Royal Suite Class program - Roll Out Date?

I work with RFID at work. It shouldn't be that hard. The trick is picking you up and not someone else.

Yeah, and keeping it still in front of the reader. it always amuse and annoy me when I see people waving their rfid card in front of a reader, annoyed that it won't read it..

Hey Kay, what's new on Liberty? Any sneaking into SL?

Gold cards only, but I did walk through after hours a couple nights ago. Actually, the happening place has been the Diamond Lounge both weeks, with very nice pinnacle friends sharing our space!;) Tonight was a special celebration in DL for a couple becoming pinnacle.

New on Liberty are the slides, kids water area, miniature golf, suite lounge and cabins on deck 12. Everything else is pretty much the same. I'm coming back to Port Canaveral! Or Ft Lauderdale.... Cozumel tomorrow, meeting friends on Freedom for a beach day. Should be fun! Today was Belize, didn't get off, yesterday Roatan beach day. I'll be home 8 nights before Brilliance TA!

Gold cards only, but I did walk through after hours a couple nights ago. Actually, the happening place has been the Diamond Lounge both weeks, with very nice pinnacle friends sharing our space!;) Tonight was a special celebration in DL for a couple becoming pinnacle.

New on Liberty are the slides, kids water area, miniature golf, suite lounge and cabins on deck 12. Everything else is pretty much the same. I'm coming back to Port Canaveral! Or Ft Lauderdale.... Cozumel tomorrow, meeting friends on Freedom for a beach day. Should be fun! Today was Belize, didn't get off, yesterday Roatan beach day. I'll be home 8 nights before Brilliance TA!

We'll have one of those Deck 12 balconies on Freedom this August. Any update on Boomerang slide? How is the internet?

We sail on the Anthem in six weeks and emailed them about a cabana on Labadee (we are in a Royal family suite) and about changing my Izumi reservation to one. Couldn't get a reservation for six had to split up and then I couldn't get the same time. They answered saying I will receive an email a week prior to sailing and can put in my requests then. Does anyone thing it is to close to travel

Should I be worried with waiting until then? Not that I have a choice

I am used to Disney where concierge takes your requests up to four months in advance and they take care of everything for you

I worry, too. Many of us here are OCD about our cruise planning - but every response we get from Royal is that the Genies are going to make the magic happen for dining, etc.

I'm keeping my dinner reservations until I hear from though :)

Edited by MattInFLL

We sail on the Anthem in six weeks and emailed them about a cabana on Labadee (we are in a Royal family suite) and about changing my Izumi reservation to one. Couldn't get a reservation for six had to split up and then I couldn't get the same time. They answered saying I will receive an email a week prior to sailing and can put in my requests then. Does anyone thing it is to close to travel

Should I be worried with waiting until then? Not that I have a choice

I am used to Disney where concierge takes your requests up to four months in advance and they take care of everything for you

I am the picture child for OCD, but after my experience on Oasis, I wouldn't worry. We too wanted Izumi and had a group of 8 and wanted a time that was never even offered on the cruise planner. We even called and had emails sent to dining to accommodate. We let concierge know when they emailed us and the day before we set sail I got an email that we were all set. perhaps we just got lucky, but if they could manage my dining requests for 10-14 people (some of whom were not in full suites), then I'd imagine they'll do everything possible to make sure star class is taken care of. But I understand the stress, not sure if ever volunteer to coordinate that many people again!

It might be...

I used it to let them know my dining reservation preferences and to ask about reserving a cabana at labadee. I imagine as they see how guests use these surveys, they will start to alter them to better meet expectations. I think we're all a little more concerned with ensuring our reservations and preferences are met than with whom throughout history we'd like to dine.

Hoping the stranded island question isn't because they plan on leaving us on labadee with our list and want to make sure we have what we wanted :eek:

We haven't heard from our Genie yet. We must have the one that took a little vacay on they way back from Ovation/Germany.

We haven't heard from our Genie yet. We must have the one that took a little vacay on they way back from Ovation/Germany.

What is your email? I can forward you the link. It's not tied to any one person, it's a survey monkey link that they use in the email and you have to fill in your name and sail date.

What is your email? I can forward you the link. It's not tied to any one person, it's a survey monkey link that they use in the email and you have to fill in your name and sail date.

Thank you! I'd like to give it a few more days into next week just in case I'm right on the vacation. Plus, I'll have to create a "burner" email address if I post one.

On another note, one of our Pinnacle friends (who will be on our cruise) recommended Park 'N Go. Looks close and like a good operation. Have you used them?

It looks like we'll save about $40. That's a good bottle of Chardonnay on board. Two or three at a local grocery. :)

For those in Star class, I was pleased to see that Royal automatically refunded the costs of the speciality dining I had booked online for my April 22nd sailing on Ovation to my credit card. And, my reservations were still intact!

Can't wait to hear more about the Genies after guests on the current cruise disembark!

For those in Star class, I was pleased to see that Royal automatically refunded the costs of the speciality dining I had booked online for my April 22nd sailing on Ovation to my credit card. And, my reservations were still intact!

Can't wait to hear more about the Genies after guests on the current cruise disembark!

That's welcome news, thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

Excellent indeed.

We just received a form letter from the concierge last night. It focused mainly on the Suite class perks, nothing Royal Suite Class specific. Not much new except they said suite class don't have to make show reservations, you just show up with your "gold" card at least 20 minutes early. I'm going to write back and see if we're taking up general seating by having reservations. No questionnaire (yet). I'm also going to ask if we should make our dinner reservations now or just wait until we're on board.

We just received a form letter from the concierge last night. It focused mainly on the Suite class perks, nothing Royal Suite Class specific. Not much new except they said suite class don't have to make show reservations, you just show up with your "gold" card at least 20 minutes early. I'm going to write back and see if we're taking up general seating by having reservations. No questionnaire (yet). I'm also going to ask if we should make our dinner reservations now or just wait until we're on board.

You might also want to confirm, if the above in red, is accurate for the Comedy Club.

You might also want to confirm, if the above in red, is accurate for the Comedy Club.

I got the same email as Tom yesterday and it said for all BUT the comedy show. They said if you are having issues reserving the comedy show, to come see them boarding day. I haven't heard anything back from the genie survey we got, but gave concierge my dining reservations and got a response about an hour ago that they were able to book all my requested times/restaurants.

So I think Andrew may be correct in what he said earlier, some of us 'in the know' may be getting things done before the genie even looks at it onboard.