Recent photos of empress of the seas in dry dock

Has anyone seen this apparently breaking news... She ain't going to be empress of the seas for long. Soon to be Cuban empress [emoji50]

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2016/04/articles/caribbean-islands/royal-caribbean-to-homeport-empress-of-the-seas-in-havana/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

o.k., I get it! This article is an April Fool's joke

Sadly, many will take it seriously.

I wanted you guys to confirm what was on my mind I've just sent it rc blog see matts reaction [emoji23]

Pilot is on their way to Cuban empress as we speak shouldn't be too long now.

Edited by monarch142

Has anyone seen this apparently breaking news... She ain't going to be empress of the seas for long. Soon to be Cuban empress [emoji50]

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2016/04/articles/caribbean-islands/royal-caribbean-to-homeport-empress-of-the-seas-in-havana/

I'm not a fan of the Ambulance Chaser of the Seas, but that was pretty good! :D;):cool:

Jim Walker really letting his anti-Royal feelings shine brightly in that thinly veiled, cruise-hate, April Fools article...

You couldn't pay me to click on one of his links. :mad:

Search adonia ship webcam it pans straight to where empress will appear soon enough

Perhaps soon we will have more of an 'insider' peek at what they could not finish on time for her original sailings.

It does appear a tug has appeared in front of adonia I hope their not considering moving her she's in the perfect spot for empress to arrive [emoji47]

Perhaps I am not viewing the correct site, even though I did the search that was suggested. I see a fairly empty view of what looks like a spot a ship should dock at.

Perhaps I am not viewing the correct site, even though I did the search that was suggested. I see a fairly empty view of what looks like a spot a ship should dock at.

I haven't looked at that camera in a hour or so, but it is just a bow cam, and the ship could have swung at anchor to face a different direction. The only cameras you will get will be when a cruise ship is in port and pointed the right way. Given that RCI is part owner of the yard, it will most likely be even more restricted for crew to post photos or comments to social media.

The one important detail will be whether she goes to a drydock or wet berth. It seems she may have just picked up a pilot.

Jim Walker really letting his anti-Royal feelings shine brightly in that thinly veiled, cruise-hate, April Fools article...
I'm not a fan of the Ambulance Chaser of the Seas, but that was pretty good! :D;):cool:
Frankly it is the least "cruise-hate" article Walker has ever posted and yes he is

"the Ambulance Chaser of the Seas" (very clever) but yes it was pretty good .

I haven't looked at that camera in a hour or so, but it is just a bow cam, and the ship could have swung at anchor to face a different direction. The only cameras you will get will be when a cruise ship is in port and pointed the right way. Given that RCI is part owner of the yard, it will most likely be even more restricted for crew to post photos or comments to social media.

The one important detail will be whether she goes to a drydock or wet berth. It seems she may have just picked up a pilot.

A crew member onboard posted today on facebook "in Freeport for a wetdock"

Got to love cruise ship cameras with their resolution of a rotten Potato :)

Still a fun way to pass some time, thanks again Monarch for the heads up.

[emoji106]🏻

As I remember, the poster was Amy. She and her husband were from England. He would be under contract for various dry docks in various locations. I think the drydock with the pictures was from a Voyager class, maybe Mariner.

Hey, it's me! :D I tend to lurk more these days rather than post, but I'm still around :p

I'm still here, Dave is still busily working on various ships, but no more pictures these days.

He's just leaving Freeport again on the Carnival Triumph and saw the Empress of the Seas arriving earlier today :)

Hey, it's me! :D I tend to lurk more these days rather than post, but I'm still around :p

I'm still here, Dave is still busily working on various ships, but no more pictures these days.

He's just leaving Freeport again on the Carnival Triumph and saw the Empress of the Seas arriving earlier today :)

Good to hear from you again!

Before rumour mill goes crazy, nobody got fired... I was asked politely to refrain from enabling pictures to appear on here, due to the scale and nature of those seeing them. I was never particularly thoughtful about what I took pictures of, and they prefer a 'nicer' portrayal of their ships I guess.

I was always playing the better to ask forgiveness than permission angle, so when asked to stop I obliged. Seemed a good idea once known for the pictures to disappear incase it did ever escalate above the person that approached me. So it was requested they were removed from here by me, and I appreciate that admin obliged. We had a good run, but nothing lasts forever... Smiling that someone else has taken up the role I played though, enjoy them while they are available, and don't worry too much about how they end up here!