Question for all the women

Dreamer115

On the princess website click on my account at the top click on my princess then go to onboard preferences to the right. you can request shower stool there remember to click save on the bottom

Thanks very much Stavy. I am heading there now to request one.

Connie

Thanks everyone, we are on Coral so no ledge for me. Still interested to know about the shower stool and about the showers at the spa. Anybody know about these.

Connie

The showers are so small that there is barely room for a person in there, much less adding a piece of furniture! On the plus side, though, the bathrooms are also so small that the lid of the toilet is within very easy reach, so it's not like you're straddling a 10-foot space. Pro tip: To reduce the amount of water on the floor, I first aim the showerhead toward the back wall of the shower before I open the curtain and prop up my leg.

I have a question about the shower. Does anyone know if the shower curtain is like a standard shower curtain, that hangs like the ones one might have at home? Or are they special/unique to the cruise ship shower. (Coral Princess)
They're standard shower curtains. Nothing special other than they're smaller than a shower curtain at home since they only cover a small stall rather than a tub/shower combo. There are magnets on the bottom.

To keep the curtain inside the stall, wet the side of stall and stick the curtain to the side. This really works.

Another vote for the toilet seat as a footstool for shaving.

The ledge in the shower on the Regal was very useful.

The designers made a mistake in eliminating the walk around promenade deck, but they did have a good idea when they included that shower shelf.

I am not a small woman and the showers are. Showering is all right but shaving my legs is quite difficult. As there is no bathtub ledge to rest foot on or tub side to sit on, in the past I used an upside down garbage can to rest my foot on while shaving. Is there a better way? I think I saw something mentioned about requesting a shower stool from your steward, does anyone know about this? Are the showers at the spa better for this and are they free? :confused::confused: Thanks for the help.

Connie

I'm a big girl too, I just put my foot in the sink. I'm 5'8" so I'm not sure if that works for shorter people. The toilet seat would work too though.

You ladies are a true hoot with your practicality and willingness to answer. LOL.

For those of us who must be kin to both Sasquatch and Rapunzel somewhere along the line ... meaning that we get hairy fast ... five o'clock shadow on our legs on a daily basis fast ... some of the hair care products on the market run from us in fear. Seriously, band saws and sling blades come to mind when it comes to the hair on my legs. Age is only modifying that a wee little bit.

For years I had to use a man's razor blade because one use with a woman's and it was done for ... or I was, with multiple nicks and cuts. They now make a woman's razor with five blades, just like the male version, only it has that nifty stuff around the blade that seems to be like silicon grease to help the razor pass smoothly over your skin. I can actually go two or three days between shavings now. ROFL!

Anyway, I had to laugh when I saw the topic as it is one that I've had to deal with since hitting puberty. Thank goodness hubby doesn't mind the natural look though it did take him a while to get used to what he calls "piranha legs" in the night. LOL We compromised when I told him to if he didn't get funny about my legs I wouldn't razz him about his mustache and fast growing beard. Ahhhh ... detent.

Thanks very much Stavy. I am heading there now to request one.

Connie

We always go with a mini suite because I need a tub to put a bath seat/bench/stool into and until recently would request one be provided. Now I take my own. The ones on the ship are not always in good condition. Can't say what the seats look like now but in the past they are more like a rectangular bench and not a round stool. If it is the former, have my doubts that it will work for you in the small shower and possibly the same with the latter given the space available. If it has to be outside the shower, might as well use the towel over the toilet as suggested especially if the situation is only for ease of shaving.

Sandy :)

I just sit on the toliet (lid down:D), put some of the spa lotion provided in the bathrooms on my legs and shave away...when done wipe legs. IMHO, much safer and easier than trying to balance yourself in the shower.

I have done something similar!! Easier on the back too.

I do as others have noted--toilet seat lid down, hand towel under my foot, then use the basin and some water for rinsing the blade. Then I use a face towel to wipe my legs off, then jump in the shower. I like the tip about a pool towel for the toilet and to catch extra water. Much neater that way (I have just been using the rug for the floor).

ML

Not a shaving response but a question regarding the bath. We usually have mini suites and I am trying to figure out how you are expected to bathe and reach the shower gel dispenser. Of course, the logical: bring your own, use bar soap, etc. but... what were they thinking?

I use the lid of the toilet seat. Open up the shower curtain a little and then prop my foot on the seat for shaving.

Ditto. Only thing that works for me, but I don't need to shave that often. Of course, there's a bunch of water on the floor afterwards, but that's what the drains are for and lots of towels!

Edited by DrivesLikeMario