New to forum, and cruising.

oldsailor104

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and as I said in my title "new to cruising" my wife and I are all booked on the April 9th cruise from Sydney to Honolulu, looking forward to it very much.

I'm hoping to learn much from your experiences & knowledge.

cheers

I've already asked this elsewhere but you may be able to cast some light on it as well... I use a CPAP machine, and was wondering how I plug it in as there are no power points by the bedside (apparently) so do I bring an extension lead or what ?

cheers

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and as I said in my title "new to cruising" my wife and I are all booked on the April 9th cruise from Sydney to Honolulu, looking forward to it very much.

cheers

You might also want to visit you cruise's "roll call". It is a CC forum where you can meet and interact with folks who are also on your cruise. It will be a great resource.

Contact Celebrity ahead of your cruise to let them know about the CPAP machine. They will provide you with an extension cord and distilled water. We have done this three times and they have accommodated us each time. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Contact Celebrity ahead of your cruise to let them know about the CPAP machine. They will provide you with an extension cord and distilled water. We have done this three times and they have accommodated us each time. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

Correct and here is the phone number for special needs dept. 1-866-592-7225.

As others have said you can check your roll call for your cruise, these are the people who are on the cruise with you. Cruise Critic also has boards for the various ports of call.

I'm doubtful that the toll-free number used in the US will also work for the OP, but I suspect that there is a similar number in Australia. If not, just call the general Celebrity phone number there and ask for the Special Needs department. Many people travel with CPAP machines, so they will be very familiar with your request.

We met a couple who used extension cords to bring power bedside and they also brought duct tape to prevent the cords from being a trip hazard. I don't know if Celebrity would provide that or not.

I'm doubtful that the toll-free number used in the US will also work for the OP, but I suspect that there is a similar number in Australia. If not, just call the general Celebrity phone number there and ask for the Special Needs department. Many people travel with CPAP machines, so they will be very familiar with your request.

Maybe it's a good precaution to make your request before the cruise but I never did and always obtained the cord and a gallon of distilled water from the room attendant without problem on embarkation day.

We met a couple who used extension cords to bring power bedside and they also brought duct tape to prevent the cords from being a trip hazard. I don't know if Celebrity would provide that or not.

Extension cords are a prohibited item to bring on board.

No...not allowed. Call special needs if you need an extension cord.

Extension cords are a prohibited item to bring on board.

really ?

we have taken them on our last 6 cruises - no issues . They do not have surge protectors which I would understand Cel. Engineers having issues with.

packed them in both hold and carry on.

Hi everyone,

cheers

Hi!

You are very velcome to our active Roll Call ! Meet us here! :) 9 April Solstice Roll Call

Edited by sollan

really ?

we have taken them on our last 6 cruises - no issues . They do not have surge protectors which I would understand Cel. Engineers having issues with.

packed them in both hold and carry on.

From the website:

For the safety of our guests and crew, there are certain items that are not allowed on board. If these are found, they will be confiscated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned. Prohibited items are at the discretion of the Chief Security Officer and the Staff Captain and include, but are not limited to:

• Firearms and ammunition, including realistic replicas

• Sharp objects, including knives and scissors*

• Illegal drugs and substances

• Candles and incense

• Coffee makers, clothes irons, and hot plates

• Electrical extension cords

• Baseball bats, hockey sticks, cricket bats, bows, and arrows

• Skateboards and surfboards

• Martial-arts gear

• Self-defense, including handcuffs, pepper spray, and night sticks

• Flammable liquids, including lighter fluid

• Explosives, including fireworks

• Ham radios

• Dangerous chemicals, including bleach and paint

• Alcoholic beverages**

I suspect that the key phrase is that "Prohibited items are at the discretion of the Chief Security Officer and the Staff Captain..."

There are many post by people who have brought extension cords on board without difficulty. With the number of passengers (all?) bringing multiple electrical devices that require recharging, extension cords and power bars are probably in far greater demand that the ship can supply.

As Ladesign points out, surge protectors do pose a problem, but extension cords without surge protectors that are in good condition may well be allowed on at the discretion of the ship's officers, given the high demand. I certainly wouldn't take it as a given, and anyone with a medical requirement should definitely arrange for a ship's extension cord.

The application of discretion works both ways, of course, and items that don't appear on the list can be refused. X confirmed yesterday that drones are not allowed onboard, but they don't appear on the list of prohibited items.