2016-2017 incentive/group cruises on NCL

The July 16-30 cruise to Iceland, Norway and the UK is actually on the Jade not the Getaway. At least I know why our cruise sold out overnight. :cool::confused::(:rolleyes:

Thanks for the catch and glad to be of assistance, if only after the fact.

Here's the new link.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16q7IxvGOOySXm5_ldf_cuwh7lOVQbZwuKYE5Hc1vFTA/edit?usp=sharing

My Epic cruise on 15th Oct 2017 has just been rerouted- now leaving from Barcelona instead of Rome. 4 of the original ports have been changed. The sailing has been removed from the website. I have 9 days to decide whether to keep my booking.

Does anyone know if there is a large group booking? How could I find out? NCL just say the ship is sold out. I find that hard to believe unless there has been a large group booking.

Hi, we are looking at Alaska. The Kosherica web site shows:

Alaska Kosher Cruise aboard the Norwegian Cruise Lines: Pearl June 25 - July 2, 2017 (7 Nights - Kosher Cruise)

Alaska Kosher Cruise aboard the Norwegian Cruise Lines: Pearl August 13-20, 2017 (7 Nights - Kosher Cruise)

How did this cruise turn out?

We considered going on this with some friends, but worried about just which group this might be.

It turned out to be fine. There were obviously more Jewish people on board than I have ever noticed before (yamakas are a give away!). One section of the MDR was set aside for them, but other than that, no real disruptions.

One thing I did think was a little odd. On both Sabbaths(Friday night to Saturday night) one of the elevators was set aside & manned by a crew member who kept all of the buttons pushed. Evidently, they can't push the elevator buttons on the Sabbath (but they can let someone else do it for them?)

i wonder how they handle this on regular cruises? then again its not uncommon for anyone to come in and say please press 11 for me and they head to the back of the elevator.

i learned what sabbath mode was on ovens a few years ago so there are many interesting customs

Following this thread...thanks for keeping it updated.

I chose my October 2017 cruise for itinerary..(Quebec). NYC port....unfortunately it is a Friday/Monday embark/disembark. Hoping since it is 10 day and still expensive...it will not be "taken over" .

Edited by jaja

Found 3 in the course of my own research that I didn't see on the spreadsheet. All Singles Cruises (great for me, not for most) from singlescruise . com

Sky: March 17; 3 nights out of Miami

Escape: May 13; 7 nights out of Miami

Star: June 25; 7 nights out of Venice

Hopefully I copied them all:

Ship unknown:

March 11-18, 2017, Lifeplus group, departure Miami, could be Escape,

Norwegian Epic:

February 14-24, 2016, Kosherica group, Kosher Cruise

July 10-17, 2016, Kosherica group, Kosher Cruise

December 23-30, 2016, Kosherica group, Kosher Cruise

Norwegian Escape:

November 12-19, 2016, MyDeafBlindCruise group, 215 pax signed up per Feb '16,

September 9-16, 2017, MyDeafCruise group,http://www.mydeafcruise.com/norwegianescape/

Norwegian Jade:

February 6-10, 2017, Keeping The Blues Alive At Sea, music theme cruise

February 10-15, 2017, The Rock Boat XVII, music theme cruise

February 15-19, 2017, Sail Across the Sun, music theme cruise

February 19-26, 2017, Cayamo, music theme cruise

March 10-13, 2017, Pitbull After Dark Party, music theme cruise

Norwegian Jewel:

June 18-25, 2016, Rocky & Marlene Finley's Freestyle Alaska Deaf / ASL Group Cruise, 15 pax signed up,

Norwegian Pearl:

May 29 - June 5, 2016, Mormon Deaf Group Cruise,

July 3-10, 2016, Kosherica group, Kosher Cruise

November 4-9, 2016, The Kiss Kruise, music theme cruise

November 9-13, 2016, Ubersoca Cruise, music theme cruise

December 29, 2016 - January 9, 2017, Kosherica group, Kosher Cruise

February 3-6, 2017, Walker Stalker Cruise, music theme cruise

I am cruising on the Jade, Feb 26 to March 2, Outlaw Country Music Cruise...

Didn't see it listed and its a sixthman charter cruise.

I am cruising on the Jade, Feb 26 to March 2, Outlaw Country Music Cruise...

Didn't see it listed and its a sixthman charter cruise.

Enjoy! Yours is the ship and week I got bumped from!!! And it was a rebook after NCL pulled out of Texas.

So, third time's the charm. I hope. I am now on Epic on 2/25/17.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by DMH15

Enjoy! Yours is the ship and week I got bumped from!!! And it was a rebook after NCL pulled out of Texas.

So, third time's the charm. I hope. I am now on Epic on 2/25/17.

Sorry!! :) I am not a "group" cruiser, my brother and his wife went last year and had a great time. Best part of this cruise is I can purchase a case of water for $10!! LOL!!

Have a great time on the EPIC!!

