Review Celebrity Eclipse Jan. 10-24, 2016

ROWSE

What was that first drink with the chocolate in the middle. We board the eclipse on the 7th!

Hello Macaroni!

That drink is the Mud Slide. I am sure they are the reason I do not dare get on the scale for several days!

Enjoying your review and photos ? I will be following closely as we sail on Eclipse on March 6.

Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for the lovely comment. I bet March seems like a very far way off. You are in for an amazing time!

Enjoying your review and upbeat attitude very much. Mrs. HAM and I will be on the Eclipse in ELEVEN days, (not that I'm counting), and your review is making me look forward to it even more, if that's possible.

George

We love Eclipse and have sailed on her 4 times and have another cruise planned in June for the Baltics. Your pictures and review are wonderful and you're getting me all revved up for our next cruise. Thank you for taking time to share your journey with us!!

Hi Jim and Kitty!

Good to see you again :). We were on the Ocean Princess with y'all in Jan/Feb 2015 and joined in on the motu/snorkel excursion in Raiatea with Floriane. Seeing your thread here brought back many fond memories of French Polynesia.

Glad you had a great time on Celebrity and hope they 'wowed' you. It's our favorite cruise line! THey had us at hello :D. We will be on the Eclipse Mar. 6th. Love this ship!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your pics and review.

Hope our cruise paths cross again.

Hi! I am really enjoying your review and photos - especially the drink photos! Did you upgrade to the premium package, or are the drinks you showed all on the classic? I'm trying to decide if I need to upgrade on our upcoming cruise - that Cosmo really called to me! Thanks!

We were on the same January 2016 Eclipse sailing as Rowse, same deck, cabin 1018 (C3). Loved the cruise.

I agree about the bread, same boring selection every night. Although it stopped me eating too much bread which can pile on the pounds.

One thing I didn't like about our cabin was that the bed was next to the balcony, I prefer the sofa to be next to the balcony. I was interested to see in the OP picture that their sofa was next to the bed. According to the Celebrity brochure both cabins appear to be C3 with convertible sofa bed.

Can anyone explain why the difference, as next time I would prefer to book a cabin with the sofa next to the balcony door.

Thank you.

@YORKI1: The placement of the bed and sofa in relation to the balcony varies between these two configurations for every other cabin, and is due to the fact that the cabin is broader where the bed is. So in order to fit the cabins together and using as little space as possible, they place them in this every-other type of configuration. I am sure there is someone on Cruise Critic who has calculated which cabin has which configuration on the different ships...

Based on a recent cruise on the Equinox (also Solstice class), I can for example say that Concierge cabin 1174 on deck 10 has the sofa by the balcony config that you desire, but cabins 1172 and 1176 did not, they had the bed by the balcony.

A big thanks to ROWSE for the great review! It makes us revisit our recent cruise, although it was on the Equinox :-)

Edited by Psilor

Many thanks for your review---I love the pictures of the cocktails---giving me lots of ideas!:D

Good morning, thank you so much for following along. Having the drink package was just the greatest!

Hi again and thanks for doing this Eclipse review, particularly as we shared a dock together in St Kitts and St Maarten.

Off to a great start- keep the photos coming!

Norris

Love reading this! We were on the December 27th sailing and it was by far the cruise we have been on in a long time. Can't wait to hear more.

Thank you BM64, so glad your cruise was as wonderful as ours!

Enjoying your review and upbeat attitude very much. Mrs. HAM and I will be on the Eclipse in ELEVEN days, (not that I'm counting), and your review is making me look forward to it even more, if that's possible.

George

Welcome George!

Oh my gosh, only 10 days now as you wrote yesterday. I am so excited for you! Hope you have a fantastic time!

I'm enjoying your review & pictures! Do you remember what places were open for lunch on Embarkation day? Thanks

Welcome curleyjane!

The next post after yours answered your question, and on our cruise the main dining room was not open till 5:45 for both Select dining and Traditional 1st seating.

AquaSpa Cafe and Mast Grill were both open at 11:30, and Gastrobar with their upcharge British Pub Fare was open at 11:00. (Will get in to our experience with that later).

Bistro on Five with it's $10 per person upcharge was also open at 11:30.

Bistro on 5, Oceanview buffet and Luminae are open. Don't think MDR is. Looked like there was food in Aquaspa cafe in the picture of it.

Gordoncruickshank, thank you for reading along and your help in answering, and I hope I am not missing any questions along the way.

We love Eclipse and have sailed on her 4 times and have another cruise planned in June for the Baltics. Your pictures and review are wonderful and you're getting me all revved up for our next cruise. Thank you for taking time to share your journey with us!!

Welcome suzzek!

I am excited to return someday to the Eclipse also. Baltic's and Mediterranean are still on our bucket lists, and this ship would be fantastic to do that on! I bet June can't come fast enough!

Wonderful review. We will be on the Feb. 7th sailing and can't wait. Thanks so much for sharing

Welcome Lil Pups!

Wow you only have a few days till you get this amazing experience, lucky you! Thank you for reading along!.

Hi Jim and Kitty!

Good to see you again :). We were on the Ocean Princess with y'all in Jan/Feb 2015 and joined in on the motu/snorkel excursion in Raiatea with Floriane. Seeing your thread here brought back many fond memories of French Polynesia.

Glad you had a great time on Celebrity and hope they 'wowed' you. It's our favorite cruise line! THey had us at hello :D. We will be on the Eclipse Mar. 6th. Love this ship!!! Looking forward to seeing more of your pics and review.

Hope our cruise paths cross again.

Bev and Jim,

So excited to see people I know reading along. Wasn't it beautiful on Raiatea and on the Ocean Princess. Wonderful memories! Hope your March cruise is just as wonderful! Looks like Boerne, Texas is sunny and fairly warm, it is rainy and cold here!

I also hope we cruise together again someday!