LAX to San Pedro private car/shuttle?

Love to Cook!

I know I saw some information on this in a thread, but I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone have a car service they can recommend for transfer from LAX to San Pedro? We don't want to do a shared vehicle. There will be 4 of us with luggage, so it has to be at least an SUV.

Thanks for the help!

We have used Execucar twice in the last year. They provide excellent service from LAX to San Pedro which includes "Meet and Greet" in the luggage area. We also used them from the pier at San Pedro to LAX once and will never use them again going to LAX. They did not show at the agreed upon, contracted time. We made numerous attempts to find the car and spent a great deal of time on the phone with the Execucar office. 2 of our party of four went from car to car asking if it was our ride. The driver was over half an hour late and we feared that we would not make our flight....we did thankfully. The other thing that bothered us was that he texted on his mobile the entire way to LAX and the beep tone sounded like Facebook.

I know this sounds strange, but we would not hesitate to use Execucar from LAX, but we will not use them to LAX. Next time we will cross the street at the pier and get a shuttle or taxi.

We are using Uber for the same trip on May 10. It will be our first experience with Uber, but we have had great recommendations from several people. We just put the app on our phone.

I'm with JudithLynne on this, we used execucar for the first time in Oct and the ride to the pier was great, timely, courteous, helpful - getting back to LAX was a nightmare. He was an hour late, drove past us twice and then expected us to walk to him when he passed us for the third time, was on his phone the whole ride, he got lost and had to ask for directions (really?!) and I thought we were going off the road around a curve he almost missed on the entrance ramp to the freeway, then got in to it with my husband about his tip. calling dispatch was useless, they kept telling me they told him to call me, but he never did.

KimmieCruises:

I am so sorry to hear that you had an identical experience to ours. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, but you have reinforced for me that I will never use them again for the return trip to LAX. Like you, our driver tried to blame us saying that he called 4 times. I asked to see his phone and the only call to us was at 9:20AM, he was to pick us up at 9AM. We did not tip at all and he never said anything. That was smart on his part.

I gave a detailed response to the email Execucar survey when I go home on 3-10, I have not heard anything……..

Judith

I also answered their survey, and called, someone was to call me back and I never heard, decided they weren't worth any more of my efforts, bad news goes far, they really should care about their rep more, but maybe they are that busy they don't need the business.

Other options, and for what we paid, a cab will do just fine.

We have used Super Shuttle a few times now and have always been happy with their service. We used the shared ride service.

Reserved a time on line in advance. Used them to and from LAX and San Pedro.

Edited by ar1950

I know I saw some information on this in a thread, but I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone have a car service they can recommend for transfer from LAX to San Pedro? We don't want to do a shared vehicle. There will be 4 of us with luggage, so it has to be at least an SUV.

Thanks for the help!

Super Shuttle for sure. Do not get a Princess transfer! For 2 people it's $48.38 and that includes the tip. It's a van that will hold up to eight people. You collect your luggage and follow the shuttle signs. If you book on line, give them your phone number and they'll text you when you arrive at the airport. They'll have a van waiting for you or at least within 10 minutes. They'll give you a van #. All you do is acknowledge that you got the text. It's quite an easy smooth operation.

The problem with Super shuttle for me is that I have a bad knee and can't crawl bent over to the back seat of a van. I wonder if in San Pedro, I went over to the SS coordinator and explained my problem if I could get a front seat. My husband could easily crawl into the van. If this was possible, I could make a reservation. It is my understanding that with a copy of your reservation, you will get on a van before those that do not have a reservation. I've also been told that you can request a SS van that only goes to LAX and does not drop people off at private residences in the LA area.

We used onetime1 based on reviews on CC. Would book them again in a heartbeat. Very professional,on time,clean SUV from LAX to San Pedro and clean town car from the port to LAX.

Glad I chose them.

Cost for the SUV and town car was the same-$55 from LA plus a stupid airport pickup charge of $4-not their fault. But 4 people and luggage for that price would do fine in their SUV. Cheaper than awful Super Shuttle(I think) which charges per person,not per vehicle.

Very personal and attentive service.

The problem with Super shuttle for me is that I have a bad knee and can't crawl bent over to the back seat of a van. I wonder if in San Pedro, I went over to the SS coordinator and explained my problem if I could get a front seat. My husband could easily crawl into the van. If this was possible, I could make a reservation. It is my understanding that with a copy of your reservation, you will get on a van before those that do not have a reservation. I've also been told that you can request a SS van that only goes to LAX and does not drop people off at private residences in the LA area.

