Best Desserts on Norwegian Escape

Juliayn

Ok headed out in a few weeks and loving all the recent LIVE Reviews! Have my drinks all set thanks to those posts but thought I'd take a poll as to best desserts (and from what restaurant) to make sure I don't miss any of the 2nd most important aspect of the cruise. So far the peanut butter cup cheesecake from Savor is on the list. Any other favorites? TIA!

I don't have a picture, but the Chocolate Lava Cake with Stracciatella gelato is also available in the regular MDRs. Delicious!

My mistake - that's what I have pictured above, with a mislabeled origin of Cagney's.

Cagney's was the Decadent Chocolate Fudge Brownie with macadamia nut ice cream & salted caramel sauce...

c5d63d6dc8a3883b27829296057e436e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can't remember the exact name, but there is an Orange Chocolate Mousse Parfait or something like that which is served in Taste and Savor. I had it maybe 3 times.

There is a sorbet assortment at Bayamo that was really good and while technically not a dessert there is a coffee drink at LaCucina that was fantastic as well.

There is an apple & pear crisp served in the MDR that is absolutely divine. I had the apple crisp in Cagney's thinking it would be better, and wasn't even close. I'm not much of a dessert eater, but I'll make a special stop in an MDR just for that crisp.

EDITED to add: I don't like chocolate, and I was thrilled that there was always a variety of non-chocolate choices. I hate going to land restaurants when everything is chocolate.

Edited by LrgPizza

My DH loves the chocolate raspberry truffle cake in the MDR! Can't remember which night it was served on, but he ordered two of them that night. It used to be an every-night offering, but no more, so he pigs out when he sees it available.

Is the Chocolate Lava Cake in Cagneys the same as the one in the MDR?
Wasn't on the menu there when I was on the Dawn in December. But you can do, what two of us did at the Teppanyaki restaurant and ask for it. We joked about how we would love to have the chocolate lava cake and the server had someone go and get it for us.

• 1 month later...
Ok headed out in a few weeks and loving all the recent LIVE Reviews! Have my drinks all set thanks to those posts but thought I'd take a poll as to best desserts (and from what restaurant) to make sure I don't miss any of the 2nd most important aspect of the cruise. So far the peanut butter cup cheesecake from Savor is on the list. Any other favorites? TIA!

Can you get this cheesecake at the Manhattan DR too?

Wasn't on the menu there when I was on the Dawn in December. But you can do, what two of us did at the Teppanyaki restaurant and ask for it. We joked about how we would love to have the chocolate lava cake and the server had someone go and get it for us.

Do you think this would be possible at any restaurant? I don't know if all restaurants use the same kitchen or not. I'd hate to make an employee walk super far to a different kitchen to fetch me something but if we're eating in a specialty restaurant and want an appetizer on the MDR menu, it'd be awesome if we could do that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Do you think this would be possible at any restaurant? I don't know if all restaurants use the same kitchen or not. I'd hate to make an employee walk super far to a different kitchen to fetch me something but if we're eating in a specialty restaurant and want an appetizer on the MDR menu, it'd be awesome if we could do that.

With my luck, I'd be the diner a few tables over wondering where in the heck my server disappeared to, as I'm trying to get my check. For that reason, I'd never dream of doing this. If you want an app from the MDR, go to the MDR and eat the app.

With my luck, I'd be the diner a few tables over wondering where in the heck my server disappeared to, as I'm trying to get my check. For that reason, I'd never dream of doing this. If you want an app from the MDR, go to the MDR and eat the app.

The server doesn't go get it himself. I do know this.

Okay, good. Maybe it's night quite as self-centered and lazy as it first appeared then.

I feel like it's better than taking up a table in the MDR just to eat one app and then leave. Now that would steal your server from ya!

I would never ask someone to get a special dessert from another venue, but could I go to the other venue for dessert? For example, after Teppanyaki could we go to Savor or Taste for just dessert?

Depending on the ship and venue, the kitchens are all the same anyway.

We went to Savor one night just for late dessert.

If you are paying a-la-carte, I don't think they would care if you just went for dessert. Can't imagine they would care even if you were on meal plan.

In Le Bistro they went to get us pound cake for the chocolate fondue.

The Tiramisu in La Cucine is pretty sporty.

We have ate at Cagney's, skipped dessert, and went to the MDR for my favorite dessert.....Souffle! They had a Coconut Souffle with Mango sauce one night and another had an Apple with Cranberry sauce. We had the reservation at Cagneys before I knew what they were serving in the MDR. The waiter seemed fine with the dessert only dining:D