a Flash promotion (I have no idea what is considered a Flash promotion). If not, then it should be combinable. This was the only statement that I saw that included the word "not combinable with"

We also would like to book using our thank you credit. So, hope you get favorable news from TA. We'll be talking with ours in a couple of day.

Marge

If your ZPM promotion is within 60 days of your last HAL sailing, you should be able to keep it.

I just called my PCC and he said that this new promotion is only for "select sailings" and mine does not qualify. I would like to double check this, but the HAL site is not working. So, does anyone have a list of the cruises that do qualify?? I am looking at the April 26, 2017 sailing of the Amsterdam - Panama Canal - 18 days out of FLL.

if you click on the link in the email, under the area of the world you are sailing i.e. SA, Alaska, etc...it should bring up the applicable sailings.

The ZPM thank you offer fine print says not combinable with other shipboard credit offers. so we shall see how they interpet this.

Carol

After our August cruise I got the ZPM email and one other from HAL but then, after that, nothing....again! I had the person at the future cruise office try to help me get on the email list as all of my online attempts have failed. But it seems I've fallen off of it again as I didn't get any info about this promo. Any suggestions on how to stay on that email list???

I did not get the email, can someone look up my sailing for me - April 26, 2107, Panama Canal on the Amsterdam, 18 days FLL to Seattle.

We are booked on this cruise. When I checked just now it was showing the new promotion. And the price for a OV cabin had gone down by $100. Just sent an email to my agent. Thanks for the heads-up.

If your ZPM promotion is within 60 days of your last HAL sailing, you should be able to keep it.

I just called my PCC and he said that this new promotion is only for "select sailings" and mine does not qualify. I would like to double check this, but the HAL site is not working. So, does anyone have a list of the cruises that do qualify?? I am looking at the April 26, 2017 sailing of the Amsterdam - Panama Canal - 18 days out of FLL.

Your cruise is listed

More Savings: View & Verandah: Book select 2016-2017 cruises and receive FREE stateroom upgrades, up to 10% off select shore excursions PLUS save up to 25% on select Collectors' Voyages. See Terms and Conditions for full details. (learn more)

Interior *

from US$2,199 *

per person for

depart 26 Apr 2017

Ocean-view *

from US$2,199 *

per person for

depart 26 Apr 2017

Vista Suite *

from US$3,699 *

per person for

depart 26 Apr 2017

Neptune Suite *

from US$6,999 *

per person for

depart 26 Apr 2017

*Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses are an additional US$620

Ship: ms Amsterdam Embark Port: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US Disembark Port: Seattle, Washington, US

Departure Dates: Apr 26, 2017

Edited by freestyling

After our August cruise I got the ZPM email and one other from HAL but then, after that, nothing....again! I had the person at the future cruise office try to help me get on the email list as all of my online attempts have failed. But it seems I've fallen off of it again as I didn't get any info about this promo. Any suggestions on how to stay on that email list???

I always call the Mariner Society when I think I have been bumped off emails and/or mailings.

Carol

As others have noted, your cruise qualifies.

I can't tell you how many times that I booked a cruise through my HAL PCC that a promotion is later offered and then being told we didn't qualify because it's for "new bookings only". :eek:

We always transfer to our online TA and every time she was able to secure the promotion without losing any other promos we had on our booking. We also get a great discount. :)

We are booked on this cruise. When I checked just now it was showing the new promotion. And the price for a OV cabin had gone down by $100. Just sent an email to my agent. Thanks for the heads-up.

Please let me know if you get the extra OBC.

DaveOKC

As others have noted, your cruise qualifies.

I can't tell you how many times that I booked a cruise through my HAL PCC that a promotion is later offered and then being told we didn't qualify because it's for "new bookings only". :eek:

We always transfer to our online TA and every time she was able to secure the promotion without losing any other promos we had on our booking. We also get a great discount. :)

That's a shame, I would ask for a different PCC, or just book with the TA in the first place. We're very happy with our PCC, have had no problems at all. She handles everything quickly and efficiently. Will be transferring to a TA before final payment though, just to get extra OBC.

We checked on our cruise, and since the price went up since we booked, it would cost an extra $600 to get this promotion. :eek: I think not!

OK - just talked to my PCC again and no go on getting the OBC - he said that my cruise does not qualify for the "whole" View and Veranda deal, just the part with upgrades and discounted shore excursions.

When I look it up on-line, it does say (as others have posted for me) that it qualifies for V&V, but it does not mention the OBC part - so this is where the confusion comes in.

What I need is to get a hold of someone that has the complete list of qualifying (for OBC) cruises. I know there are some people on this board who have great contacts in this area, so perhaps they can help????

That's a shame, I would ask for a different PCC, or just book with the TA in the first place. We're very happy with our PCC, have had no problems at all. She handles everything quickly and efficiently. Will be transferring to a TA before final payment though, just to get extra OBC.

We checked on our cruise, and since the price went up since we booked, it would cost an extra $600 to get this promotion. :eek: I think not!

The PCC I have has been with HAL for over 15 years and is the third one I've used. The reason we book with a PCC initially is the agency we use charges a cancellation fee. We book the cabin we want and transfer for a 12-15% discount when we are sure that is the cruise we will be able to take.

As I've stated in previous posts, twice after we booked a cruise and the Explore 4 promo was announced, we were able to get package with no price increase even though the prices went up. Could my PCC do that--no. Another poster had the same luck.

OK - just talked to my PCC again and no go on getting the OBC - he said that my cruise does not qualify for the "whole" View and Veranda deal, just the part with upgrades and discounted shore excursions.

When I look it up on-line, it does say (as others have posted for me) that it qualifies for V&V, but it does not mention the OBC part - so this is where the confusion comes in.

What I need is to get a hold of someone that has the complete list of qualifying (for OBC) cruises. I know there are some people on this board who have great contacts in this area, so perhaps they can help????

Hi Dave,

I contacted my PCC about the OBC and was told no dice. Both of my cruises were re-fared last December under the V&V promo and they're both listed under the new header with the OBC component. I've just sent screen shots and asked her to inquire why the T&Cs listed for the new V&V are different from the T&Cs for the specific cruise (missing the OBC component). I'll post what, if anything, I find out. Last time, their system showed something different than the HAL website so maybe that's the case this time too. Not that that's an excuse but an explanation.