Horrible experience on the splendor

adweenal

from the grill which was out in the sun.

Just off Splendor for 2nd time. The grill is NOT out in the sun on Splendor- it is under part of the deck, and the veggie burgers are grilled "fresh" in front of you, and handed to you. Nothing is left sitting - except some burgers behind the counter in a pan, which are used very quickly. While you can get a "bad" burger, you can also easily pick up a virus on the ship, or even before boarding. Your family member was lucky they did not get quarentined to their cabin!! And if it was "just" a virus, they probably infected 1/2 the ship!!

As far as the noise goes - as someone else stated, I am sure Carnival was getting a headstart on the drydock scheduled for 3/5, as Splendor is getting all new shows and sets. It sucks to have a vacation ruined by noise, and they should never be working during sleep hours, but for the future try not to book over any kind of theatre or showroom due to noise issues. I think 30% is a nice give-back from Carnival. I would still write a letter explaining what happened, just so they can have a record of it.

Edited by pe4all

If 30% isn't good enough, then what amount of compensation are they looking for? They are not getting a free cruise. If it was so bad they should have taken the Carnival guarantee and left the cruise at the first port.

30% sounds reasonable to me. If that bad should have taken the G and left at first port.

If it was so bad they should have taken the Carnival guarantee and left the cruise at the first port.

I was just thinking exactly this. My sleep is very important to me- if I couldn't sleep at all because construction was going on around the clock you better believe I would have been getting off the ship at the first port. Take the 30% because it's probably not going to get any better than that.

Google Carnival executive e-mail. You can send an e-mail to their corporate office. They are very responsive to feedback.

You make a lot of posts about being in contact with the executive office. Why not share that contact information for OP?

I am writing on behalf of family members who had a HORRIBLE time on the splendor.

they were on deck 6 just above the theatre.

The ship is under major construction, including the theatre. There was drilling, banging, crashing, and destruction ALL NIGHT LONG, for all 7 nights.

They could not sleep at all.

They begged to change cabins, but there were no available.

Carnival offered then 30% off of their cruise fare, but I do not think that is acceptable, they were not able to enjoy their cruise at all.

On top of it all, one person got food poisoning from a veggie burger.

Anyone know how to proceed? These are people who scrimp and save an entire year to go on 1 cruise, and it was such a disaster.

TIA!

Op go to elliott.org or elliot.org sorry not at my computer and can't remember the spelling. That had corporate contact information for Carnival.

Also use these emails and include the booking number in the subject line

Icare@carnival.com

Reviews@carnival.com

To all who think that 30% is generous, would you book that cabin if Carnival told you that it would be the recipient of construction noise through out the night every night and would give you a 30% discount for the cabin?

I definitely would. And I would just wear ear plugs.

Then again, I always being ear plugs anyway.

If they knew major renovations were being done all night long, perhaps consider not opening the cabins to guests? They had friends stay 4 cabins down, and the noise was minimal.

Sounds good in theory, but depending on when they decided to do the construction, it could have been to late to block off those rooms especially if the ship was full. So then what? Deny them boarding? I would rather have the room than not be able to get on the ship at all!

To all who think that 30% is generous, would you book that cabin if Carnival told you that it would be the recipient of construction noise through out the night every night and would give you a 30% discount for the cabin?

In a heartbeat

I wouldn't be happy not to have slept due to noise like that. And 30% isn't much either.

I have to agree. Being tired and cranky during the day with lack of sleep is one thing, but if you have kids and they suffered through it as well? I would be highly aggravated. Adults can just have a few drinks and crash at the end of the night in pure drunken slumber. Kids don't have that option. Unless you want to go down to Medical and see if you can get some Benedryl to knock them out. Ear plugs are great, but not everyone brings them. I know I don't, never had a reason to. 30% off say a $4K cruise...that's $1,200. Is that worth it? Maybe...maybe not.

I am writing on behalf of family members who had a HORRIBLE time on the splendor.

they were on deck 6 just above the theatre.

The ship is under major construction, including the theatre. There was drilling, banging, crashing, and destruction ALL NIGHT LONG, for all 7 nights.

They could not sleep at all.

They begged to change cabins, but there were no available.

Carnival offered then 30% off of their cruise fare, but I do not think that is acceptable, they were not able to enjoy their cruise at all.

On top of it all, one person got food poisoning from a veggie burger.

Anyone know how to proceed? These are people who scrimp and save an entire year to go on 1 cruise, and it was such a disaster.

TIA!

Imagine if they were below the theater:eek: People are saying take the 30%, but it sounds like they are now home. Did they or did they not accept the 30%?

My suggestion is learn from you mistake, and next cruise you take, book it with a company that gives you a better product. It is unfortunate that Carnival will not work with you when you have real issues with the product received. It's not part of their business model.

Absolutely not true and op before you take this guys (and his many other names he has here) advise, look at his history. Hates Carnival but loves hanging around here for some strange reason.

I would. 30% is a nice discount in exchange for the noise. I would turn up the TV and wear ear plugs if necessary. I would use that 30% to have a really great time elsewhere during the cruise. :cool:

Yes. If my earplugs can get me through DH snoring they can get me through construction noise....30% off = bonus :D.

Edited by Warm Breezes

If 30% isn't good enough, then what amount of compensation are they looking for? They are not getting a free cruise. If it was so bad they should have taken the Carnival guarantee and left the cruise at the first port.

I believe, In order to be eligible for the guarantee they must have had reported the problem within 24hours from sailing off.

My suggestion is learn from you mistake, and next cruise you take, book it with a company that gives you a better product. It is unfortunate that Carnival will not work with you when you have real issues with the product received. It's not part of their business model.

Ahhh look, the broken record is playing again :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I believe, In order to be eligible for the guarantee they must have had reported the problem within 24hours from sailing off.

That's good to know. In this case they may not have known how bad it was going to be until after the 24 hours.