Anthem 3 day. First impressions.

That was probably just the perspective of the camera. Cape Liberty is about 2 miles south of Statue of Liberty and the ship goes south of Cape Liberty to go to/from the sea, so unless the Captain has a special reason to go out of the way, it would not normally go past there. You can get a decent view from 2 miles away when the ship is pulling out of the port, but again, it does not normally go past it. On special occasions (like during the maiden Quantum sailing) the ship can make a point to go further up the river toward Manhattan and go past the Statue. It's a busy shipping channel, it burns extra fuel and adds at least 45 min to the trip so they wouldn't' do that on every sailing.

This is what Captain Ban did with Quantum, but he had to get special permission to do so.

Yes, Abe (the cruise director) emphasized that everyone should go on Facebook, Instagram etc and "share our wonderful Anthem experience". Good for PR right now I suppose.

Edited by MattInFLL

We liked Anthem....we went twice! We had a taster 3 nighter post-inaugural for our wedding Anniversary then booked a 13 night canaries cruise! Captain Klaus always made his announcement at midday. Food was great. Entertainment - we saw Brian May and his wife boarding in Southampton so he could give his approval to the 'We will Rock You' show which was amazing. The Music Hall was our favourite evening venue....the band were fab. 3 days??? Not enough! Thats why we went back for more!! You're bringing it all back!!!

We have a Harmony taster booked so you know what's gonna happen next.....

Thank you so much for your live review on the Anthem of the Seas. WE will also be sailing in a JS on Monday but will be in a regular one. I am looking forward to the larger balcony. Please keep the pics coming -- I feel like we are already on her. Thanks again!

Actually, the TV does pull out. Pull harder ;)

Gigi's scarf is a bandaid, damage from 'the storm'.

Glad you're having a great cruise!

Lol yes I know her scarf is a bandaid - I was on the cruise that hit "the storm" and have many pictures of the hole in her neck!

But I still like today it's an infinity scarf! ;) Always seeing the bright side!

Actually, the TV does pull out. Pull harder ;)

Gigi's scarf is a bandaid, damage from 'the storm'.

Glad you're having a great cruise!

Thank you for telling Matt this. I meant to earlier, but lost track in his beautiful pictures. :)

We solved the puzzle with about 3-4 minutes to spare. It's definitely a brain teaser and requires group coordination. It's a good diversion. Our leader says about 70% fail.

Either YOUR leader lied to you, or OUR leader lied to us. ;)

I saw your picture! Your group included several people whom I know! :)

For a ship that I really didn't have much interest in the pictures have me intrigued.

I thought the reason for going to Halifax was that cruises to nowhere were no longer allowed and they had to pull in at a foreign port? How is RCI getting around that with this cruise?:confused: I would have thought that they might have tried to get Bermuda to accept an incoming ship.

For a ship that I really didn't have much interest in the pictures have me intrigued.

I thought the reason for going to Halifax was that cruises to nowhere were no longer allowed and they had to pull in at a foreign port? How is RCI getting around that with this cruise?:confused: I would have thought that they might have tried to get Bermuda to accept an incoming ship.

OB there is a big storm in Halifax so they diverted. Earlier in the thread it was explained that due to reasons such as poor weather a CTN can be allowed without a fine. Others much more knowledge answered the question earlier in the thread, I just give to the general answer. Below is a link about the storm in Halifax.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/winter-storm-hitting-nova-scotia-1.3477515

Edited by A&L_Ont

OB there is a big storm in Halifax so they diverted. Earlier in the thread it was explained that due to reasons such as poor weather a CTN can be allowed without a fine. Others much more knowledge answered the question earlier in the thread, I just give to the general answer. Below is a link about the storm in Halifax.

I guess that is want I get for paying more attention to the pictures than what was written in other posts.:o

I tried to move the TV again. I was about to rip it off the wall I think. It really did not move. Maybe it's different in different cabins? I looked and felt around all the edges and could find no connections.

Have to say WOW band is not wowing me. It often did not even work to open my door. And I had to pull out my card anyway. So I took it off.

We are making our turn back north now.

Tip: be early to the shows. I had a 7 pm reservation for Spectras and got here at 6:46 just as they let in the huge no reservation line.

Minor irritation : you can only view your photos digitally and they put so many watermarks on them to keep you from taking pictures of their pictures that you can't even really tell if it's good or not.

If you want prints they are ready the next day.