2016-2017 incentive/group cruises on NCL

So I finally decided to update this. :o I've posted the link below. Please continue to update the thread and I'll add revisions as necessary. I've kept the cruises that have already sailed in hopes that some groups book the same cruise year after year so if things are looking funky on a sailing you're looking at, that group might have also booked the same ship.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxNUASjtcUQYNDlPVmluRHRnZlU

So I finally decided to update this. :o I've posted the link below. Please continue to update the thread and I'll add revisions as necessary. I've kept the cruises that have already sailed in hopes that some groups book the same cruise year after year so if things are looking funky on a sailing you're looking at, that group might have also booked the same ship.

You did a great job! Thanks for all your hard work.

Great thread! Not cruising till Dec. 2017 on the Pearl, but I will check your list often. Thanks.

the booking group College Party Cruise has booked large numbers of rooms on The NCL Sky for each of the 4 night cruises in March. Just search that name if you want more info- last year there were a number of pictures of this- drunk college kids totally taking over the pool and bar areas. This does NOT impact the 3 night cruises in March- only the 4 night ones.

Hi:

The cruise I am sailing on the Breakaway October 9-16 has an 80's music theme/group attending. I cringed when I found out - I grew up in the 80's and despised the music lol! Can't change the date of the cruise.

I cruised Carnival years ago during a commercial shoot with Kathie Lee and Frank Gifford, Regis Philbin, Willard Scott and Richard Simmons. The late seating for dinner was closed. Many venues were closed, elevators were roped off - god forbid Kathie Lee took the elevator with any of the commoners! Pool areas were closed during sea days for commercial shoots. Unbelievable! I wrote a letter to Micky Aronson when I got home and was sent a $100 coupon on my next cruise. I ripped up the coupon and mailed it back. Needless to say I never cruised Carnival again and never will. Different themes/groups/going ons can ruin ones vacation.

Are you in our online group, if not come join us! One here and the other I can't mention! We are going to have our own fun time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if these are already shared;

January 9, 2017, Norwegian Pearl, 1st Star Trek cruise;

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/cruiselog/2015/08/12/william-shatner-headlines-star-trek-cruise/31527955/

2nd and 3rd Star Trek cruise on the Jade in 2018;

A six-day Star Trek: The Cruise II sailing embarks on Jan. 5, 2018, and a five-day sailing on Jan. 11, 2018.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2016/09/21/star-trek-caribbean-cruise-norwegian-pearl/90778798/

Probably will be full charters, "According to the producers, the cruises will be a "fully immersive experience" for Star Trek fans who can hang out in specially redesigned spaces of the ship .. "

edit; They are already marked or in case of the Jade taken out of the inventory on CruiseTimetables.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

My last cruise had the Lifeplus group on it. Areas would be closed off due to them. They were a very large group and seemed almost all smokers. The waterfront walkway was almost always unwalkable. Also not many seemed to speak english. The worst part was on the Private island half was shut off to everyone but this group and this made it that there wasn't a single available chair and made the port useless. My GF and I literally walked on and right back off.

NCL Pearl Panama Canal Dec 29-Jan 9...Unfortunately only found out day after I paid in full. Lesson learned! However WE Will make sure we have a good time regardless:) We are a fun couple and we will find other...Hahahaha

This was the reason we canceled our Pearl cruise. We were on a cruise about a year ago and it was a charter and there were lots of issues BUT we were traveling with with 4 other couples and we made our own fun. We avoided the group as much as possible and instead of letting things PO us we had each other to laugh with. If you go with the attitude you have you will probably have a great time! I look forward to reading your review when you get back.

Have a great cruise!

There is a site where you can search for cruises fitting many different themes (faith based, sports, crafts, lifestyle, etc.). If you are considering a cruise, you can search by the ship you are considering and pull up any theme events for the sailing you are considering. I would google simple terms like "theme cruise finder".