Crown Princess-Alaska

Kosi

Which side is best for Seattle -Seattle round trip on Crown Prince.. which would be the best side for scenery.. :) Thanks..

It really doesn't matter. The ship does turn around during Glacier day, so you get the benefit of all... just be up on deck and you won't miss anything. I had a balcony on port side, and it was great!

When we booked ours (we are doing the RT Vancouver) I asked the Princess rep for their opinion and he said the port side because that side will be facing scenery on the sea day on the way back.

I'm betting that there are great views from the cabin no matter which side your on (except maybe interior :) )

• 3 weeks later...

My father taught me port and left have four letters about 70 years ago...it stuck.

Where I had problems when I got older was remembering that when he said let the clutch out he meant step on it! He eventually made a good driver out of me, but it was hard on both of us.

Either side is good with a balcony ... aft might be the best of all.

But, it really depends on which side the whales will be breaching. That's the side you will want. Unfortunately, you won't know that ahead of time. :D

And this is something that I have noticed on most Princess ships on which I've sailed -- the port side carpeting actually has a red stripe running through the wave design whereas the starboard side does not.

This is really helpful if you get turned around in the elevators / stairs -- with a quick glance, you know on which hallway your stateroom cabin is located.

I always like being on the starboard side. Normally when in port the starboard side is up against pier so we can see what's going on. Be forwarded, your not going to see anything on sea days, your to far out in the ocean to see land. On sea days keep a watch out for whales, last year we saw dozens of whales from the ship.

I always like being on the starboard side. Normally when in port the starboard side is up against pier so we can see what's going on. Be forwarded, your not going to see anything on sea days, your to far out in the ocean to see land. On sea days keep a watch out for whales, last year we saw dozens of whales from the ship.

I thought (and have heard many others say) that they often alternate sides, probably to be able to do painting, lifeboat testing/maintenance, etc. Both of our NB Alaska cruises were alternating (port-side to in Vancouver, starboard-side to in Ketchikan, port-side to in Juneau, starboard-side in Juneau, port-side to in Whittier). Both of our RT-Seattle Alaska cruises were alternating except at the end (port-side to in Seattle, starboard in Ketchikan, port-side to in Juneau, starboard-side to in Skagway, Grand was port-side to in Victoria while Ruby was starboard-side to, and finished port-side to in Seattle).

• 4 weeks later...