Would you give up an Aft cabin for this?

Jane2357

We are after final payment on our Alaska cruise/Post cruise tour. We have #1138 Aqua 1 on the aft booked - a coveted balcony for Alaska.

Right now we could pay $340 dollars (total) to upgrade to a suite guarantee - keeping our $300 OBC, free Bev, Grats and gaining free intranet. I realize that we will most likely end up with a Sky 2 - but having had a S1 once - oh that extra space is nice, the butler service is great and now they have the suite restaurant and Michael's Club.

Would you give up an Aqua aft cabin in Alaska for a Sky suite?

We are after final payment on our Alaska cruise/Post cruise tour. We have #1138 Aqua 1 on the aft booked - a coveted balcony for Alaska.

Right now we could pay $340 dollars (total) to upgrade to a suite guarantee - keeping our $300 OBC, free Bev, Grats and gaining free intranet. I realize that we will most likely end up with a Sky 2 - but having had a S1 once - oh that extra space is nice, the butler service is great and now they have the suite restaurant and Michael's Club.

Most definitely. However, the longer you wait your decision may be made for you if someone helps gets the "deal" first. Remember, the early bird gets the worm. Go for it.

Hi Jane

Go on line and find out what Suites are available.

There's always the chance you could get an aft suite. And I believe that once your cabin has been assigned you can change to any cabin (suite) in the same category.

And, yes, I think I'd upgrade - for all of the reasons everyone else has said.

Edited by chamima

After weighing out the pros and cons - I just could't give up that aft view - which was our sole purpose for booking #1138. Yes - call me crazy!!! We've had a S1 once before and loved everything about it (there was no Michael's or Luminae then) but for this shorter, port intensive cruise - I want that view. :D

As consolation I'm reminding myself that I have a CS suite booked for '17 - for Panama Canal. It will be fun saving our first experience with Luminae and Michael's Club for that. :cool:

Now back to counting down the days till we leave for Vancouver!

Yup. :)

After weighing out the pros and cons - I just could't give up that aft view - which was our sole purpose for booking #1138. Yes - call me crazy!!! We've had a S1 once before and loved everything about it (there was no Michael's or Luminae then) but for this shorter, port intensive cruise - I want that view. :D

As consolation I'm reminding myself that I have a CS suite booked for '17 - for Panama Canal. It will be fun saving our first experience with Luminae and Michael's Club for that. :cool:

Now back to counting down the days till we leave for Vancouver!

Jane, I agree with your decision nd I am sure that you will have a great cruise.

I would,

the extra space, upgraded bathroom, luminae, butler, Michaels club, and you can still go to blu if you want plus, you keep all your other perks?....damn right I would...and there is always the chance you could end up in a Royal...not likely....but it COULD happen...

August will be our first Celebrity cruise. We are booked in an Aqua cabin. Did you find out about the upgrade by going on the Celebrity website or were you contacted?

We were just on an NCL cruise and I found out that there is a special upgrade number you can call to see if there is a deal available. Does Celebrity have such a thing? If not, how do you find out about upgrades?

We are in cabin 9038 which is the one that has what looks like a larger balcony because of a slant. Has anyone been in one of these?

Alaska is the only place I wouldn't make the change. Those views are the best from the aft cabins and they also provide a degree of protection from wind and cold that side balconies do not.:)

Hi Jane;

I totally understand your predicament. DD and I had an A1 aft last summer, and "AFT" was the first priority. Like MaBell says, there is some protection from the wind that is so nice in inclement weather. I, however, would upgrade, as the A1 cabin was just too tight for both of us. Two women, with all of our women's stuff helped us make the decision to go S1 corner aft this year.

Have a wonderful cruise tour/cruise. You will have a new Awe for our great nation.

Scanditaly.