Man overboard Sensation

cruiser fanatic

Someone on Facebook is reporting that someone went overboard on the Sensation and that everyone is going through Security again to scan their card to see who is missing. The coast guard is on the way. Speed is only 3.2 knots.

That's the only place I saw it. What was their source?

Someone on Facebook is reporting that someone went overboard on the Sensation and that everyone is going through Security again to scan their card to see who is missing. The coast guard is on the way. Speed is only 3.2 knots.

Where are they?

A friend of my husband is on that ship and he posted on FB that they are searching

So good to hear it was just a false alarm and all are accounted for!:)

I wonder what led them to believe someone had gone overboard. A hoax reported by a passenger? Someone seeing something that looked like a body fall off the ship, or floating in the water? A particular individual gone missing for awhile?

Great news! I wonder where they were!

I wonder who came to the conclusion that there was a man overboard? This comment at the facebook link got my attention:

Paul Desmond Better than the one that fell overboard from a RCCL ship that a Disney ship found. The RCCL ship had no clue he was missing.

WHAT? RCCL had no clue a passenger was missing?:eek:

I wonder who came to the conclusion that there was a man overboard? This comment at the facebook link got my attention:

WHAT? RCCL had no clue a passenger was missing?:eek:

Yeah, I remember reading about it when it happened. It was a young guy, fell from pretty high, late at night if I remember correctly. Absolute miracle he survived and was found.

I was on this ship, here's full rundown:

1pm - 3 signals of ships horn and captain announces man overboard. Ship begins to circle around, life preserver is in the water.

1:30pm - Crew finally lowers rescue boat to begin search, meanwhile ship has passed life ring w/ no one inside.

2pm - Cruise Director announces that there is a missing person reported on board.

2:30pm - Captain Announces that Coast Guard has been notified and we are at an full stop.

3pm - Passengers are told that they will be called by floor to come to the Empress atrium w/ sign and sail for accurate count. They scanned cards and asked that passengers stay clear of atrium.

4pm - Cruise director calls for all crew to level 3 for headcount.

4:30pm - After seeing numerous passes by coast guard plane the Captain announces that all passengers are accounted for and we will start back to Port Canaveral.

Here's the weird things:

Captain never said all crew accounted for.

We were between Miami and Freeport when this occured.

We headed back like a bat out of hell, We started back at 5pm. and we're in Port Canaveral @ 1:30 am for a "Medical Debark".