You can sit in the front seat no problem. It is true that you will get a van if you reserved one. You will go before others that did not. If you leave from the port you will not be dropping people off here and there, you will go directly to the airport. When you booked SS, you give them your flight #, airline and time of your flight. They will get you there as they schedule their pick ups at the port by that. One time recently we were headed from LAX to the ship and we did drop off one guy at his apartment. It wasn't out of the way but on the way. The rest of us went to the ship and another couple went to a ship docked near Princess.

We used to use super shuttle to San Pedro, never had any problems, then had a private car a couple times in orlando and liked that, so that's why we chose execucar from reviews we had seen. Will probably use super shuttle again - or just get a cab. Looked at onetime but they had mixed reviews and I had a hard time getting info from them, will look at them again too.

Thanks elliair for the info, I appreciate knowing that SS would honor my request for a front seat, that makes all the difference.

Next time we disembark in San Pedro, which will be April 2017, we will do walk off ,exit the terminal and cross the street with SS reservation in hand.

Good advice!

Judith

We just got home a few days ago from our cruise on the Ruby Princess, so I hope our recent experience will be useful to you or someone reading this. We used Uber, and we were very satisfied with the price and the service.

Since we were a group of 3 people (and 4 suitcases), we used UberX (seats up to 4) to take us from the cruise port to the Residence Inn LAX. It was as easy as can be. Once we exited the cruise terminal, dh used the app to request a driver. She contacted us almost immediately. She was already near the terminal, so we were loaded into her car and on our way within five minutes. The fare was 24.86. If the trip had included a LAX pick-up (as it would in your case) or drop-off, the cost would have been about 6.00 more because of the airport fee (Uber pays it and passes it along to the customer) and the additional two miles from our hotel to the airport. So, about 32.00, like Vibeguy said, sounds right for UberX from LAX to Long Beach.

I apologize if I am going to repeat something you already know, but I feel compelled to advise you to ask for UberXL instead of UberX unless you don't mind the possibility that one or two of you will wind up riding with luggage on your lap. Even though UberX is supposed to accommodate 4 people and luggage, it might not be the case. The car that took the three of us and our four suitcases from the cruise terminal to LA and the car that took us from our hotel the next day to the airport had enough trunk room for our 3 of our suitcases. The fourth suitcase rode on my husband's lap. In fact, there might have been room for the 4th suitcase in the second driver's car, but he had his Igloo cooler, backpack and tools in the trunk.

SilentPenguin makes the best point about why Uber or Lyft beats a cab or scheduled shuttle: the app shows you precisely where the driver is, an estimated time of arrival, and what kind of vehicle is going to show. I cannot imagine waiting for someone to show up for more than ten minutes past the request time - I would cancel my request and take it up with Uber, while I got a new driver en route.

My assumption is that an UberX is always going to be a Prius - after more than 100 UberX rides, I can still count the number of non-Prius rides on two hands.

My assumption is that an UberX is always going to be a Prius - after more than 100 UberX rides, I can still count the number of non-Prius rides on two hands.

The first driver had a Ford Edge, but I can't say I remember the make of the second car. Maybe it was a Prius.

• 1 month later...
Thinking about doing this by UBER. Any comments from those who have done this? Appreciate advice. Thanks.

We used Uber for 4 adults with luggage in April. We did request UberXL. One was available at LAX quickly outside of luggage claim, traffic was very heavy, but driver was good, car was newer and clean. We then used them after the cruise to get over to Disneyland - had to wait a few minutes but not too long, maybe 10 minutes.. we were some of the last off the ship..great large SUV, again nice driver and good. A few days later used Uber again to get from the Disney area to Santa Ana Airport..again very quick and a good experience. Prices were better than shuttles or cabs. This was our first experience and I would use them again. Each car was able to handle the 4 adults (not small people) 4 large suitcases, and 4 carryons.

I have used Uber from LAX to San Pedro... loved them. $36.00 was my cost. Then tip on top of that.

When you have your luggage, you have to go up 1 level ... between terminals 2 and 3, if my memory serves me correctly.... and look for a sign that says "shared ride"... that is where Uber picks up.

YOu can contact your Uber driver once you get a quote from them... ( by the way... you must have the address of where you are and the address of where you are going).... my Uber driver talked me through the directions of how to find him and it was easy. Great service.

Hope that helps. Would use Uber again for this. Saved alot of money. :)