First Neptune Suite questions

dznymom

If it's not a huge difference in size, we would prefer the larger balcony as we spend more time there than just about any place else. Of course, that avoids the question of large does something have to be to qualify as "huge". I'd say we'd probably give up 10% of the inside.

The aft-wraps have a smaller cabin, but the large balcony is a good trade off, especially if you are cruising in an area where you spend a decent amount of time on it (wonderful for the Panama Canal).

Also, its great if you are having a party on them. On our Oosterdam deck 5 aft-wrap we had 25 people on it and it was not crowded at all - could have had 35 easily.

The only thing with staying on an aft through the canal is you miss so much - you really also need to spend some time seeing where you are going, not where you have gone, as it is quite remarkable to see all the workings of the canal as you approach the locks. Be sure to get out and about, and all forward balconies are open during the transit.

The only thing with staying on an aft through the canal is you miss so much - you really also need to spend some time seeing where you are going, not where you have gone, as it is quite remarkable to see all the workings of the canal as you approach the locks. Be sure to get out and about, and all forward balconies are open during the transit.

I am definitely looking forward to that! But since it looks like the transit starts very early, I love the idea of going out there in my robe with a cup of coffee. I read that there are now coffee/espresso machines in the suite! And I will send DH out for some of those Panama Buns I have heard so much about :)

The range that they show for the Neptune Suite is 500 to 712 feet I think, so the 500 is most likely the corner suites (although I could be wrong). For anyone that really cares about inside space, that is a significant difference.

The aft-wraps have a smaller cabin, but the large balcony is a good trade off, especially if you are cruising in an area where you spend a decent amount of time on it (wonderful for the Panama Canal).

Also, its great if you are having a party on them. On our Oosterdam deck 5 aft-wrap we had 25 people on it and it was not crowded at all - could have had 35 easily.

I would love to have a balcony party, but alas this time it is just DH and I cruising. And so far, the roll call isn't very active so I don't know if there will even be a CC M&G. I'm not quite sure where I would find people to invite!

JPH814,

Thanks for your comments.

Our wine waiter was able to exchange the bottle of sparkling wine for a bottle of white wine that was drinkable (we paid the price difference).

We did such an exchange many cruises.

I always appreciate the nice gesture of Captain and Hotel Director providing us with the 'welcome aboard' but don't find the actual brand to my taste. It is still a thoughtful gesture. :)

Good for folks who like the stern corner Neptunes, but I find the inside a little too small.

After looking at the pictures on this thread, I prefer the normal Neptune suite, and do not need that much space on a balcony.

Again, good for you, and enjoy......:)

We had an aft huge suite on a Princess ship and while the cabin was very beautiful and comfortable, we never wanted an aft cabin again. We didn't like the view being of 'where we had been' and the thrusters/anchor chain were annoying to our comfort. We always have loved the "SA" cabins along port/starboard. Much more to our liking.

The "SA" verandah is plenty large for us.

I am definitely looking forward to that! But since it looks like the transit starts very early, I love the idea of going out there in my robe with a cup of coffee. I read that there are now coffee/espresso machines in the suite! And I will send DH out for some of those Panama Buns I have heard so much about :)

The range that they show for the Neptune Suite is 500 to 712 feet I think, so the 500 is most likely the corner suites (although I could be wrong). For anyone that really cares about inside space, that is a significant difference.

The Panama buns are delicious, especially when they are freshly baked and still warm. Look for them on the promenade deck, the Crows Nest, and the Lido of course. They also have them on the bow which opens early morning.

bc4812c518446d49963867c133e4a934.jpg

My happy view somewhere in the North Atlantic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So beautiful.

Thanks for sharing with us. :)

Question! If I prebook dining and excursions does that still count towards our onboard spend for Mariner Status?

Everything you spend in advance of boarding is added to your Mariner Credit Days as though you were spending the money on the ship.

I would love to have a balcony party, but alas this time it is just DH and I cruising. And so far, the roll call isn't very active so I don't know if there will even be a CC M&G. I'm not quite sure where I would find people to invite!

We had the people from our CC roll call board as our guests - about 25 of them. We posted this on the roll call message board and had great response.

Even if your roll call is not active now, it likely will pick up alot in the last 60 days as people get serious about planning.

