March 5 Connie Gnty assigned yet?

LovetheSea

You'll be surprised how great those cabins are, seriously! We had one for our Silhouette Cruise in October and it was really great. Very close to everything on the ship and the obstruction is really minimal, you barely notice it after the first day in the cabin.

I hope you're right... Anyway, thanks for the encouragement! (Did I mention it's a sky suite? So...not exactly cheap :( You would think suites wouldn't be in those locations. But they are.)

A sky suite and you're not happy. Am really surprised at your reaction to your assignment. Wow! Most people would be thrilled.

If she booked a Balcony GTY - and then got a Sky Suite - totally agree.

But if she booked a Suite GTY, then it is understandable that she may have hoped for a higher level suite, or perhaps better Sky Suite location.

Just to clarify.....latecruisin booked a suite guarantee. This is on an M class where the suites are midship and on deck 6, they are just above the lifeboats. I did the same thing (on the same sailing, so that's how I know) but mine has yet to be assigned and the ship is just about sold out. Daisy Fire got it right.

Just to clarify.....latecruisin booked a suite guarantee. This is on an M class where the suites are midship and on deck 6, they are just above the lifeboats. I did the same thing (on the same sailing, so that's how I know) but mine has yet to be assigned and the ship is just about sold out. Daisy Fire got it right.

Oh, thanks for clarifying. I for some reason assumed it was an S class ship

I just got a call from Celebrity. They will not be able to put us in a balcony cabin. We booked a Balcony GNTY. Weeks ago. They said there has been some "issues" with some of the Balcony cabins on the ship. They had to take them off the list of available cabins. So now there isn't enough balcony cabins. They said they have to put us in an Ocean view cabin. That they will refund us $300.00 and give us a $250.00 on board credit.

I have NEVER had this happen in all my 35 cruises. I am really upset. I don't care about the money. If I wanted a cheaper cabin, I would have booked one. I would rather have the balcony than the money. I realize at this point there is nothing the cruise line can do. But I am REALLY disapointed. :(

I just got a call from Celebrity. They will not be able to put us in a balcony cabin. We booked a Balcony GNTY. Weeks ago. They said there has been some "issues" with some of the Balcony cabins on the ship. They had to take them off the list of available cabins. So now there isn't enough balcony cabins. They said they have to put us in an Ocean view cabin. That they will refund us $300.00 and give us a $250.00 on board credit.

I have NEVER had this happen in all my 35 cruises. I am really upset. I don't care about the money. If I wanted a cheaper cabin, I would have booked one. I would rather have the balcony than the money. I realize at this point there is nothing the cruise line can do. But I am REALLY disapointed. :(

Oh no!! So sorry to hear this. Possibly there will be someone who doesn't show up and they'll be able to move you into a balcony once you get on the ship? I sure understand your disappointment, I would be disappointed too. Odd that they couldn't move you into concierge or higher. That would've made it a little easier to take!

Edited by CathyCruises

I find it very suspicious that they are putting us in the original cabin we booked months ago before we upgraded ourselves to the Balcony GNTY.

I don't know if the whole Cabins with "issues" on ship is the whole truth.

I find it very suspicious that they are putting us in the original cabin we booked months ago before we upgraded ourselves to the Balcony GNTY.

I don't know if the whole Cabins with "issues" on ship is the whole truth.

The whole story is quite odd. I am sorry for your disappointment.

Marie

That's terrible! All the anticipation and now this. I would try to get a commitment from Celebrity to give you priority relocation should there be any no-shows.

I do hope that the cruise is spectacular and that your memories of all the good things are what you will take away.

We got booted once by Princess. Tried to get us to change cruise dates, but with vacations planned months in advance-not an option. Moved us to a lower cat cabin and gave us over $1000 OBC -not sure of exact amount because it was years ago. Really had to agree, as couldn't go at another time. We made the best of it. This does sound strange. I do find that C doesn't pamper their tried and true customers with upgrades too often. They tend to give those to newbies. Can you argue your point and try to get more money back or OBC-even though you say you do not care about the money? You should get abundant compensation for their poor planning. Not a pleasant situation-sorry they are doing this to you.

We fly to Florida tomorrow from Seattle for the cruise. I will post a cruise review when I get back. I am trying to be positive and am looking forward to getting away.

I love your attitude in what is truly a disappointing experience. I would talk to the Hotel Mgr once on board. What you have been given is insufficient.

Now you have me frightened. I am still waiting for my assignment as of today.

TeaBag.. Good luck to you. Be a squeaky wheel and keep checking back with them. I called every day. The gal said a woman from reservations called them and was the one who got their attention that I had not been assigned a cabin yet. That is when they looked into my reservation.

Thanks, TeaBag- you beat me to it! Had I booked a balcony guarantee, I would have been THRILLED with this assignment. I had tried to prepare myself for the worst S2 on the ship, but was still very disappointed that I got exactly that! Not complaining though- we'll still have a great cruise.

I love your attitude in what is truly a disappointing experience. I would talk to the Hotel Mgr once on board. What you have been given is insufficient.

Good advise but let me expand. I am a retired agent.

1) Tomorrow call customer service, explain your disappointment in having a booked balcony and then downgraded to a ocean view. Ask for the "resolutions" department. They handle escalations. Be nice but very disappointed.

2) If not fixed, when you get to the pier discuss the problem with the check-in agent. Be nice but plead you case about how disappointed you are.

3) If not fixed, when you board go to the service desk and ask for the hotel manager and stay nice. Since it is boarding he/she may be very busy. Explain the issue and ask how you might talk to him/her?

Good luck!

What happened to LovetheSea is terrible; I never knew that ships "overbooked" the way airlines do and then had to "bump" people (in this case, down a category) I hope there is a happy ending to this story..(nice upgrade?) TeaBag, keep us posted. I hope you get a great cabin!

TeaBag... I noticed when I printed out my new boarding passes today. They NO LONGER have us listed as a Veranda Gnty. They just show it as an Oceanview, Penthouse deck.

I will try what you suggested. I am always nice :)

TeaBag... I noticed when I printed out my new boarding passes today. They NO LONGER have us listed as a Veranda Gnty. They just show it as an Oceanview, Penthouse deck.

I will try what you suggested. I am always nice :)

But you were listed as Verandah guarantee at one time? This is horrible. I thought a guarantee guaranteed you the least ideal cabin in the guarantee category or else an upgrade to the next category.

The advice the agent gave you was very good. I remember one time we were in a dispute and the guy behind us kept whispering "Don't back down, hold your ground". I have lost count of the times this has worked. And as the agent wisely put it, "be nice" which you are.

We are still showing as W guarantee but I worry. DH says I worry about worrying!:D

I bought the Balcony GNTY in January. Was still that this morning. Until Celebrity called me.

I bet somewhere in the system they forgot to move your reservation away from an OV and have come up with a story.....what every other cabin with a balcony is allocated......

So sorry this has happened, be polite but very very firm, hopefully this will give you the balcony you deserve

I bought the Balcony GNTY in January. Was still that this morning. Until Celebrity called me.

X have obviously messed up. I, too, would be annoyed if I'd rang as often as you have and no one had mentioned the balcony issue until now :eek:. A balcony GTY is exactly that: a minimum guarantee of a balcony stateroom. Could you not escalate this up the system? Do you use FB - most pax appear to obtain better results using that form of social media to vent their issues?

Hoping you get sorted before the cruise commences - have a wonderful time :).