MAGIC Announcement - Guy's Pig and Anchor Bar

Domergirl

Just announced on John Heald's facebook page....It's interesting that they're announcing it 10 days after the dry dock. It sounds like it's available now (and looks like it on the Carnival site). I'll check when I'm on the Magic on April 3rd!!

CARNIVAL MAGIC TO FEATURE NEW GUY FIERI-DESIGNED OPEN-AIR BARBECUE EATERY OFFERING TRADITIONAL SMOKEHOUSE FAVORITES

‘Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse’ To Offer Smoked-on-Board Pork Butt, Beef, Chicken, and Sausage, Delicious Sides, Fieri’s Own Sauces and More

MIAMI (March __, 2016) – Chef and restaurateur Guy Fieri, whose Guy’s Burger Joints on Carnival Cruise Line ships have earned a reputation as the best burgers at sea, has expanded his seagoing culinary offerings with a new authentic smokehouse and barbecue venue aboard Carnival Magic.

Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse is a casual open-air eatery located on Carnival Magic’s Lanai on Promenade Deck featuring a wide variety of BBQ favorites smoked right on board over hickory and cherry wood using Guy’s signature recipes, rubs and spices.

A member of the American Royal National Barbecue Hall of Fame, Fieri is cooking up real-deal smokehouse favorites like bone-in, dry-rubbed, slow-smoked and pulled Championship Pork Butt, dry-rubbed and grilled Blue Ribbon Chicken, smoked Andouille sausage and Sliced Smoked Round of Beef cooked “low and slow” and thinly sliced. A rarity on cruise ships, Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse features a traditional wood smoker which was installed on board as part of a recent dry dock.

Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse also features Fieri’s own unique take on traditional side dishes with deliciously creative offerings like Mac Daddy Mac n Cheese, Old Skool Potato Salad, Scratch-Made Slaw, Collard Greens with Smoked Turkey, and Molasses Baked Beans with Bacon and Burnt Ends. All items at Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse will be available free of charge.

Diners can spice up their dishes with Fieri’s signature BBQ sauces, including Award-Winning Brown Sugar (sweet and sticky), Kansas City (smoky and sweet), and Sriracha BBQ (spicy and tangy) and Carolina #6 (tangy with sweet heat). A hot sauce bar, as well as a wide range of ice-cold beers and sodas, will be available, as well.

Commented Fieri, “Everyone knows that it takes the finest meats cooked ‘low and slow’ to create truly righteous mouth-watering barbecue. My new ‘Pig & Anchor’ eatery on Carnival Magic is gonna be off the hook! Be sure to grab lots of napkins -- it’s gonna get messy!”

“Guy has been a wonderful partner and we can’t wait for our guests to enjoy all the incredible offerings at his Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse which we’re sure will be a huge hit with Carnival Magic guests,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line.

Open sea days from noon to 2:30 p.m., Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse is part of Carnival Magic’s extensive multi-million-dollar renovation that spanned three weeks and added a variety of exciting new dining and bar concepts, including, of course, a Guy’s Burger Joint, a free-of-charge poolside venue serving hand-crafted burgers and fries with recipes created by the Food Network star.

Including Carnival Magic, Guy’s Burger Joints are available on 11 Carnival ships and serve more than 1,000 burgers per ship per day. Guy’s Burger Joint will also be featured aboard the new Carnival Vista when it debuts in May.

Other newly added spaces on Carnival Magic include two poolside bars – the RedFrog Rum Bar and BlueIguana Tequila Bar – along with the BlueIguana Cantina serving authentic Mexican tacos and burritos, Pizzeria del Capitano offering hand-tossed artisanal pies, the cocktail pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar, and a “candy and more store” called Cherry on Top.

Carnival Magic will continue its seven-day schedule from Galveston through April 10, 2016 then reposition to Port Canaveral to launch year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises April 23, 2016. Prior to launching its new seven-day schedule from Port Canaveral, Carnival Magic will operate a special three-day cruise to Nassau April 20-23, 2016.

