Cheers reviews

lele100

YES! You DO get the 25% off. That is why that feature is there. You DO NOT get the whole bottle on Cheers! unless you purchase it but there are quite a few really good wines by the glass. I was specifically looking at purchasing the Cruise The Vineyard's Program at that time but the agent told me "or you can get the 25% off individual bottles". This is my plan. That is a lot of liquor. It comes out about the same price wise per bottle.

Dawn

YES! You DO get the 25% off. That is why that feature is there. You DO NOT get the whole bottle on Cheers! unless you purchase it but there are quite a few really good wines by the glass. I was specifically looking at purchasing the Cruise The Vineyard's Program at that time but the agent told me "or you can get the 25% off individual bottles". This is my plan. That is a lot of liquor. It comes out about the same price wise per bottle.

Dawn

Ok, I just re-read it and you are correct. I thought you got the bottle under $50...From what I have seen, there are some very good wines, and we like our wine, so I think this still works...Thanks all for the clarification!

ok so I've been going nuts over all the post trying to find out about the New ! enhanced CHEERS! beverage program This will be my 3rd time getting the Cheers package but first time with the enhanced program

ok please don't post Carnival's site info been there done that. all I want to know is what coffees are included. Can I get a cappuccino or espresso breakfast or any time of the day from the coffee bar or from the sea day brunch. do coffee drinks from the coffee stand count toward your drink package

and what about alcoholic related coffee drinks, I'm sure any drinks with alcohol "Will" count against my drink package but can I get drinks like a Irish coffee with Jamison whiskey or spiked cappuccinos

ok so I've been going nuts over all the post trying to find out about the New ! enhanced CHEERS! beverage program This will be my 3rd time getting the Cheers package but first time with the enhanced program

ok please don't post Carnival's site info been there done that. all I want to know is what coffees are included. Can I get a cappuccino or espresso breakfast or any time of the day from the coffee bar or from the sea day brunch. do coffee drinks from the coffee stand count toward your drink package

and what about alcoholic related coffee drinks, I'm sure any drinks with alcohol "Will" count against my drink package but can I get drinks like a Irish coffee with Jamison whiskey or spiked cappuccinos

I wondered about that as well.

Yes, you can get any specialty coffee you would like any time of day from anywhere that they are served and they are all included in the Cheers program. They do not count against your 15 drink limit UNLESS you have them spiked.

Edited by Schoifmom

• 3 weeks later...

two questions : with respect to the cheers program:

1) has anyone found the holy grail of the 50$ drink? or even close to it?

2) the wine by the class list is fairly limited. Is there a wine bar on board the Glory that has a more extensive wine by the glass list.

Edited by charlie murphy
clearification

two questions : with respect to the cheers program:

1) has anyone found the holy grail of the 50$ drink? or even close to it?

2) the wine by the class list is fairly limited. Is there a wine bar on board the Glory that has a more extensive wine by the glass list.

I couldn't give you the name but some of the steak houses feature cognacs and brandies that are up near that range.

The wine list in the MDR and steak house have a much larger selection than you generally find at the smaller venues.

The only ship I know that has a wine bar is the Splendor.

Breeze, Sunshine, and Vista have wine in the library.

thanks book bug ,

can you go to the steak house for just a glass of wine. or do you have to have an entire meal? my wife is more of a wine girl and I want her to enjoy the wines that are part of the cheers program. I hope not to buy additional bottles of wine ( even at 25% off) thanks to any and all in advance.

thanks book bug ,

can you go to the steak house for just a glass of wine. or do you have to have an entire meal? my wife is more of a wine girl and I want her to enjoy the wines that are part of the cheers program. I hope not to buy additional bottles of wine ( even at 25% off) thanks to any and all in advance.

I've gone to the steakhouse bar on every cruise just to get a drink. I've always told the hostess that I just wanted a drink at the bar and it was never a problem.

Does anyone know if the coconut water is included in the cheers program?

TIA!

Yes it is.

From Carnivals FAQ on Cheers:

RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Teas.

In all reality it's the same, they've added about 6/7 other drinks. Rules are the same as from the beginning. Just got off the Glory 2 weeks ago. Just prepaid for our cheers card for next month. [emoji41]

• 10 months later...
Thank you Pops and Rod. It's sad when a Carnival rep gives you wrong information. He also told me that there is a water fountain, which is the only other option for beverages other than the bar and meals.

I'm thankful for this forum so that I can get the right answer. The Cheers program really seemed to lose it's value if the diet cokes I need (instead of coffee) in the morning all count toward the 15 count.

"Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks." Very exciting that I can get a water with every drink :) Also, I like very weak drinks. A full diet coke and a little shot of whiskey. I want to have a good time and stay up all night! Not blackout.

So can I order a margarita and tell them I want it made with Patron with the cheers package?

Yes, you can! We sailed on the Valor this past December, with the new Cheers package. It was MORE than worth it for us. It was nice having specialty coffees and unlimited sodas for hydration. I love club soda, and I know I can bring the cans on board, but now don't have to lug them onto the ship. I upgraded all of my vodka drinks to either Grey Goose or Ketel 1. It was MORE than worth it for me to have a nicer vodka. The wines with dinner were standard wine selections, and I found the prices comparable to what I would have paid at a restaurant on land. It was nice not worrying about the prices. I hope this helps.

Yes, you can! We sailed on the Valor this past December, with the new Cheers package. It was MORE than worth it for us. It was nice having specialty coffees and unlimited sodas for hydration. I love club soda, and I know I can bring the cans on board, but now don't have to lug them onto the ship. I upgraded all of my vodka drinks to either Grey Goose or Ketel 1. It was MORE than worth it for me to have a nicer vodka. The wines with dinner were standard wine selections, and I found the prices comparable to what I would have paid at a restaurant on land. It was nice not worrying about the prices. I hope this helps.

you are replying to a year old thread and I don't think the person needs the info anymore...

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered, but there are a lot of pages to this thread, LOL! I am wondering how big a glass of wine is, particularly read. I haven't seen anywhere that it says how many ounces a glass is. Thanks!

Forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered, but there are a lot of pages to this thread, LOL! I am wondering how big a glass of wine is, particularly read. I haven't seen anywhere that it says how many ounces a glass is. Thanks!

I would estimate they are between 6-8 oz (which I think is supposed to be fairly standard) so if you are like my wife much smaller than you pour at home lol... :D

I would estimate they are between 6-8 oz (which I think is supposed to be fairly standard) so if you are like my wife much smaller than you pour at home lol... :D

:'):'):'):')

(And that should have said RED in my original question)