Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

I thought the goal was to get to 3000+

Just remember, if and when RCCL modifies the C&A policies because your own people are the ones complaining about crowded and full status lounges, you have already given RCCL your loyality to get too status. Someone will be there to fill your shoes.

3000+

My opinion: If you are really expecting the La-Di-Da treatment, then you are sailing the wrong cruiseline. You need to move on over to the all-inclusive top of the line cruise companies. On Royal and any of the mid-market cruiselines you are not really the target market. If you were, the ships would be built with only suites. As it is, Royal builds their ships for the "masses" who don't sail in suites-or have you not examined their deck plans! The "lower" staterooms are the majority in quantity, and those are the ones Royal has to fill to even break even.

So save your breath and boasting and check out the Crystal forum and see if that suits you better.

3000+

This would be a very poor business model on behalf of RCCL if they felt this way.

3000+

I thought the goal was to get to 3000+

Just remember, if and when RCCL modifies the C&A policies because your own people are the ones complaining about crowded and full status lounges, you have already given RCCL your loyality to get too status. Someone will be there to fill your shoes.

3000+

Flip flops, pal.

So we called the Pinnacle desk and asked if there were going to be changes to C & A that should have started May 1, 2016. "No," she said, "it's all the same rumor that has been going around forever." We will see...

FWIW, there is no Pinnacle desk at C&A. (All calls are now answered by the same group of C&A agents.)

That's fine with me, as long as you give me your seat if lounge is full.

And we are now cruising a lot, so watch out.

3000+ we shall hit

Be careful who you demand the CL seat from. Unless you're in the Royal Suite, someone might "outrank" you. In your world, we should all have our cabin categories stamped on our wrist, with a bouncer at the door of the CL.

Thanks for the laugh! :D

Edited by travelgoddess1

So we called the Pinnacle desk and asked if there were going to be changes to C & A that should have started May 1, 2016. "No," she said, "it's all the same rumor that has been going around forever." We will see...

If you have the number to the Pinnacle Club Desk, there are many of us that would love to have it.

Sure, there are seats. But you'll have to get there by 11:30AM to stake your claim for the 4:30PM happy hour. You are up against a wily and patient foe, with bladders of steel that belie their age.

That's advice worth every penny that it cost.

I love these rant posts of who should be treated better than others. My DW and I have only once had a problem finding a seat in the CL and that one time we got our drink and went right outside the lounge and enjoyed a nice quiet drink between ourselves.

Funny thing was the CL staff came out on several occasions to see if we had enough in our glasses and we didn't have to listen to the who is better than the other in status. Not saying its everyone, but I just get so tired of listening to those that think they deserve more than others because they has so many cruise points. (And don't get me going on that issue).

BTW, my DW and I always stay in a suite are D+ C&A members and always purchase the drink package so if we don't get a seat in the CL its ok. We can find other places to have a nice quiet drink.

BTW, I am not giving up our secret of when the best time to go to the CL is. LOL!!!!! Well I got that off my chest!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

Smitty

I really feel most of this has to do with FREE DRINKS

3000+

No not really.

DH and DD bought drink package.

I enjoy one pre dinner cocktail and or champagne.

Two drinks for me and I start yawning.

DH usually gets his drink in CL that is not one of the free ones included.

So he uses his drink package.

Enjoy, we do.

What was you original screen name? I have a couple of guesses but will let you tell us.

Hum.... Just signed up last week. The lady and I, just started to cruise seriously. We had been taking care of a family member the past three years, unfortunatly he passed early this year.

I retired recently and she has about 10 years left. We have found that cruising is one of the best ways to relax and for her to get away from the business. We love turning off our phones and could care less about VOOM or phone service. We use our phones only for pictures.

She has about 40 nights on RCCL and I have just over 30. With out currently booked cruises, we will have and additional 86 points for staying in GS. For her, that will be 126 points by Dec 2017. We were booking Balconies until Majesty. We were very disappointed with the small cabin but still had a awesome time. We spend very little time in the cabin. We are good people. I worked hard to get where I am. She shares ownership with her partners in her business.

We really could care less about FREE drinks as we always purchase a drink package. PP for me and UP for her as she loves speciality coffees and teas.

Actually, we seldom spend anytime in the lounges as we stay pretty busy on the cruises with other things. We have cruised with my brother and his wife and both are P's. I know they like the exclusiveness of the DL, but they generally book a suite and DO NOT buy a drink a package. They buy their drinks off the ship in Ports of Call.

Most serious or regular cruisers booking Suites will have D or D+ status in a short period of time due to double points. There is a distinct difference between a JS and a GS, in benefits onboard as well as cabin/cruise expense/cost. What kind of business model would it be if RCCL doesn't cater to their Suite guest?? I dealt with a high end budget as a high level manager for years. As much as we loved those customers that were loyal/repeat to our company, the whole deal was the bottom line profitbilty by QTR and finally that year. After year end, then it was all about the next year and each QTR, not last year. If RCCL loses site of its high end customers, then their shareholders will have issues.

Someone suggested we choose a "higher end" cruise line. We choose RCCL, first because we like them over CCL, second for convenience and caliber of guest aboard. Disney is full of kids. We can travel and be aboard in Port Canaveral injust over a hour, Ft Lauderdale and Tampa around 3 hours and Miami about 4. Life is good here. Beaches are 15 minutes away. No snow.

I have been involved in other mileage/night rewards programs, airlines/hotels/rental cars, etc. They all change and adjust often to fit the business plan and profitability for that company. RCCL should reward their frequent traveler regardless of cabin type, but if they loose site of their Suites travelers, their business and profitbilty will suffer. If they suffer , it will affect all rewards plans. RCCL needs both types of cruiser to make everyone's life better. We are not bad people, probably more like you than you think. All need to get along. How would you suggest RCCL handle their Suites cruisers??

3000+ here we come.

Be careful who you demand the CL seat from. Unless you're in the Royal Suite, someone might "outrank" you. In your world, we should all have our cabin categories stamped on our wrist, with a bouncer at the door of the CL.

Thanks for the laugh! :D

Not doing RS, unless of course we could find a piano player. Elton John maybe??

3000+ soon

I'm in it for the drinks. If I meet nice and interesting people, or real life clowns, that is a bonus.

See, it is about the FREE DRINKS. How does that help RCCL bottom line. They make a TON of money on drinks.

3000+ will be a milestone. I will be famous. Love you people.