So, which crusie would you choose?

Which cruise would you choose? Both are for Aug 2017, and both 7 day cruises

Dream out of New Orleans

Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Pride out of Baltimore

Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Freeport

Dream is about $1500 less than Pride. However, we live within an hour of Baltimore. Flights to New Orleans are about $1500 for the 5 of us. So, overall cost is about the same.

We've been to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport.

Have not been to Montego Bay or Grand Turk.

It would be wife and I and 3 kids: 15, 7, and 4.

So, what would you choose?

Which cruise would you choose? Both are for Aug 2017' date=' and both 7 day cruises

Dream out of New Orleans

Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel

Pride out of Baltimore

Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Freeport

Dream is about $1500 less than Pride. However, we live within an hour of Baltimore. Flights to New Orleans are about $1500 for the 5 of us. So, overall cost is about the same.

We've been to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Half Moon Cay, and Freeport.

Have not been to Montego Bay or Grand Turk.

It would be wife and I and 3 kids: 15, 7, and 4.

So, what would you choose?[/quote']

I like Grand Turk much better than Montega Bay and I can never pass up on HMC so I would go with Pride although she is an older ship. Living an hour away, you would also save a night of hotel cost. Cozumel has a lot more to than Freeport but if you've beeen there it may not make a difference to you.

Edited by nednrom

Guess I'm in the minority, but I'd do "Dream". Love the entertainment aboard that ship, (particularly the Black Jack Band,) and love the ship. Also, I prefer the ports that Dream does, although I do have to admit that Half Moon Cay is excellent, and always fun.

Either cruise will be excellent, and I don't think you'll go wrong either way.

"SKY"

I would pick the Dream. I like Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I haven't been to Mo Bay on a cruise just a second honeymoon to Sandals. I prefer the western itinerary over the bahamas. Also you could fly in a day or two early and enjoy New Orleans. We used to take our daughter there when she was younger. Love the Zoo, Aquarium, Insectarium and other kid friendly attractions in NOLA.

The $1500 wouldn't go towards another cruise; it would go right to Southwest.

We can't fly in more that the day before. Wife can only get Mon-Fri off work. Both cruises are Sun-Sun, which is why they work.

If I were to summarize all the replies, it sounds like Pride for ports but Dream for ship (majority, but not universal).

Keep the opinions coming please. We are still deciding.

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad

I would take the pride. Flying to a cruise port with limited time to spend night before or after in the city is a deal breaker for me. We choose to go from Galveston when we are limited on time and trying to save money. We drive down the same day, no bag fees, no hotel stay and no rushing back to get to work. If we had time I like to stay the night before in the city and the day after just to get ready to go back to work. Enjoy the cruise either way, can't beat having any type of cruise vacation.

To me, it looks like everything evens out and brings the decision down to Montego Bay or Grand Turk. Grand Turk wins in my opinion. Plus if you fly to New Orleans, you may have to factor in a hotel, which brings that cost up a tiny bit. Take the Pride!

Probably should have mentioned, we have been on Pride before, but not Dream.

On Pride, we would have either two interiors, or interior and balcony, depends on price difference when we are ready to book.

On Dream, we would probably go with the oceanview deluxe for 5. Two interiors would be about $400 more, and interior and balcony another $300 more.

Booking has to wait until we get confirmation of time off from work.

Edited by PrincessArlena'sDad