Queen Victoria Sailaway 1/22/16

rafinmd

Not just a HAL corporate cousin, but a HAL Signature ship with a little different funnel, Queen Victoria will be making one of it’s rare appearances in Ft. Lauderdale Friday. Times will be shown on the port web site but I expect she will arrive early and leave approximately 6PM. I will be arriving on her and will try to note the All Aboard time and post it as I disembark.

http://portevergladeswebcam.com

http://ftlauderdalewebcam.com

By the time she sails I should be established in my Miami hotel room and most certainly plan to be watching. I’ve listened to the horns at the daily noon horn test and Vicky is blessed with a very nice set of tooters. I sure hope Captain Peter Philpott will put them to good use on the way out but I’ll have to discover the answer to that with everybody else.

Roy

Thanks, Roy, I will try to be here. And welcome back to North America!

QV, and QE, are on our wish list. We loved QE2 and QM2. In years past we sailed on a few of the "ia" ships. Only crossings, though, just one cruise, the QE2 through the Panama Canal for our 35th anniversary.

Thanks, Roy, I will try to be here. And welcome back to North America!

QV, and QE, are on our wish list. We loved QE2 and QM2. In years past we sailed on a few of the "ia" ships. Only crossings, though, just one cruise, the QE2 through the Panama Canal for our 35th anniversary.

Don't worry. You will love QV and QE. Way better than QM2! QE2.... well, hard to beat that act.

I was on board VICTORIA that she was in port with QE2. They did a 'concert' dueling horns. You can find it YouTube... at Zebrugge... the ships bow to bow. QE2 won!

Don't worry. You will love QV and QE. Way better than QM2! QE2.... well, hard to beat that act.

I was on board VICTORIA that she was in port with QE2. They did a 'concert' dueling horns. You can find it YouTube... at Zebrugge... the ships bow to bow. QE2 won!

We did love QE2, I think we sailed on her 3 times. QM2, just once, but I really liked her. I don't think I would ever take a cruise on her, but she was great for crossing the Atlantic, with good shopping!:D

I'm more comfortable on HAL, though, like an old pair of slippers!

Maybe the rain will let up before sail-away. Still I will take 72 and rain over 28 and snow any day of the week!

Are you snowed in today? We heard the DC area was due for 60 cm. of snow/freezing rain! I well remember those days, just happy we have found a more moderate climate!

Are you snowed in today? We heard the DC area was due for 60 cm. of snow/freezing rain! I well remember those days, just happy we have found a more moderate climate!

It started around ten this morning and it is supposed to snow continually until sometime Saturday night/early Sunday morning. Depending on who you listen to, we will get anywhere from 1 to 2 feet before it ends. As you know from Northern Virginia, we really are not prepared to deal with heavy snow falls and everything comes to a stop. Schools will likely be closed most, if not all, of next week. I expect not to go out before Wednesday (good I don't get cabin fever:D). I even had to buy food (remember, I don't cook) for the duration. Sandwiches and frozen dinners are in my immediate future!:eek:

Maybe the rain will let up before sail-away. Still I will take 72 and rain over 28 and snow any day of the week!

Let me go full New England - Not likely chummy. It's all gaumy up in heah. 'Taint nuthin fit for man nor beast.

It's a pretty miserable day in South Florida. Still, I no way wish I was back home.

Roy

That's for sure. They have closed RIC (Richmond airport) and announced things won't get back to normal before Monday or Tuesday. It's a small airport so nothing like the problems that IAD, DCA, and BWI will have.

Port schedule still shows 6:00. All Aboard is 5:30. On my 2 port calls Capt. Philpott got away pretty quickly after all aboard, but of course then he didn't have to deal with delayed flights. I think there's a good chance of about a 5:45 departure, but with the weather wouldn't count on it.

Roy