Horrible experience on the splendor

adweenal

30% is actually quite generous. They should accept it and try again, hopefully they will have a wonderful time.

If you feel there is more to be done, I can only suggest you contact corporate offices. Only they can do anything about it....certainly not CC members.

I may be wrong but I think they were looking for instructions on what to do NOT solutions from any CC members. A little understanding of their unfortunate experience might have been more helpful. Just sayin"

If they knew major renovations were being done all night long, perhaps consider not opening the cabins to guests? They had friends stay 4 cabins down, and the noise was minimal.

I agree 100%. They KNOW this type of work is going to effect certain cabins but continue to sell them, sometimes thousands of dollars, to unsuspecting passengers that are unfamiliar on how to pick a cabin. They know people are going to be bothered by it ESPECIALLY at night. I would be piss.d.

For some reason I was thinking that a veggie burger wouldn't have a patty on it. But apparently they do.

Bacteria can grow anywhere under the right (or wrong) conditions. Did you think only meat products are effected? No patties on veggie burgers.

Absolutely not true and op before you take this guys (and his many other names he has here) advise' date=' look at his history. Hates Carnival but loves hanging around here for some strange reason.[/quote']

When you book a hotel on the hotel's webpage, they will tell you the hotel is under construction and give you the choice. Carnival knew they were going to be under construction, and allowed rooms to be booked in a construction zone. So how do you explain that it's OK? First hand experience has taught me, and I hope the OP, learns also as well as others. I'm just agreeing with the thread that Carnival does very little.

Absolutely not true and op before you take this guys (and his many other names he has here) advise' date=' look at his history. Hates Carnival but loves hanging around here for some strange reason.[/quote']

Go figure, I can think of many reasons, but why waste the time and effort.

I am writing on behalf of family members who had a HORRIBLE time on the splendor.

they were on deck 6 just above the theatre.

The ship is under major construction, including the theatre. There was drilling, banging, crashing, and destruction ALL NIGHT LONG, for all 7 nights.

They could not sleep at all.

They begged to change cabins, but there were no available.

Carnival offered then 30% off of their cruise fare, but I do not think that is acceptable, they were not able to enjoy their cruise at all.

On top of it all, one person got food poisoning from a veggie burger.

Anyone know how to proceed? These are people who scrimp and save an entire year to go on 1 cruise, and it was such a disaster.

TIA!

Was the theatre closed for the week since it was under major construction?

When you book a hotel on the hotel's webpage, they will tell you the hotel is under construction and give you the choice. Carnival knew they were going to be under construction, and allowed rooms to be booked in a construction zone. So how do you explain that it's OK? First hand experience has taught me, and I hope the OP, learns also as well as others. I'm just agreeing with the thread that Carnival does very little.

Sure you are, still waiting BTW

No kidding. I'd also definitely take the 30% ahead of time to book that room.

I think she was saying that she doesn't think the 30% off is a good deal but I could be wrong. I myself would also be happy to have the 30% credit. Up front or later. It's all good to me. I'll sleep during the day if I have to!

To all who think that 30% is generous, would you book that cabin if Carnival told you that it would be the recipient of construction noise through out the night every night and would give you a 30% discount for the cabin?

Yes. And bring lots of earplugs. I'm not kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could also be a cheapo Guarantee cabin which means they gave Carnival the full right to put them anywhere on the ship.

Yes... You don't really care where the cabin is when you order.

Your on the ship and in love with the price

Then, BOOM- Your under the theatre.

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

First, I didn't read all 4 pages of responses so this might have been covered already. How do you know it was the burger that made you sick? Food poisoning generally takes between 24 to 48 hours to become asymptomatic. Some bacteria can even be longer. Generally if could have been something they ate before leaving. Did they talk to anyone else who had a veggie burger? If they were bad someone else got sick. Don't be so quick to blame the burger or carnival on that account.

Could also be a cheapo Guarantee cabin which means they gave Carnival the full right to put them anywhere on the ship.

Could be. But that doesn't mean they should sell rooms in areas with construction going on. An undesirable location is mutually exclusive from extraneous noise

Here are some comments:

1) They were travelling in a group

2) I am pretty sure they had no clue about the guarantee (they are in the 60's and don't spend time in CC)

3) They booked with an agent who placed them in this room, telling them it was a great location

4) the noise was VERY LOUD. they called many times every night (12:30, 2:30, 4:30), tried ear plugs, and the tv...

5) why in god name should they sleep on a "comfy sofa" when they spent their entire year allowance on a cruise for a private room where they could get a great night sleep? whoever wrote that - do you ever listen to yourself talk? who says "im going to go to a hotel, but there will be construction and it will disturb me all night, so I will go sleep in the lobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

6) it was their second time on the splendor, first time was magnificent, hence why they booked again

7) if they would have KNOWN in advance about the noise, it would have been their choice to go or not - (getting a discount on the room). Knowing them, they would have NOT gone. The wife is a very light sleeper.

regarding the veggie burger, the wife is pretty sure it came from there. she was sick for 8 hours, and then she was better, so she does not think it was a gastro bug

I am quite shocked that this thread made it to 4 pages! The person who wrote that hotels / all inclusive will mention construction is going on - you hit the nail on the head. I was once going to book an AI, and then we found out from their webpage that the pool was closed. It is access too information.

Here are some comments:

1) They were travelling in a group

2) I am pretty sure they had no clue about the guarantee (they are in the 60's and don't spend time in CC)

3) They booked with an agent who placed them in this room, telling them it was a great location

4) the noise was VERY LOUD. they called many times every night (12:30, 2:30, 4:30), tried ear plugs, and the tv...

5) why in god name should they sleep on a "comfy sofa" when they spent their entire year allowance on a cruise for a private room where they could get a great night sleep? whoever wrote that - do you ever listen to yourself talk? who says "im going to go to a hotel, but there will be construction and it will disturb me all night, so I will go sleep in the lobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

6) it was their second time on the splendor, first time was magnificent, hence why they booked again

7) if they would have KNOWN in advance about the noise, it would have been their choice to go or not - (getting a discount on the room). Knowing them, they would have NOT gone. The wife is a very light sleeper.

regarding the veggie burger, the wife is pretty sure it came from there. she was sick for 8 hours, and then she was better, so she does not think it was a gastro bug

I am quite shocked that this thread made it to 4 pages! The person who wrote that hotels / all inclusive will mention construction is going on - you hit the nail on the head. I was once going to book an AI, and then we found out from their webpage that the pool was closed. It is access too information.

Great reply. There are a lot of nasty people on here. Just ignore them.

Sounds like the TA messed up by putting them above the theatre. It's a shame that they (the TA) wouldn't know better. I learned my lessons and always book direct after researching on my own where I would and would not be happy.

If I were them I would be upset with the TA - for putting them in a poor location or by putting them in a guarantee. And only the TA knows which it was.

While the TA might not have known about the construction, I would never recommend a cabin above or below the theatre. Time for a new TA.

Edited by firemanbobswife