Breakaway or Summit

Jd820

I would choose Summit. Celebrity and NCL are a world apart. Pertaining to mass market cruise lines, Celebrity is at the top and NCL is at the very bottom.

Then again, that would be my choice. You didn't say what you're looking for in a cruise, or if you're cruising as a couple or with kids.

Witch one would you do. The Summit is about $1000 cheaper

August 7 to Bermuda

Thanks jd820

You may also want to post on the Celebrity and NCL forums, just to get options from both sides:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107

I too would take the Summit.

I have sailed Summit and I have also sailed R/T Bermuda two other times on Celebrity but on a different Celebrity Ship.

I highly recommend Celebrity, Summit and Bermuda. Lovely cruise.

Keith

I love the Summit, it is my favorite Celebrity ship. I think it depends on if you have children or like nightlife. I haven't been on the Breakaway, but do cruise the smaller NCL ships. The Breakaway has a lot more for children to do and there is a lot more nightlife than on the Summit.

hi, DH and have sailed to Bermuda several times. We have been there on the Breakaway and on other ships. In May we will be there on the Summit.

Part of the newer comes from what you plan on doing in port. Do you want a ship with lots to do while docked (all ships have programs but the Breakaway has more choices) or will you be roaming the island.

We will be Aqua class on the Summit being able to drop in at Blu, if we arrive late back at the ship. So we will not feel rushed to make dining times.

Or you can choose one this year and the other next year.

Thanks for your opinions. Keep them coming.

Well, as others here have pointed out, it would help if we knew something about you, your traveling party, and your onboard interests.

A cursory look will show that Summit has no water park, so it's probably not as attractive to young families as its NCL counterpart. However, if you are an older couple, looking to avoid those families with young kids, Summit may be a better choice. :cool:

We don't cruise NCL, but have taken Summit to Bermuda twice now. We love Summit, and look forward to sailing that itinerary in the future. And, although Breakaway arrives first, and departs after Summit, it's just a matter of an hour or so. Both ships tend to "race" each other over to the island and back home, lol! ;)

But, I think the fundamental perception about Summit vs. Breakaway could be summed up in a conversation we overheard, while standing in line for the ferry to Hamilton. A family with very excited, enthusiastic kids was in front of us. One of the boys pointed to Summit (docked next to Breakaway) and asked "Mommy, what's THAT ship -- can we go on IT?" His mother immediately replied "Oh honey, that's the BORING ship -- you don't want to go on that one." :eek: My DH and I were trying to stifle our giggles. I leaned in and whispered to him "Let's not tell them, OK?" :p

Edited by wwcruisers

Breakaway has more activities. However, Breakaway carries over 4,000 passengers while Summit carries just over 2,000. Summit, being Celebrity, is virtually certain to have better service and food than NCL's Breakaway. That $1,000 difference is only the beginning - if you want good food you will want to eat in Breakaway's specialty venues at substantial additional cost.

Summit feels like a ship, while Breakaway will feel more like a mall.