Bring "water bottle and coffee mug"?

Rebecca in NC

Email from Carnival listed "What to Pack", which included "water bottle and coffee mug". This is our first cruise, and I'm a bit confused as to why I would need a coffee mug? Is the water bottle for bringing water off of the ship for excursions, or do you need it around the ship?

Also, they listed "white attire for Electric White Night". Any insights on this one?

Thanks!

Carnival provides regular restaurant type coffee mugs, but if you want an insulated mug, then bring one.

You can bring whatever kind of water bottle you prefer and fill them from the filtered water on lido.

Use Carnival's glass to fill your water botte.

The white clothes are for a party late one night.

Dance club kind of thing.

The cups at the lido buffet for lemonade, tea and water are little, so I bring a larger travel mug or sports bottle so I can get some and take it wherever I'm going. I use the travel mug for coffee in the morning, I tend to spill my coffee down my shirt until I'm fully awake lol, I can also take it back to my room or whatever.

Email from Carnival listed "What to Pack", which included "water bottle and coffee mug". This is our first cruise, and I'm a bit confused as to why I would need a coffee mug? Is the water bottle for bringing water off of the ship for excursions, or do you need it around the ship?

Also, they listed "white attire for Electric White Night". Any insights on this one?

Thanks!

WE always bring a water bottle to use by the pool area.

In all my travels I have never had a "cruise-line" send me a packing list. Is the OP dealing with a personal planner that may be sending them a list they have compiled outside of "official" Carnival?

No I got an email from Carnival with this list as well. Yesterday and my ship leaves on 4-3. Might just be a new marketing tool they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks![/quote

you can bring your travel coffee mug as its easier to carry coffee around then a regular coffee mug. You need to use the carnival regular cups to get the coffee then pour it into your cup, as its against health dept guidelines to fill your own cup.

You can bring your own water bottle to fill it out of your tap in your room or you can use the carnival cups to get water on lido deck and transfer it to your own cup.

Electric white night is usually one night in the disco, if you where white, you get a dollar off of drinks.

Thanks for the info! We did receive this email from Carnival, along with information (basically ads) to sign up for spa treatments, excursions, and the fun shops. I do like a nice warm mug of coffee in my hand during the morning, but will probably bring travel mugs for later in the day.

Can you just order coffee to your room via room service in the AM, and then go to breakfast later? Or do you have to go up to the lido deck for coffee? (I am assuming no coffee makers in rooms)...

Can you just order coffee to your room via room service in the AM, and then go to breakfast later? Or do you have to go up to the lido deck for coffee? (I am assuming no coffee makers in rooms)...

I bring my own coffee mug for the room service coffee. I like having a larger cup to drink from. I hate those little ones they give you. Like someone said previously, they don't let you fill your own coffee cups at the stations because of health reasons... and it's a pain to transfer it. I like to start my morning with some coffee and then go up later and get (hot) breakfast

Maybe it's just a sneaky cut-back. If you bring your own mug and water bottle, it will cut down on the number of broken mugs, and the cost of cleaning them. Every penny counts. In a year, it will be mandatory to bring you own dishes. :D

Uh oh, I think you're onto something!!!

Maybe it's just a sneaky cut-back. If you bring your own mug and water bottle, it will cut down on the number of broken mugs, and the cost of cleaning them. Every penny counts. In a year, it will be mandatory to bring you own dishes. :D

OMG, too funny. I thought the same thing but the reason I thought that was because of the self serve beer on the Sunshine. They charge a gratuity even though it is self serve. Reason stated was because someone has to wash the glasses and set them out at the station. So, I have to pay a gratuity to someone for me pouring my own beer.:eek::rolleyes:

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Thanks![/quote

you can bring your travel coffee mug as its easier to carry coffee around then a regular coffee mug. You need to use the carnival regular cups to get the coffee then pour it into your cup, as its against health dept guidelines to fill your own cup.

You can bring your own water bottle to fill it out of your tap in your room or you can use the carnival cups to get water on lido deck and transfer it to your own cup.

Electric white night is usually one night in the disco, if you where white, you get a dollar off of drinks.

Don't worry about using their cups. Just take your jug and fill it up. That's what everybody that's been on more than 2 cruises does. Don't listen to these newbies that only read the rules. My cup I take I got from Peterbilt truck lines 20 years ago and it has more stains than a pair of dirty underwear and it works fine.

Don't worry about using their cups. Just take your jug and fill it up. That's what everybody that's been on more than 2 cruises does. Don't listen to these newbies that only read the rules. My cup I take I got from Peterbilt truck lines 20 years ago and it has more stains than a pair of dirty underwear and it works fine.

The reason the other poster stated to use a Carnival cup when filling up a personal mug is so that you don't transfer the saliva and spit germs from the personal mug to the drink station.

I have been on more than 18 cruises and I would never stick my personal cup under the ice or drink dispenser.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Thanks!

A coffee mug? Is it a cruise or a camp out?

Thanks!

We bought a Carnival mugs, as well as Disney mugs, the latter used for "free" coffee refills for the week.

We still bring them each cruise, in the morning for coffee, and the rest of the day, for our mixed drinks.

Please, please, please, if you bring your own water bottle or coffee mug, and they do not easily fit under the spigot, don't shove it up there. There's nothing worse than seeing a bottle that you know has already been sucked on under the spigot that you wanted to use next. It's incredibly unsanitary and just down right disgusting.

I wished the cruise lines would add in a taller spout, like you see in some airports, to accommodate taller bottles and mugs; but, until they do, let's not give other people's germs (cold, flu, noro, etc) a chance to spread.

The reason the other poster stated to use a Carnival cup when filling up a personal mug is so that you don't transfer the saliva and spit germs from the personal mug to the drink station.

I have been on more than 18 cruises and I would never stick my personal cup under the ice or drink dispenser.

Right on. Glad to see you agree with me. Just bring your own cup and fill it up! Folks make life too hard over thinking every move they make. MERCY!