New AMEX Offer: $75 off $250 on Carnival

Dixie24

You have to decide if $100 is worth the credit hit. Personally I avoid these offers for less than ~$500 equivalent value (usually for $3000 spend). There are plenty of those offers around, though.

While opening new cards will shorten the average age of your credit history, if you have good credit I wouldn't worry about any impact. my scores seem to fluctuate between 780-800 depending on what month, what bureau, etc. Either way, I am always receiving great CC offers and I follow the T&C's to a tee; never pay one cent in interest, and as far as I can tell am not being penalized on my score for taking these offers.

Now, if you open a new card every month and max it out and then slow pay on it and / or are accruing interest you could negatively impact your score, and once you are in to paying interest you may have wasted any advantage of the promotional benefit. It takes a lot of discipline (and a spreadsheet) to make sure you are maximizing benefits and not spending more than necessary to accrue them.

Amex gave us $300 after $1K spend; a year at 0% interest, and now thanks to the offers I have gotten back $200 in statement credits on NCL and $150 on Carnival besides the other benefits I've accrued from the card and a big stash of points in hold. Each person will receive different offers; they count on you going outside of the T&C's and that is where they make money. Just not on me. And it sounds like not on you either. :cool:

A data point. I purchased Cheers last week on my AMEX and it did not result in me getting the bonus. I just called to prepay gratuities, and before I was off the phone I got the confirmation email. In short, prepaid gratuities will get the credit, but Cheers will not.

A data point. I purchased Cheers last week on my AMEX and it did not result in me getting the bonus. I just called to prepay gratuities, and before I was off the phone I got the confirmation email. In short, prepaid gratuities will get the credit, but Cheers will not.

Thank you! I feel dumb for prepaying everything already... oh well

Thank you! I feel dumb for prepaying everything already... oh well

If it eventually posts as Carnival, wait until it does and then online chat with their reps. It may not work but if what they see is a Carnival charge, it may work.

Here's what I did:

1. Enrolled two cards (don't forget this step!)

2. Booked the cruise with an online travel agency (wanted lower deposit than Carnival and gave some onboard credit.)

3. Paid the deposit with one card.

4. Will call in a couple of days to put $250 more towards the account using the 2nd card.

5. Plan to pay the balance with gift cards before the deadline.

6. Get shareholder credit before sailing.

Getting 20% off so I'm very happy!

Did a blog post on it with pix, but the above is what I did in a nutshell.

Please help a very confused person here.....LOL!

1. How do you enroll a card??? What do you mean by this step?? Maybe I am just not "enrolled" somehow??

2. We have 3 Amex cards.....a Delta Amex, a Citibank Amex and a Costco Amex.....NONE seem to show any such offer under "Offers/All Offers"....am I looking in the right place??

Any and ALL guidance will be very much APPRECIATED!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

1. How do you enroll a card??? What do you mean by this step?? Maybe I am just not "enrolled" somehow??

2. We have 3 Amex cards.....a Delta Amex, a Citibank Amex and a Costco Amex.....NONE seem to show any such offer under "Offers/All Offers"....am I looking in the right place??

Any and ALL guidance will be very much APPRECIATED!!!! :confused::confused::confused:

It sounds like you are looking in the right place. It seems that Co-Branded AE cards don't have the offer. My Delta AE didn't have the offer.

Some have the offer and some don't. Out of 4 AMEXc cards, only my AMEX Everyday card had the offer. It's a card I don't even use, so I had to dig it out of a drawer for this.

I know some people have had this offer before, but I just got it for the first time today so wanted to let everyone know. I already have my cruise paid off, but will use this offer to prepay for Cheers online. I'd assume that would qualify.

"Details

Get a one-time $75 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $250+ in one or more transactions on a Carnival Cruise booking by 4/15/2016. See terms for exclusions.

Terms

Offer is valid on qualifying bookings made online or via phone through Carnival or your Travel Professional. Spend on board not included. Excludes transfers/transportation to the ship. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Excludes gift card purchases. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Only US-issued American Express® Cards are eligible for this offer. Limit 1 statement credit per American Express Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/15/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer."

Thanks for the info.

It sounds like you are looking in the right place. It seems that Co-Branded AE cards don't have the offer. My Delta AE didn't have the offer.

I have 3 AmEx cards (Everyday, Blue Cash Everyday, and Gold), and only the Everyday had the offer on it.

The offer only works on bookings or payments that go to Carnival directly, I had used it to make final payment.

Nothing purchased at Carnival gift cards, Bon Voyage works.

Does it work if you pay toward final through a TA with the charge saying Carnival?. The charge showed up but no credit yet, does the credit post right away?

Does it work if you pay toward final through a TA with the charge saying Carnival?. The charge showed up but no credit yet, does the credit post right away?

That should be fine. You should receive an email immediately when the offer is redeemed. Then it will post to your account in a few days.

I had two different AMEX offers; one for NCL and one for Carnival.

NCL was through a TA

Carnival was direct.

Both played out exactly the same way. Immediate email confirmation and posted to my account within 3 days.

It did for my sister. She is booked through a TA, made a payment, got the email. No problems.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

That should be fine. You should receive an email immediately when the offer is redeemed. Then it will post to your account in a few days.

I had two different AMEX offers; one for NCL and one for Carnival.

NCL was through a TA

Carnival was direct.

Both played out exactly the same way. Immediate email confirmation and posted to my account within 3 days.

Thanks. My payment posted yesterday but I didn't get an email that the offer was redeemed from amex, will give it a couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Anyone get this offer on their AMEX Everyday card? My statement credit went through today [emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So glad it came through. We had it on my Amex PRG, my daughters and husbands AU card on same account, my DH business PRG and my Blue Cash Preferred. No luck on the SPG or Hilton though.

I wanted to add another data point. I have the Blue Cash Preferred, and had the Carnival offer. I paid my remaining balance due online, on a May cruise I booked directly through Carnival. I paid that on March 7, received the email within a few minutes, and the credit posted to my account on March 9.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal!

So glad it came through. We had it on my Amex PRG, my daughters and husbands AU card on same account, my DH business PRG and my Blue Cash Preferred. No luck on the SPG or Hilton though.

Wow, very nice! Wish I had multiple Amex! My dad got it on his 2 but I'm not positive which cards they are and I got it on my blue. Thinking of signing hubby up for the everyday.