B2B What's open on turn around day

We will be doing our first B2B on Adventure OTS out of San Juan.

What will be available to us that morning? Will the pools be open? Will we need to get up early if we want breakfast? Hallways to the rooms are usually closed until sometime after 1. Will we have access to come and go from our room? I know we will have to leave the ship but then be able to get back on. What else should we expect?

I think for me the fun of doing a B2B will be staying on the ship when most everyone else gets off, however if there won't be anything to do maybe it would be better to explore San Juan a little bit.

Nothing special for consecutive cruisers on turnaround morning. I can't recall if the pools are open on the last morning...sorry.

You will be allowed to access your room after you clear customs and re-board. No need to wait until 1:00. Depending on the ship and number of consecutive cruisers, they may offer a special lunch in the MDR...very nice.

We will be doing our first B2B on Adventure OTS out of San Juan.

What will be available to us that morning? Will the pools be open? Will we need to get up early if we want breakfast? Hallways to the rooms are usually closed until sometime after 1. Will we have access to come and go from our room? I know we will have to leave the ship but then be able to get back on. What else should we expect?

I think for me the fun of doing a B2B will be staying on the ship when most everyone else gets off, however if there won't be anything to do maybe it would be better to explore San Juan a little bit.

You will need to get up early for breakfast because it starts and ends earlier on turnaround day. Don't expect anything to be open after breakfast closes.

You will be able to come and go to your stateroom. You may have to open the fire doors to get into the corridor. If a crewmember questions you, just say you are a B2B cruiser.

You will be lucky to have 15 minutes on the ship before they start letting the new guests on, It seems in San Juan that it takes them a long time to get the previous guests off, and they need to have a zero count before they let the B2B guests back on.

They have always given us a special luncheon on Adventure, but that may depend on the number of B2B guests.

Edited by clarea

Just doing a B2B on Quantum in Asia now and on turnaround day, breakfast was served until 8:30am only. We didnt have to disembark in Shanghai but we did have to go down to the gangway, clock out and back in again. We were lead by a staff member before and passengers were let off.. Pools were open but that was about it. No bars, no food! It seem deserted. Yours may be different. I even got moved on by a staff member who was fogging the prominade. Have fun on your B2B.. Cheers

We have not done a B2B on Adventure out of San Juan, but did not get off till 3 pm once.

The bars did start opening around noon. Do not recall exact time, maybe a little earlier. Guess they were prepared for the next sailing and that was their start time. I went and bought a beer. Paid them in cash. Not sure how they processed it, but I enjoyed it while we waited to get off.

It seemed pretty quiet other than conversations between passengers waiting to get off. There was no formal activities going on. Crew was working on turnaround. They did serve us some sandwiches for lunch too.

I would like to try a B2B sometime where there are different itineraries for each week. My guess is we would get off in morning and enjoy something local or just go find a nice quiet place onboard with some coffee. :)

Edited by shipshape sam

This year on our b2b, we met in the lounge and did our change-over right there. We didn't have to get off the ship. They brought the customs officer onboard. They had a special lunch for us as well. It was quite nice.

Was this on Adventure in San Juan?

This year on our b2b, we met in the lounge and did our change-over right there. We didn't have to get off the ship. They brought the customs officer onboard. They had a special lunch for us as well. It was quite nice.

We have also experienced having an inspector come aboard to check our passports, but only in foreign countries. In the United States, we have always had to disembark, go thru customs, as a group of b2b passengers, and then return to the ship once the count is at zero.

Depending on the ship and the size of the b2b group, we have enjoyed a very nice private lunch in the MDR.

Rick

Thanks for all of the replies. Guess it won't be as exciting as I was hoping. Oh well, we will just enjoy the fact that we get to stay on for another week!

Just curious, Is there any place close to the pier where we could go for a nice breakfast? and if we did that would we have to wait until boarding starts again to be able to get back on the ship?

Thanks for all of the replies. Guess it won't be as exciting as I was hoping. Oh well, we will just enjoy the fact that we get to stay on for another week!

Just curious, Is there any place close to the pier where we could go for a nice breakfast? and if we did that would we have to wait until boarding starts again to be able to get back on the ship?

There's really nothing close to the Pan American pier. We usually take a taxi to Old San Juan if we want to get away on changeover day.

Yes, if you don't immediately re-board with the B2B guests, then you have to wait until general boarding starts to re-board the ship. You will be given an "in-transit" card that allows you to bypass any lines getting into the terminal.

Edited by clarea

There's really nothing close to the Pan American pier. We usually take a taxi to Old San Juan if we want to get away on changeover day.

Yes, if you don't immediately re-board with the B2B guests, then you have to wait until general boarding starts to re-board the ship. You will be given an "in-transit" card that allows you to bypass any lines getting into the terminal.

Good info to know!

In San Juan, when we did a b2b there, people who wanted to remain onboard had to meet in a room and leave the ship together. We went into the terminal and waited until the ship had a zero count. We were then allowed to reboard with our new SeaPass cards. Some pools were open and a few bars opened as soon as they were ready(I think around 11:30). We could access our cabins as soon as we reboarded.

If you were staying off the ship for the day, you could leave with the regular passengers.

There is nothing to do near the port.

On both of the B2Bs we've done (Freedom and Adventure) we had to get new cards, but it only took a few minutes. On Freedom we got off the ship, and on Adventure we just went to a special room to get the cards and turn in our customs cards.

On both ships they had a special consecutive cruise lunch that was quite good with some selections that aren't normally on the menu (we liked the beef stroganoff)

Then we mostly just sat around the promenade and watched weary newbies come on while we sipped coffee and relaxed. It was very nice and fun in a way.

As some have noted, there is not much time before people are off the ship and the newbies come on. We had around an hour each time where most were off, but there were still stragglers almost up until the newbies arrived.

Doing B2B is enjoyable on a number of levels.

Tom

Yes, it was on the Adventure of the Seas

As you know, we've done that B2B several times. We've always had to get off the ship between cruises. Very nice that you were able to stay on during the changeover, I hope they continue that policy.

I think the best thing about doing the B2B is knowing you don't have to pack that last day of the first leg. And watching the people who are getting off and seeing their sad faces and know your staying on!! And we loved the special lunch they had for us!!

On both ships they had a special consecutive cruise lunch that was quite good with some selections that aren't normally on the menu (we liked the beef stroganoff)... Then we mostly just sat around the promenade and watched weary newbies come on while we sipped coffee and relaxed. It was very nice and fun in a way.

Same for us! I had the beef stroganoff at lunch and it was deelish! :p We also enjoyed just relaxing, and we enjoyed the announcement made to staff and crew about the specific numbers of passengers coming onboard, and how they were divided up ("8 Pinnacles, 100 Diamond Plus, 325 Diamond members, 250 kids... " etc.). We took some time up in the Viking Crown Lounge to do the post-cruise survey and even post a small review here, using AT&T as we were in New Orleans at the time. Imagine that B2B - 4 times up and down the mighty Mississippi! :D