Charging for tea?

tigresslea

Yes it is. Another change that will destroy the cruising experience for millions.

Bummer. Are there any tea bags offered for free? I guess just plain Lipton ones?

It won't ruin my cruising experience, I will just deal with what's offered or bring my own.

just off the pride. They offered Bigalow green tea in addition to the lipton regular/decaf. On the first day they had english breakfast and in the MDR for breakfast they did have a better selection of bigalow teas. All were free.

That said, for $8 I bought 2 boxes of my favorite organic teas, packed them in my suitcase and enjoyed exactly what I wanted.

But they do still offer free Iced tea? Its our first cruise, is why I ask, and I loveee iced tea. Hot tea is nice too but iced tea is my favorite! :)

Don't get too excited. The iced tea on Lido is really nasty!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

If Carnival continues on it's current course, before long "guests" will have to put a quarter in a slot to get into the bathroom in their own cabin. Not only does pride come before a fall, greed often does as well. Flame away, oh ye with blinders on.

Edited by Towel Critter
punctuation error.

I always make the Lipton in a cup of hot water and pot over ice. The ice tea in the spout was not refreshing to me

I know it is a typo, but it did make me giggle.

Denver style I guess.

I'm betting Denver Iced Tea might outsell the Long Island Tea:)

just off the pride. They offered Bigalow green tea in addition to the lipton regular/decaf. On the first day they had english breakfast and in the MDR for breakfast they did have a better selection of bigalow teas. All were free.

That said, for $8 I bought 2 boxes of my favorite organic teas, packed them in my suitcase and enjoyed exactly what I wanted.

Thank you, the green tea will work too

Here's a recent (long) thread that discusses it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2303661

Yes, basic Lipton and Lipton Decaf (I believe) tea bags, as well as the stuff they call iced tea from the beverage dispenser machine still available for free on Lido.

Thank you. I know the "iced tea" on Lodi is available but yuck...

I suppose you could get some people together and have your own version of the Boston Tea Party, but I doubt that it would have much of an effect.

BAHAHAHAHA! :D I can't believe no one else is quoting this. The best!

I don't drink tea and I'm sure it feels like just another thing they're charging for but tea bags aren't that big...can't you just pack your favorite?

My wife always mixes her iced tea with the lemonade (also free), making an Arnold Palmer.

I didn't think the Magic's iced tea was any worse than iced tea I would normally get at any restaurant. Then again, I'm happy with Lipton for hot tea too.

My wife always mixes her iced tea with the lemonade (also free), making an Arnold Palmer.

I didn't think the Magic's iced tea was any worse than iced tea I would normally get at any restaurant. Then again, I'm happy with Lipton for hot tea too.

That would be worth a try but I avoid sugar in my drinks. The tea isn't fresh brewed so it tastes bad to me. A lot of people don't like it. It's just as easy to make fresh brewed iced tea. I get a glass with ice. Make hot tea in a mug, adding sweetener if I want. Pour tea over ice. Done.

On the Sunshine last month the iced tea on the Lido deck was OK ... not my home made Luzianne ... but not all that terrible especially if you add a shot of lemonade to it.

If I "need" high end tea I believe I'd toss a few bag of my favorite into my bag from home and use the very hot water on the beverage stations without it ruining my vacation. :)

Cruising is still about the same price it was 10 years ago while everything else has gone up. To maintain the low cruise fares it stands to reason that cuts have to be made somewhere. It seems to me that all the different lines are trying to make the bulk of the cuts in areas that are above and beyond the "normal choices" so if there's an upcharge it only affects those who want that particular item like herbal teas or filets/lobster at dinner on night other than elegant night without it affecting those that don't care.