On Adventure Now - Don't Listen to Naysayers

Just boarded Adventure of the Seas. All I have to say is this whole group of people just kills me. "Check-in is a nightmare," "the ship is tired," "the staff is grumpy," "bar staff is slow," blah blah blah.

We arrived at the pier at 12:15. Found the platinum and above bag drop all the way to the left as indicated on these boards - great tip! And we're on the ship at 12:45.

I've officially learned to never take people's reviews on this site seriously. The ship looks great! The staff is super friendly! We've been served instantly multiple times already and with many smiles. I'm so excited for a wonderful week.

Give me a break! Sail Adventure. If you're miserable stay on shore and leave the fabulous vacations for those of us who appreciate it. Have a great time. Enjoy life!!!

xoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have sailed Adventure twice, and both times we had a great experience. Staff was always friendly, and ship was great except missing a Flowrider for the boys!

I think to some degree service can be a self fulfilling prophecy.

If you have a whiney attitude and are brusk or pissy with staff, (considering it "their job" to make you feel sooo special), they can give attitude right back to you. Seen it many time at bars. We try to let staff know how much we appreciate their efforts and treat them like friends rather than servants. We get taken care of better than the impatient complainers sitting down the bar from us.

Guess my point is, from room steward to bar staff to other ships personnel, how you act toward them can influence how they treat you. In about 20 cruises I have a hard time remembering more than a few RCI staff that I had any complaint with. The vast majority were great.

We go on AOS in late April for the first time, and are really looking forward to it. Don't put much stock in complainers. Will be surprised if we don't have the same friendly staff we always do.

Glad to hear the positive comments also. We sailed on the Adventure twice before, the last time 3 years ago and enjoyed the ship, crew and service. It is really amazing to think of the wear/tear and use that occurs with 24/7 use by so many people. Am looking forward to some sunshine!!!!!!

I'll be on the AOS in May so keep those thoughts and impressions coming. I look forward to reading them.

thanks

I'm sure like most of us that have sailed the Adventure will like the staff and ship. Enjoy your Cruise.

Edited by davekathy

• 4 weeks later...

That's my biggest complaint about these boards. I used to read every thread that I found but now only read ones if I have I specific question or the subject strikes my eye. Because I found that last year I was honestly not looking forward to my cruise after reading different threads - which is ludicrous because I love to cruise and have never once had a bad experience with the cruiseline, ship or staff. Life's too short to be brought down by the whiners and complainers. We have the Adventure booked in 2017 and part of our group are first timers, and all the naysayers make me hesitant to refer them to this board as I don't want them to have a negative opinion before experiencing it themselves. And now I feel better for venting!!

I hope everyone enjoys their cruises!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Only 19 days until we board the Adventure! I am so happy to read the positive reviews of the ship. I totally agree that some people can never be pleased. I always go in with a positive attitude and that goes a long way when interacting with the crew. You only get back what you put forth. Looking forward to a wonderful cruise with lifelong friends!

Obviously they replaced the entire crew from our sailing last week. It was hit and miss all week but overall a good cruise.

Another swing and MISS. It's obvious is that you missed more than you hit and we can all see why. If you want a better vacation YOU, and only YOU have to make things happen. Faulting an entire crew for your inability to enjoy a cruise is sophomoric at best.

Woot! I have been eying AOS for 2018 for our adults only 10th wedding Anniversary/ 40th and 45th bdays, after deciding two Spring Breaks in a row isn't the way to go. The Southern itineraries out of San Juan seem like they would be wonderful options, especially with a few pre-nights added to the trip. I saw that AOS is due for a dry dock at the end of 2016 but no info was given as to what they will be working on.

Thanks for the positive note...I can't wait until pricing is out and I can put the deposit down!

We have been on the AOS twice, two different itineraries, and we were delighted by both cruises. The ship is beautiful, the crew is courteous, helpful, and cheerful. The food was great in the MDR, buffet, and specialty restaurant. Our room steward kept our room spotless. The ports were wonderful, and every excursion was enjoyable.

I think sometimes people who expect too much are often disappointed by their experiences.

Just off Adventure yesterday. It is a beautiful ship with an awesome crew. We only had one mean crew member who didn't give me a soda with my soda cup but I left my sea pass card with my coke sticker in my state room. He wasn't so nice about it but other than that it was a great cruise maybe the best one of our seven we have taken. A big shout out to our stateroom attendant Arthur who took great care of us and our waiters Jonas and Helyna who did a great job.

Just off Adventure yesterday. It is a beautiful ship with an awesome crew. We only had one mean crew member who didn't give me a soda with my soda cup but I left my sea pass card with my coke sticker in my state room. He wasn't so nice about it but other than that it was a great cruise maybe the best one of our seven we have taken. A big shout out to our stateroom attendant Arthur who took great care of us and our waiters Jonas and Helyna who did a great job.

Like you...we just got off Adventure of the Seas on Saturday - a terrific ship, crew, food service, and dining experience.

The ship (with Captain Shawn McDuff & Cruise Director Dan Whitney) worked the 7-day cruise to near perfection. Other than one technical hiccup on a show (redone on a later day), things went terrific.

Like you...we just got off Adventure of the Seas on Saturday - a terrific ship, crew, food service, and dining experience.

The ship (with Captain Shawn McDuff & Cruise Director Dan Whitney) worked the 7-day cruise to near perfection. Other than one technical hiccup on a show (redone on a later day), things went terrific.

Yes you are right, great ship and crew. What ever happened with the show and why was it cancelled? I never really did find out. We were at the early show because of our late dinner seating. I'm assuming there was no farewell show then which we always enjoy going to?

We disembarked Saturday, too. Had a wonderful week of fun and sun. The crew worked very hard to ensure we had a wonderful experience. It took me a coupe of days on board to remember to notice any short comings on the furniture, flooring, and fixtures. I had to look pretty hard to find any noticeable flaws. It was our first time in a JS. So spoiled now. First time in Giovanni's, too. Ate breakfast in the MDR every morning and for lunch on only sea day (another first). Only went to the Windjammer twice.

I highly recommend this ship and the southern islands it sails to.

Yes you are right, great ship and crew. What ever happened with the show and why was it cancelled? I never really did find out. We were at the early show because of our late dinner seating. I'm assuming there was no farewell show then which we always enjoy going to?

They had a computer malfunction (controlled onstage elements). They rescheduled it to the next day to replace the 7:45 show originally planned for the comedian (and moved him to a later time).

Another swing and MISS. It's obvious is that you missed more than you hit and we can all see why. If you want a better vacation YOU, and only YOU have to make things happen. Faulting an entire crew for your inability to enjoy a cruise is sophomoric at best.

My friend, you have sure read a lot into my comment. As I stated it was an overall good cruise, How did you determine that I did not enjoy MY cruise?