This has become very long discussion, so sorry if I repeat.....upon boarding head directly to Neptune Lounge to meet the staff and sample the champagne. On occasion, if cabin not ready, we have left carryons.

( and board in your suite group, you'll only be passed by mega-day mariners!)

Also, we really enjoy breakfast in Pinnacle. Lunch there is excellent as well, but better on longer cruises so you actually have a chance at being hungry when you sit down!

We stop by the Neptune lounge thruout the day. We got away from room service in am, instead dropping in at Neptune for coffee and fruit, then heading to Pinnacle for my favorite Japanese breakfast later. We like the coffee and iced tea. We also enjoy the fresh berries in the am that disappeared years ago from the main dining venues. Afternoon canapés are rather fussy, but we usually find a little something. We try to book specialty restaurants before boarding, and just show up for dinner when ready, but have always found concierges to be helpful and pleasant.

You'll like the bath- dressing room-closet space; cabins are an excellent price per square foot compared to other lines suites! Have a wonderful trip!

( wish I were onboard; homesick for a nice cabin!)

Anyone know if the suites on Westerdam have the new coffee makers? Sailing in three weeks.

I don't believe so from the HAL listing of when things are happening on the ships that LAFFNVEGAS so kindly shared with us. I could be wrong of course but I did pay attention as we plan to be on her in April.

Again, thanks for all the helpful comments. We spent most of the day researching our ports and trying to make decisions. We did book our specialty dinners and our HMC Clamshell, so I am happy that those things will count towards our onboard spend. Since it is frigid outside this has been a pleasant diversion!

This has become very long discussion, so sorry if I repeat.....upon boarding head directly to Neptune Lounge to meet the staff and sample the champagne. On occasion, if cabin not ready, we have left carryons.

( and board in your suite group, you'll only be passed by mega-day mariners!)

Also, we really enjoy breakfast in Pinnacle. Lunch there is excellent as well, but better on longer cruises so you actually have a chance at being hungry when you sit down!

We stop by the Neptune lounge thruout the day. We got away from room service in am, instead dropping in at Neptune for coffee and fruit, then heading to Pinnacle for my favorite Japanese breakfast later. We like the coffee and iced tea. We also enjoy the fresh berries in the am that disappeared years ago from the main dining venues. Afternoon canapés are rather fussy, but we usually find a little something. We try to book specialty restaurants before boarding, and just show up for dinner when ready, but have always found concierges to be helpful and pleasant.

You'll like the bath- dressing room-closet space; cabins are an excellent price per square foot compared to other lines suites! Have a wonderful trip!

( wish I were onboard; homesick for a nice cabin!)

Great suggestions! We made our specialty reservations today, so that is taken care of. I am looking forward to trying the Dutch and English breakfasts. I love that they have such interesting choices. I'm not sure how much we will use the Neptune Lounge, but we will certainly check it out when we embark and a couple more times at least.

DaveOKC, we are only 33 days out, so I am not sure our Roll Call is going to come to life, but we shall see :)

Again, thanks for all the helpful comments. We spent most of the day researching our ports and trying to make decisions. We did book our specialty dinners and our HMC Clamshell, so I am happy that those things will count towards our onboard spend. Since it is frigid outside this has been a pleasant diversion!

DaveOKC, we are only 33 days out, so I am not sure our Roll Call is going to come to life, but we shall see :)

You might be surprised how many people get online the last 30 days. Good Luck!

Question: On our last Princess cruise, we received a complimentary corsage on the first formal night. Does Holland do something similar? We don't do formal/gala nights and don't want to waste the flowers. We would like to tell the steward to give it to someone else who would enjoy the corsage. If they don't provide a corsage, that's fine too.

Question: On our last Princess cruise, we received a complimentary corsage on the first formal night. Does Holland do something similar? We don't do formal/gala nights and don't want to waste the flowers. We would like to tell the steward to give it to someone else who would enjoy the corsage. If they don't provide a corsage, that's fine too.

Only the Neptune and Pinnacle cabins get the corsage. Recently some HAL ships have begun asking if you want it or not, in a short note in your cabin the day prior to the first Gala night.

Thanks Dave and Krazy.

We're in a Neptune suite. I'll ask the steward to either not bring it or to give it to someone who will be doing Gala. Maybe that will result in a nice tip for the steward.

You have to request the corsage these days via the concierge. Say nothing and you won't get them. Easy.:)