Horrible experience on the splendor

adweenal

If they knew major renovations were being done all night long, perhaps consider not opening the cabins to guests? They had friends stay 4 cabins down, and the noise was minimal.

I totally agree with that. There's no way in the world CCL did not know that the repairs would bleed loud noise to the cabins sharing walls or floors with the work area. To me it's a total disregard for passengers.

Ya, ya, I know there are a lot of you who think it's ok that Carnival crews worked all night thus the noise kept the passengers from sleeping ... but after a bad experience with RCCL early on in our cruising past we learned our lesson and now always book cabins with cabins above and below to lessen the chances of sleep deprivation. ;)

I'm wondering how exaggerated this noise was. Many people blow things up on this site for sympathy from everyone.

We do not know the full story

If someone is looking for sympathy the CC Carnival Board should be the last place to look for it!:D

I am writing on behalf of family members who had a HORRIBLE time on the splendor.

they were on deck 6 just above the theatre.

The ship is under major construction, including the theatre. There was drilling, banging, crashing, and destruction ALL NIGHT LONG, for all 7 nights.

They could not sleep at all.

They begged to change cabins, but there were no available.

Carnival offered then 30% off of their cruise fare, but I do not think that is acceptable, they were not able to enjoy their cruise at all.

On top of it all, one person got food poisoning from a veggie burger.

Anyone know how to proceed? These are people who scrimp and save an entire year to go on 1 cruise, and it was such a disaster.

TIA!

Most here will tell you any day on a cruise is better than? Blinded by the drink.

30% is reasonable.... probably more than reasonable. I would be happy with what you got and stop looking to cause more problems. CCL once again proving why they are the best cruise line.

Kinda harsh bro. And Carnival is hardly the best cruise line by any measure. Cheapest yes, best no.

Why is this thread ongoing? Original post February 29, the last time the OP was here was in March;)

I was wondering the same thing myself.

About the Indian grill. The food can be spicy. Also, get the pineapple chutney and put it over ice cream. YUM.