Are theme cruises more applicable to U.S. sailings or am I at risk in June leaving from Barcelona? :eek:

Earlier, another poster mentioned themecruisefinder dot con

If you search in "All categories" then in the box, "Search anywhere in the ads" enter 'Barcelona', you will get a list of all cruises departing from, passing through or arriving at Barcelona. Warning! There are many but not all in 2017. You just have t work your way through them. Good luck!

Are theme cruises more applicable to U.S. sailings or am I at risk in June leaving from Barcelona? :eek:

If you search in "All categories" then in the box, "Search anywhere in the ads" enter 'Barcelona', you will get a list of all cruises departing from, passing through or arriving at Barcelona. Warning! There are many but not all in 2017. You just have t work your way through them. Good luck!

Hello! There is a work related group charter called WorldPac on April 30th this year, Epic out of Barcelona for a week - our first time on NCL :)

Edited by TheDarkestBlue

Sorry!! :) I am not a "group" cruiser, my brother and his wife went last year and had a great time. Best part of this cruise is I can purchase a case of water for $10!! LOL!!

Have a great time on the EPIC!!

Thanks! I have a wise mom whose motto is "everything happens for a reason" so where as the ship and ports for our adventure changed we're still going to have a great time.

Funny, I never thought I'd go on a megaship. But we're looking forward to the epic spa particularly.

Thanks!

http://wynwoodbrewing.com/cruise/

A Week of Friends, Fun and Beer-Related Shenanigans!

Join us for the inaugural “Wynwood Brewing Company Cruise” on board Norwegian Cruise Line’s newest ship, the stunning Norwegian Escape, on a 7-day adventure departing from Miami on May 6, 2017, and sailing to St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands, Tortola, British Virgin Islands, and Nassau, Bahamas.

$1,500 per person includes:

Double-Occupancy BC Balcony Cabin

Welcome Reception with Drinks and hors d’oeuvres

Beer + Dinner Pairing

Beer + Cheese Tasting

WBCo 3 on 3 Basketball Tourney with Prizes

WBCo Rope Course

Farewell Mingle

“Fully Loaded with Awesomeness” Goodie Bag

“Ultimate Beverage Package” included

Taxes, Port Fees + Gratuities Included in the price

$1,500 fare can be paid in seven easy installments, and is refundable until the final installment due date (Feb. 1, 2017).

http://travelsober.com/ has several sailings. They're probably just taking up conference rooms rather than restaurants, (and definitely not bars) but anyway....a group is a group.

They generally state: On This cruise we will explore Deepening Your Recovery: Self-reflection, Exploration and Connection

Speakers, Workshops, Meetings, ‘Old-Timers Panel’, Couples Forum, Sober Social Networking, Great Entertainment, Dancing, Karaoke, Dining Options, Great Spa plus Lots & Lots of Fun and Fellowship

Sailings are

April 2 2017 Dawn

May 5 2017 Jewel

May 25 2017 Getaway

August 23 2017 Getaway

September 17 2017 Breakaway

FYI, we were on the Dec 29th Panama Canal Kosher cruise on the Pearl. The group did not impact on others at all. If we didn't know that it was a partial charter, we would not of known. They were hardly seen onboard. They had their own section of one main dining room, and didn't eat anywhere else, which made dining very available at all places.

We had heard some horror stories of previous sailings, and we were hesitant ourselves (and we are Jewish), but saw no ill behavior (very few children) and the group posed no problems for the rest of the cruise. we were very thankful that we did not cancel based on the charter and past horror stories. People not on CC didn't even know that there was a partial charter.

Safe sailing

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know what is going on with the Gem May 27, 2017 to the Bahamas etc? Every single SF penthouse is available and lots of other categories and it's after final payment. Granted it's $2500pp but it seems really weird that not one has been booked. out of 12 penthouses. I want to book for our 35th anniversary but can't figure out what is going on with the Gem that week. :confused:

Let's unite our search skills to create a near up to date list of known charter/group cruises on NCL. So we can avoid them. ;)

If we copy paste and add any new dates the list below we might be able to save someone's vacation :D

The list (please copy past after the break):

Ship unknown:

March 11-18 2017, Lifesource group, departure Miami, could be Escape,

..a second option is emailing events@ncl.com from your business email and asking if they can host x number of pax on incentive travel on your sail date. ;)

A while back someone (I can't remember who) posted an excel sheet with all of the NCL charters he found online. Select the ship at the bottom of the page. Check it out: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxNUASjtcUQYYXVQNDRqZXRyVDQ/view

Anyone know what is going on with the Gem May 27, 2017 to the Bahamas etc? Every single SF penthouse is available and lots of other categories and it's after final payment. Granted it's $2500pp but it seems really weird that not one has been booked. out of 12 penthouses. I want to book for our 35th anniversary but can't figure out what is going on with the Gem that week. :confused:

Could it be because Bermuda itinerary cruises are more popular than the Bahamas itinerary at that time of year?

I am on the Escape with the deaf tour group. Should I consider changing my dates or does any one know if they are pretty low key and dont take up to much of the time in restaurants?

It looks like it's only 97 confirmed people at this point. I wouldnt worry about that small of a group.