Cheers reviews

lele100

Whenever I have gotten a Corona it has been in a bottle- but in an aluminum bottle, not glass.

I think that's impossible. Corona uses only glass bottles. The poster was correct. Beers like Corona, Bass, and Grolsch are in glass containers, but if you get them at a Lido deck bar, they will be poured into the unbreakable cups.

I'm wondering if a Double crown and coke would be considered one or two drinks? I ask because that is why we never ordered the Cheers program because only the single shot of Crown was allowed and my DH always drinks doubles. If so, would people start ordering doubles or triples thinking these to be under the $50?

I think that's impossible. Corona uses only glass bottles. The poster was correct. Beers like Corona, Bass, and Grolsch are in glass containers, but if you get them at a Lido deck bar, they will be poured into the unbreakable cups.

Not true: Although I don't know if they are used on Carnival ships, Corona does indeed come in aluminum bottles:

s-l300.jpg

945_004.jpg

as well as cans:

Constellation-s-can-do-attitude-Brewer-eyes-Corona-Extra-growth.jpg

I'm wondering if a Double crown and coke would be considered one or two drinks? I ask because that is why we never ordered the Cheers program because only the single shot of Crown was allowed and my DH always drinks doubles. If so, would people start ordering doubles or triples thinking these to be under the $50?

Doubles and triple shots are not covered under Cheers.

Question regarding departures from Texas: If you buy Cheers, you can't have alcohol until Day 2. Does that mean you can't get non-alcoholic drinks day 1?

IvyChat....you CAN purchase alcohol day one, but Texas law does not allow us to use Cheers! that day. So the way it works is that you are only charged for 6 days and that starts at 6 a.m. the morning after departure. So just budget for drinks for the first afternoon and night or drink the wine you can carry on and you should be OK. Even wine packages can not be used until the second day.

Hope that helps!

Following because we can't decided if we should do cheers or not $904 seem like so much money to spend for our 8 night cruise.

My wife and I took a 4-night cruise last summer. At the end of the cruise they give you an itemized bill.

Cheers package was ~$450 for the both of us. Our drinks if we had bought them outright would have cost us $950.

If you're going to drink 5-6 alcoholic drinks each a day then the Cheers package is totally worth it.

This is an interesting concept. I doubt they would allow it but would like to know for sure. Personally and please don't take this the wrong way, no one should drink more than 15 crown and Coke. So either way if he is drinking 5 doubles. The cheers package will still be a savings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The coronas on elation have been in 12oz glass bottles.

Like I said, I don't know what Corona containers they use on Carnival ships, I was just correcting the poster that said "Corona uses only glass bottles." I'm not saying they are used onboard, I'm just saying they exist.;)

Just got off the ship. [emoji24] cheers was worth it for us. My husband enjoyed the coffee and I was able to order non alcoholic strawberry daiquiris for my son. They were $5.95 for virgin ones and I bet had drank 2 or 3 a day. Ordered him Coke at dinner also. He would go up to the bar with me and tell me what he wanted. I used my card and no one ever said I could not use it for him. He would tell them what he wanted, they would swipe my card then hand the drink to him. No problem.

Edited by angiem0217

Just got off the ship. [emoji24] cheers was worth it for us. My husband enjoyed the coffee and I was able to order non alcoholic strawberry daiquiris for my son. They were $5.95 for virgin ones and I bet had drank 2 or 3 a day. Ordered him Coke at dinner also. He would go up to the bar with me and tell me what he wanted. I used my card and no one ever said I could not use it for him. He would tell them what he wanted, they would swipe my card then hand the drink to him. No problem.

I guess it's different if you are sharing the NA drinks with your kid. I am sure they would say something if you had an adult walk up there with you and say I would like a Coke and rum and order it for them

I wish they would let hubby buy it and share non alcoholic stuff with me lol. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth it since I don't drink. When you go to buy it, how can they tell how many adults are in your cabin? It pops up on their monitor I guess?

I wish they would let hubby buy it and share non alcoholic stuff with me lol. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth it since I don't drink. When you go to buy it, how can they tell how many adults are in your cabin? It pops up on their monitor I guess?

Yes, it's all automatic. For instance, when I clicked "Purchase Now" under the Cheers! package online, it automatically popped up with both mine and my husband's names, and a total price for the two packages. There was no other option other than to buy it for all adults in the cabin. The same thing will surely happen if you wait to buy it onboard, as well. They are aware that lots of people want to cheat and break the rules and are on the lookout to prevent it.

Yes, it's all automatic. For instance, when I clicked "Purchase Now" under the Cheers! package online, it automatically popped up with both mine and my husband's names, and a total price for the two packages. There was no other option other than to buy it for all adults in the cabin. The same thing will surely happen if you wait to buy it onboard, as well. They are aware that lots of people want to cheat and break the rules and are on the lookout to prevent it.

Yup, figured. And I don't want to break the rules, either, but I don't like that rule. Wish we could do a cheers/bubbles split lol. Ah well. Maybe we'll try it on a short cruise so it's cheaper

Were just of Liberty and had package, As I looked back it wasn't really cost effective for us. Achemey Bar we had a couple of drinks that was a little over $10 but we only averaged about 6 drinks a day do to port excursions. Was had to get dinner alcohol service outside of shooters which are not covered. Wine was easy to get. As far as high dollar drinks, asked for Johnny Walker Blue and they don't carry. So if you drink less than 10 drinks a day not worth it.

Were just of Liberty and had package, As I looked back it wasn't really cost effective for us. Achemey Bar we had a couple of drinks that was a little over $10 but we only averaged about 6 drinks a day do to port excursions. Was had to get dinner alcohol service outside of shooters which are not covered. Wine was easy to get. As far as high dollar drinks, asked for Johnny Walker Blue and they don't carry. So if you drink less than 10 drinks a day not worth it.

10 drinks seems pretty high. Maybe 10 total for both of you. Or if you drink super cheap drinks. The break even point was well below 10 for most drinks though, I think.

10 drinks seems pretty high. Maybe 10 total for both of you. Or if you drink super cheap drinks. The break even point was well below 10 for most drinks though, I think.

I'm thinking the same thing as you.