Carnival Magic will offer two distinctly different week-long itineraries from the Space Coast – a western Caribbean route featuring Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan) and Costa Maya; and an eastern Caribbean option calling at St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk and Nassau or Amber Cove.

Additional information on Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse is available at carnival.com/guysbbq.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/guys-pig-anchor-bbq

Edited by Domergirl

Nope! The Carnival site says it's included. Open for lunch only. I'll be interested to see where they put it. I find it interesting, because in some of the reviews I've been reading on here from folks who've cruised on the Magic post-dry dock, there was disappointment that there was not Fat Jimmy's BBQ. This explains why... they're going a different way with the "Guy Fieri" branding instead. I guess they just weren't ready to roll it out right away after dry dock?

(p.s...sorry...when I started this thread, there wasn't one yet...looks like me and another posted started threads at the same time!)

Nope! The Carnival site says it's included. Open for lunch only. I'll be interested to see where they put it. I find it interesting, because in some of the reviews I've been reading on here from folks who've cruised on the Magic post-dry dock, there was disappointment that there was not Fat Jimmy's BBQ. This explains why... they're going a different way with the "Guy Fieri" branding instead. I guess they just weren't ready to roll it out right away after dry dock?

(p.s...sorry...when I started this thread, there wasn't one yet...looks like me and another posted started threads at the same time!)

Magic was originally scheduled to get Fat Jimmy's during the dry dock. I like the menu for the new place better. I'm on the cruise after yours so I'm hoping for a review of this before I sail.

Just checked the deck plans. It's on the Lanai were Fat jimmy's is on the Breeze. Lines were crazy last September the Breeze. Hope is open more then just sea days.

Edited by jzozo

Anyone know which side of the ship? I would love to smell the bbq off my balcony!

If its the same as the Breeze its on starboard just off Ocean Plaza. Also if its like the Breeze the line will be HUGE. Its in an awkward place. Often the line will end inside the promenade deck. Forget using the hot tub there at that time, too many gawkers waiting in line. And then so many people in line and not enough places to sit. We finally piled our plates and took them back to our room. Crowds were ridiculous. Sounds like a great concept but it was poorly thought out.

Considering the following he has, Guy Fieri would be smart to have his own cruise ship. I sure know I'd cruise on it.

Given the presence he has on Food Network...I would not be at all surprised if one day I turned on the TV and saw some food show featuring Guy cooking up some burgers or BBQ on a Carnival ship!!

SO looking forward to this! I think this is the first ever wood smoker on a cruise ship and that is what it takes to make good Que. Other than that its crock pot roast with BBQ sauce on it :D;) Would love to see ribs on the menu but I understand why not. Baby backs are outrageous now. I cant wait to get those smells and so happy that its included!

Edited by ryano

Given the presence he has on Food Network...I would not be at all surprised if one day I turned on the TV and saw some food show featuring Guy cooking up some burgers or BBQ on a Carnival ship!!

Actually I did see that on TV. Can't remember the name of show but he was on a ship with Guy's burgers. They did western itinerary and he was going around to different places helping fix specialties in restaurants. I remember jerk chicken from Jamaica, so it was a western itinerary.

SO looking forward to this! I think this is the first ever wood smoker on a cruise ship and that is what it takes to make good Que. Other than that its crock pot roast with BBQ sauce on it :D;) Would love to see ribs on the menu but I understand why not. Baby backs are outrageous now. I cant wait to get those smells and so happy that its included!

I'm with you. I don't usually like the saucy BBQ - I prefer the plain smoked meat. Just so good! And, I had to laugh about the crock pot BBQ because that is exactly what I do at home. Put in a Boston Butt and pour BBQ sauce over it and let it cook all day. Not the same, but still good.

I just wish it would be opened more than just on sea days. Did Guy's Burgers start with only sea days? I know that when it opened it was only from 12-2:30 also and now is 12-6. Hopefully they will lengthen the hours and add more days before I sail on her next October.