LittleMissMagic's 17-Day ~Pacific Princess~ Panama Canal **PHOTO REVIEW**

LittleMissMagic

Continuing our ship tour, here is the lobby. It's very small, but I love the rich red and gold colors.

24385162580_bd22788037_b.jpg

Lobby by Victoria Shingleton, on Flickr

And the Cabaret Lounge, which served as the theater. This is where all of the evening shows were held.

Rachel and I tackled unpacking our suitcases and were mostly done before dinner.

Our dinner table was 6 which was located at the entrance of the Club Restaurant, so we didn't have the best view of the entire dining room, but there was only one point of entry, so we could watch everyone walk by. Our table neighbors the first night were horrible people. Two grouchy couples who talked about us at a level that we could hear them. First they complained about how boring their surroundings (us) were (which was really unfair for them to judge so quickly because we were just having an off night). One of the women (whom Rachel named "Miss Hannigan") made a comment, either talking about Rachel or my mother, "She's just an unhappy person." Rachel and I exchanged glances. Later we were talking about how I had just turned 24, and Rachel says, "Just wait until you hit 25 - there's nothing to look forward to from there." "I think she's 25," said Daddy Warbucks (Rachel's name for Miss Hannigan's husband). "No, she must be younger. She's wearing a sorority ring," said Miss Hannigan (referring to the Clemson class ring). They were really studying us. I listened to their conversations, too, and when they weren't talking about us or other people in the dining room, they liked to brag to each other about how much money they spent on things.

Enough with the atmosphere, and on with the food.

I started with the Red Snapper Mojito because it was the award-winning dish of the 6th annual Bacardi bartender and chef cruise competition. It was just alright. I'm not sure if I was really in the mood for seafood, yet.

For my entree, I chose the Cumin-Spiced Texas Beef Chili which was listed as the Home-Style Cuisine for the evening. I went with a lot of the Home-Style options on this cruise, and I really enjoyed them. The beef chili was great. I really like the simpler, less-fancy dishes.

I think it was my dad who ordered the Cognac-Flamed Crawfish Etouffee with Louisiana Hot Sauce. I don't remember his thoughts on it, but I will share the photo I snapped.

And for dessert, Flourless Chocolate Cake which is delicious, but really, really rich.

We went to the Welcome Aboard show after dinner, but headed to bed immediately after. We weren't really expecting there to be a lot of nightlife on the ship, and we had 16 more days to party it up.

Edited by LittleMissMagic

Comments about fellow dining neighbors from fellow dining neighbors? Huh? Are you are kidding me?? I am sure that I or my wife would not have been quiet if we would have heard those comments. In other words those folks would have heard something about what they said about us. Unbelievable! Well, not really. None the less, pretty uncalled for on their part.

As far as the Louisiana Craw Fish dish, my wife enjoyed it on our cruise last month. She liked it, but, she said it might have been better with some more spice, IE: hot sauce.

Thanks for the effort to keep forging ahead with this review considering the time challenges of your classwork. Really enjoy your photos and the perspective of a "younger" cruiser.

Yes a sad old biddy.....

Wish you were there Tuesday to set em straight.. :D

I wish I was, too. I love the PP, and the food last voyage was exceptional. We were seated up on the center "island" in the dining room and had a great view of everything. Those table to the left as you enter the dining room don't have much of a view, and since the PP is traditional all the way, you're kind of stuck with what you get.

Finding all of this very helpful

We have travelled on Azamara R ships and love the R ships so looking at suitable itineraries on Pacific Princess

One question I have is regarding Dining seating

Do we have to stick with the same companions we are seated with the first night or are we able to nominate dining with a different group of 6 or 8 table

companions each evening

Thank you

Finding all of this very helpful

We have travelled on Azamara R ships and love the R ships so looking at suitable itineraries on Pacific Princess

One question I have is regarding Dining seating

Do we have to stick with the same companions we are seated with the first night or are we able to nominate dining with a different group of 6 or 8 table

companions each evening

Thank you

You can ask to be moved, but you would ruffle feathers if you requested it more than once or twice. There are 2 seatings: early and late. So you could also request to change to the other seating.

The easiest way to avoid table companions that you don't like is to go to the Panorama Buffet. A lot of the food is the same as what is in the dining room.

Hope all is well,Victoria.

Looking forward to future posts as DH and I may consider a Panama Canal cruise for a future vacation.

I realize that Grad School,family and friend obligations can keep a person very busy.

I will keep checking for your posts.

Take care.

I wish I was, too. I love the PP, and the food last voyage was exceptional. We were seated up on the center "island" in the dining room and had a great view of everything. Those table to the left as you enter the dining room don't have much of a view, and since the PP is traditional all the way, you're kind of stuck with what you get.

I didn't know any of the "mass market" ships were still all traditional. Makes me want to sail her just to experience it again.