Just on Grand, or on all Princess ships?

cvpends

I am on the lovely Grand Princess right now, and have found that all the public restrooms have seat covers. These, along with the touch less faucets and paper towel dispensers and receptacles near the door for those who want to avoid touching the door handle are great for sanitation purposes? So my question is this: are seat covers standings on Princess ships? Or is this unique to the a Grand?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am on the lovely Grand Princess right now, and have found that all the public restrooms have seat covers. These, along with the touch less faucets and paper towel dispensers and receptacles near the door for those who want to avoid touching the door handle are great for sanitation purposes? So my question is this: are seat covers standings on Princess ships? Or is this unique to the a Grand?

None on CB men's room last Jan.

I've learned to be a great squatter... we were on the Grand in December and I didn't notice any seat covers.... Wouldn't they contribute to the clogging toilet issues? We had huge issues on the Star two Christmas' ago and I feel like by the end of the cruise the Grand this last year we had a bunch of "unavailable" public toilets towards the end of the cruise....

Edited by jennybenny

I've learned to be a great squatter... we were on the Grand in December and I didn't notice any seat covers.... Wouldn't they contribute to the clogging toilet issues? We had huge issues on the Star two Christmas' ago and I feel like by the end of the cruise the Grand this last year we had a bunch of "unavailable" public toilets towards the end of the cruise....

Apparently not. Every single public toilet on this ship is working perfectly, as far as I can tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After 30+ years maintaining vacuum toilet systems, I can say that I don't remember ever seeing a toilet clog caused by "excessive toilet paper", the "wrong" toilet paper, kleenex or seat covers. Generally, any paper product that uses lightweight "pressed" paper fibers will go down the pipes. The problems come with using paper towels and things with "woven" paper fibers.

So far we have heard back from those on Grand and Sea Princess. Anyone currently on another Princess ship who can report back? I would really like to know if this is a fleet wide improvement.

After 30+ years maintaining vacuum toilet systems, I can say that I don't remember ever seeing a toilet clog caused by "excessive toilet paper", the "wrong" toilet paper, kleenex or seat covers. Generally, any paper product that uses lightweight "pressed" paper fibers will go down the pipes. The problems come with using paper towels and things with "woven" paper fibers.

Having had a vacuflush system on our boat for many years I can attest to the above statements.

Mike:)

I get about 4 papers towels and line the seat with them. I'm careful not to let them fall in the toilet. Then I gather them up and throw them away. No squatting for me....:D

Yay! I hope the covers discourage squatting. I've encountered many wet seats/floors in stalls. Yuk! Sometimes it's just not possible to only use the loo in cabin, so hopefully, this will make things more pleasant.

Exactly my feelings! I *hate* it when people squat, no matter how proficient they think they are :P

No seat covers on the Royal two weeks ago

No on this week's Royal sailing.

They were DEFINITELY in the women's bathroom near the Sanctuary pool this last February. !!!

(That's the only public bathroom i used.)

Yes to seat covers on the Diamond three weeks ago. They also have the Japanese style toilets in some of the Ladies public restrooms and some cabins (mini suites and above).

We also for the first time got quilted toilet paper (2 ply) which was a surprise as I also thought that it would block the system but there were no issues at all with system blockages during our cruise.

Interesting! Another change I noticed is that we have those full-size round bars of soap for the sink and shower, instead of those half-thick ones I have had on all Princess cruises for the last year or two.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk