First time for Cruise

May sound like a silly question but where do you get official luggage tags? Also, how many suitcases do people usually bring for a 7 night cruise?

Luggage tags will be downloadable at 7 weeks before the cruise. Or you can just wait until you get to the pier and the porters will make tags for you.

We would bring 2-3 suitcases for a cruise.

May sound like a silly question but where do you get official luggage tags? Also, how many suitcases do people usually bring for a 7 night cruise?

As stated, luggage tags can be printed out before the cruise, we do this as I do all the planning but once the wife prints them out, it gets her in "cruise" mode.

As far as suitcases go, for a weeklong cruise we each take a medium size suitcase, I bring one backpack for both of us, and we sometimes bring a garment bag depending on whether or not we want to bring "fancy" clothes for the week. We've done week long cruises with only two nights in the dining room and the rest at the windjammer so less luggage. I've also seen people lug 4-5 bags for two people before as well, although for the life of me I can't imagine what all they would really need?

One thing to remember when packing. Some ships have very limited storage in the cabins, so depending on how many are in the room, you may have to go without some things.

Very true..... we've been fortunate our last couple cruises have been on larger ships with plenty of storage. I can only imagine how some of the folks with 4-5 bags manage on some of the smaller ships.

I printed my documents yesterday. Only one luggage tag printed, I know I can get more at port but can I also print another at home? The website went down after that so I couldn't check. Also, maybe this is silly, but how do you attach those tags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can go back and print as many as you like. But was the one you printed quite large with dotted lines for folding? A tiny one appears on your doc, but that's not the real thing.

Some people attach them with zip ties, some staple. The folded paper is thick enough to be sturdy. Some laminate them or cover them with mailing tape. Others, like me, have ordered on line plastic cruise luggage holders. I've used mine multiple times and it's much easier to me.

I put two on my big suitcase, one on each handle. One in my carry on, too, in case I get absent minded.

The porters have small ones at the port. They can hand write your info and tag your luggage if you lose one in travel.

Happy Cruising!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I printed my documents yesterday. Only one luggage tag printed, I know I can get more at port but can I also print another at home? The website went down after that so I couldn't check. Also, maybe this is silly, but how do you attach those tags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The luggage guys at the pier have a small stapler to put the forms (which you print out at home) on your luggage. I printed extra copies, put my name on it, and folded it. They did the rest.

We usually take one medium to large suitcase each and then at least one small carryon. The small carryon usually contains shoes and small accessories that I can easily get to.

Once I print my luggage tag, I usually put heavy duty packing tape on it to make it more sturdy and then cut them out to size, fold in half and staple the ends together. I started doing this because once when I traveled with my mother, her suitcase didn't get to the room until very late in the evening and that was because the tag had ripped off the suitcase after we had left it with the porter.

Happy cruising!

• 3 weeks later...
Does Royal Caribbean give out necklaces to hold your sea pass when on board or do you need to bring your own? Thanks.

They have lanyards for sale in the shops on board, but they are not given for free.

Edited by clarea

Hi there. First post. We are cruising in less than two weeks and have printed our luggage tags. We are taking 2 carry-ons, but is it a must that we give our one large suitcase to the RCCL rep at the dock, or can we also take it onboard ourselves and keep it with us until our cabin becomes available about l:00 pm?

Hi there. First post. We are cruising in less than two weeks and have printed our luggage tags. We are taking 2 carry-ons, but is it a must that we give our one large suitcase to the RCCL rep at the dock, or can we also take it onboard ourselves and keep it with us until our cabin becomes available about l:00 pm?

You can take as much as you can handle with you. The bags must be able to fit through an airport type security scanner.

Does Royal Caribbean give out necklaces to hold your sea pass when on board or do you need to bring your own? Thanks.

as mentioned, they sell lanyards. Prices are $6.95-$10.95 and they are cute. We bought for our teens. They all picked out different ones and cheap souvenir. We adults didn't need as they are easy to put in a bag or wallet. but it's up to you.

We bought ours at Walmart ahead of time in the office supply section for a dollar. They weren't as cute as what was for sale on board but they worked.

You can take as much as you can handle with you. The bags must be able to fit through an airport type security scanner.

Thanks clarea! I'll pack less and we'll take just one medium size suitcase then. That should fit through their security scanner no problem, and not be a problem for us to manage along with our carry-ons.

We bought ours at Walmart ahead of time in the office supply section for a dollar. They weren't as cute as what was for sale on board but they worked.

We use the small wrist coils (like a telephone cord) bought at Walmart as well. Can easily fit in the pocket or hang on the wrist for easy access.