Anthem 3 day. First impressions.

The Grande had Lobster Tails when we went there on our first night, did they offer Lobster Tails in Silk, Chic, and the Icon the first night?

The grande has lobster EVERY night. The others do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I can honestly say that I don't recall hearing about a "glass" stairway! I suppose I could have, and it got lost in between giraffes, Puzzle Rooms, and North Stars. Regardless, I will definitely search this out now!

It's not a glass stairway - simply the landing on deck 14 of that stairwell sticks out over the open area between elevators and the floor has 2x3 ft glass panels so you can see all the way down to deck 5.

Wake up MATT!!!! You will be coming under the Verazano Bridge momentarily. Watching you on the webcam. WELCOME HOME

Likely not possible after his pub crawl yesterday. :D

Here's a screen shot from the NY webcam of her coming in then. We'll be on her soon. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=378991&d=1457352412

Edited by robtulipe

The grande has lobster EVERY night. The others do not.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As far as I kno, on our trip, grande, silk American icon and chic all had the same menu that changed each night. It was for the weekend cruise but not typical obviously, for the regular cruises.

Just home from the 3 nighter. Thought the ship was fabulous.

Someone asked about lobster--it was in all the "included in cruise fare" dining rooms last night and was very good. The 4 included restaurants all featured the same dinner menus during this cruise.

Does anyone know the rccl charge for north star

Pug grandma

There is no charge. However, you should make reservations online ahead of time, or as soon as you board. The standby line is long and there are no guarantees - there were many disappointed people on our sailing who couldn't get on without reservations.

So is it correct that you board by Cabin Category and not necessarily by the time you arrive? If I arrive at 11:00 am and my cabin category is M, then I must wait until everyone else has boarded? Is it even worth it to arrive early?

You would board with "general" after D+ and D - so if your early and they are on - you go with everyone else

That's funny :D my son was violently ill on the Allure. Go figure. My NON professional opinion is that the seas are just very choppy from the storms on the East coast. Who knows? :):)

We were on this cruise as well, and you're right. The bartender in Two 70 told us that she has been cruising for 17 years and cannot wait to transfer to the Harmony because she still gets seasick on the ship. She said the seas are just not as smooth as those to the south.

Just a side note, it was the right side of my TV that pulled out, so that varies based on the cabin configuration! But I did have to ask my room attendant because I was pulling and felt like it would break! He told me to pull harder! I did, and it worked!

If there's only one side that you can fit your fingers behind, that would be the side to pull out on! On mine, there was a metal "frame" on the left side so I couldn't have pulled on it if I wanted to! That made it obvious that I had to tug on the right side! :)

But honestly if you feel like you're going to break it, just ask your room attendant! :)

Since we are on tv's, does anyone know if the tv's have a sleep timer?

Thanks,

Marg

Wake up MATT!!!! You will be coming under the Verazano Bridge momentarily. Watching you on the webcam. WELCOME HOME

LOL I was deep asleep for that one.

I did self-disembark, got off the elevator on 5 at 7:25, and after maybe a 2-3 minute wait was off the ship. Basically never stopped moving after that and was out front waiting for my Black Car pick up by 7:40 (thanks Bob/Clarea for that tip). I was at Newark by 8:25 and switched my flight home to 10:55am.

I had a great cruise. Were there some minor hiccups? Of course. There has never been a 100% perfect cruise. Jamie's charged me a cover when I had pre-paid. Rectified quickly and easily. (Duh, I should have thought of it as I was signing the check but must have been distracted by my singing table neighbors :)). A bunch of people got a wrong message that they had a cash account to settle, me included. I rectified that with a quick trip to the concierge. Bar service can be a bit uneven. But you just need to find your favorites, and I did. Have to say, Bionic Bar does make a good custom drink. And then last night they ran out of bottled water all over the ship, which seemed to ruffle a few feathers. I had bottled water in the cabin if I needed it so it didn't affect me, but I guess I can see if you have a package and want your water, it would be annoying.

Anyway, I still need to post drink menus and some food shots from Wonderland, but I was enjoying it so much, sort of forgot to take more pics.

Random photos.

My towel art, and for some reason two paper room service menus and a reprint of my D+ benefits. I guess they may have put out these menus because they removed all of the usual guest info books due to the deep cleaning ?

37bcd31a472c130bac4d1cc080c78963.jpg

2589b6203956ff1a55d707adf1a6c9c0.jpg

20f8e8005ea20e06517a63adcf75e7ba.jpg

17705d4d95f376ab3823ab0487212fb1.jpg

4df738eadeabe3dbda421711b0990861.jpg

The Beef Terroir and the Pork Belly are sublime. You must use the beef sauce your waiter gives you. The kimchee tempura with the honeydew. Yum. But don't have pics of those or the very tasty Baked Alaska. The key lime lollipops were a little too tart for me though. And don't forget the cottoncanditini :)

Just listen to your waiter. He/she won't let you down.

They will bring you the the entire menu if you want. Or you can tailor it by your food pickiness. But you really should be open minded.

The manzanillo liquid olive

c0317a58f6a1573cb983cf9b6dd89a6a.jpg

The duck liver fried ball, the crab cones, and the beets with siracha yogurt. I know I'm spelling siracha wrong.

ce82187286ff6e63830cd2288098ead7.jpg

The deviled eggs being unveiled.

56f1a1e4d3a6554f1a1fe6d8dbc05c6f.jpg

The "vegetable plate" with the cocoa covered chicken liver balls. Don't make that face. They were great.

6f24be726f2eb409fffb398db95c82c6.jpg

The bars were running out of staples fairly often. I think they miscalculated the consumption of alcohol on a 3 day weekend cruise. Pretty much all the bars except Michaels carry the full spectrum of the usual RCI offerings. Michaels focuses on craft liquor and beers. For instance you could get a maple flavored vodka from Vermont. But not Grey Goose. Also Music Hall cannot make a frozen drink. (Perhaps not to disturb a performance?). 270 was the only bar that served Titos. Things like that.

270 menu:

01268492345d97e6a09335b63e3cde13.jpg

c7061d79e2875168aa8cca275bbbec7f.jpg

d07d91828f048f17066bc02d669d43a7.jpg

4e7e9362fb8e5bceebe6b6c0ae29822d.jpg

42e597433180d441c7d4de53b8087152.jpg

THANKS so much for your wonderful pictures and and reviews and most of all your time. I sailed on the Quantum for the 4 day sampler and will BE sailing on the Anthem MARCH 27 , but I must say after your pictures and reviews i just can't wait. THANK YOU AGAIN.

Great Review, Matt! We were on the same cruise and were so busy we had no time to post anything fun. Ate at the same 3 places you did, and agree about Wonderland- it was fabulous. Also loved Micahel's for lunch, and the Bionic bar makes a mean cocktail. I too hate heights, but thoroughly enjoyed Northstar- even saw a whole bunch of Dolphins frolicking around from way up top. The shows were very entertaining, and Stephen on guitar in Michael's was excellent. The lounges without the snacks were not The same- few people were hanging out socializing with each other, which we missed as we tend to like meeting other cruisers in those venues. Some P members actually were "scolded" for bringing their own appys into the Suite lounge!

Did anyone else notice the aft elevator that would drop you off at the floor it wanted to, not the one you actually pressed? It would stop a floor above or below the one you pressed, then if you pressed the floor you actually wanted, it would light up initially and go right off. We found it amusing by the end, and would just get off and walk to the floor we wanted. It was the floor with some sort of bird in it- we called it the dodo bird elevator.