Staggered check in at what ports?

TerReuv

Another side benefit for staggered check in fleetwide might be that unless a would be terrorist has a boarding pass, he/they won't get inside a terminal with a bomb packed in a suitcase, like they did in Brussels. Curbside check point, consider it in this light of additional layered security.

They always checked our boarding passes before letting us in the terminal before anyway. I shudder to think of any scenario like this but where there's a will, there's a way. I imagine a boarding pass wouldn't be that hard to make on a computer. The only way to make sure actual ticketed passengers are entering would be to scan the barcodes at the entrance. Even then, nothing is guaranteed.

• 2 months later...

This is all that the faq has to say on the Carnival site: Staggered Check-In has been rolled out to all vessels sailing from Galveston, Honolulu, Miami, New Orleans and Norfolk. Nothing is mentioned about if and when they will add other ports for now.

I am subscribing to this thread so hopefully I will get a heads up for Port Everglades (Conquest) in December and SJU in June (Fascination).

***Please*** anyone if you hear either of these ports go staggered, post, so I will get a notification. I am too lazy to get onto my Carnival account daily. :rolleyes: Thank you!

You have to be paid in full in order to select a check in time, is this correct?

Unless things have changed recently the answer is No. We were on the Magic in March and we signed up for our check in time before we had paid for the cruise is full. Just go to the check in area and choose your time.

I can't find where it says to pick a time. I tried to view and print boarding pass and it says I need to be paid in full to do so. We are on the Vista in December out of Miami. Where do I select a time?

I can't find where it says to pick a time. I tried to view and print boarding pass and it says I need to be paid in full to do so. We are on the Vista in December out of Miami. Where do I select a time?

The Vista is not yet set up for staggered check in. Keep checking. It will be added closer to when she is scheduled to arrive in Miami. None of the Vista sailings out of Miami are set up for staggered check-in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Vista is not yet set up for staggered check in. Keep checking. It will be added closer to when she is scheduled to arrive in Miami. None of the Vista sailings out of Miami are set up for staggered check-in.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thank you....had me worried for a sec that I would be last one on the ship!

Unless things have changed recently the answer is No. We were on the Magic in March and we signed up for our check in time before we had paid for the cruise is full. Just go to the check in area and choose your time.

I didn't think Port Canaveral had staggered check in in March? I didn't think it had started yet for that port.

We don't sail until next year, but I would assume that when that port starts doing it, it will be available for all cruises booked. Does anyone know if that is how it happens or does it open up a set amount of time before cruise time?

I didn't think Port Canaveral had staggered check in in March? I didn't think it had started yet for that port.

We don't sail until next year, but I would assume that when that port starts doing it, it will be available for all cruises booked. Does anyone know if that is how it happens or does it open up a set amount of time before cruise time?

I don't know about Port Canaveral but in March the Magic was still in Galveston and that was the first port that had the staggered check in.

I did online check in yesterday for our September cruise out of Charleston. My passes say check in 12:30 - 2:30. No choice was given. I like that time slot.

Galveston is strict on the entry times into the terminal , You have to go thru 3 to 4 people ,all who want to see your check in time on your paperwork . They do turn people away that try to board early. In Galveston there is no where to sit outside the terminal . I have not been to other ports since staggered boarding has started

• 1 year later...
Seattle is not one of the ports with staggered check in right? I looked over my booking and didn't see anything however I have a bit less than 2 years lol
All Carnival ports have staggered check-in now. Yes, I think you are looking for it a wee bit too early. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk