Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

RCCL needs both types of cruiser to make everyone's life better. We are not bad people, probably more like you than you think. All need to get along. How would you suggest RCCL handle their Suites cruisers??

3000+ here we come.

Ok, who are you and what did you do with the other troykahack?

See, it is about the FREE DRINKS. How does that help RCCL bottom line. They make a TON of money on drinks.

3000+ will be a milestone. I will be famous. Love you people.

You asked, I answered. No shame in that for me.

I'm also a big proponent of RCI catering to suite guests, even though I am not one. I believe for the money they pay they are entitled to additional benefits and services.

But that doesn't mean anyone can walk up to me and claim the seat I am in. I'd laugh so hard I'd get the tingles. :)

I'm also a big proponent of RCI catering to suite guests, even though I am not one. I believe for the money they pay they are entitled to additional benefits and services.

But that doesn't mean anyone can walk up to me and claim the seat I am in. I'd laugh so hard I'd get the tingles. :)

Well said! :)

I get the tingles when I read folk talking like they actually have anything to do with or say about RCI's bottom line. RCI is a successful for profit company that doesn't need the sympathies of the silly people like myself and these other folk. :):):)

Did you mean "tinkles" ?? ;)

Be careful who you demand the CL seat from. Unless you're in the Royal Suite, someone might "outrank" you. In your world, we should all have our cabin categories stamped on our wrist, with a bouncer at the door of the CL.

Thanks for the laugh! :D

Forehead. ;)

For those of you referring to the CL, I believe that Royal Caribbean is moving away from the CL and there will now be a Diamond Lounge and a Suite Lounge. The Suite Lounge is for the gold card holders (suite guests and Pinnacle members). The Diamond Lounge is for those who are Diamond and Diamond Plus. Finding a seat was not that hard ...

aeDSC_7631_zpspfyrcw7s.jpg

afDSC_7634_zpsl8lthirt.jpg

agDSC_7636_zpstmdbx9kb.jpg

ahDSC_7638_zps8ujfqwlk.jpg

Someone suggested we choose a "higher end" cruise line. We choose RCCL, first because we like them over CCL, second for convenience and caliber of guest aboard. Disney is full of kids. We can travel and be aboard in Port Canaveral injust over a hour, Ft Lauderdale and Tampa around 3 hours and Miami about 4. Life is good here. Beaches are 15 minutes away. No snow. QUOTE]

None you have named are "higher end" cruise lines. I believe Regent out of Miami would better fit your cruise expectations. No more mingling with the masses. All would probably meet your expectation of "caliber of guests." you would not have the difficulty of resting a chair in a lounge from other passengers.

I am not sure they issue Gold cards anymore.....we just got off the Oasis and our card was burgundy red.

Pinnacle guests will get white sea pass cards!

The colored ones are for the different class of suites!

This colored card system is for Oasis and Quantum Class ships with the new Royal Suite Class: Star, Sky, and Sea. All other ships issue the gold cards for Suites/Pinnacles.

This colored card system is for Oasis and Quantum Class ships with the new Royal Suite Class: Star, Sky, and Sea. All other ships issue the gold cards for Suites/Pinnacles.

OIC.. It was strange not having a gold card....but the red one was sure pretty

Do the Diamond and Suite lounges vary in sizes and amenities across the different classes of ships; Quantum, Oasis, Freedom, Voyager?

Do the smaller classes have one or two of the lounges; Radiance, Vision, Sovereign?

If it gets bad enough, Majesty of the Seas could be re-tasked to trail a bigger ship and provide overflow for the two lounges! :D

I believe they have completed adding CL's and DL's to all of those classes.

For those of you referring to the CL, I believe that Royal Caribbean is moving away from the CL and there will now be a Diamond Lounge and a Suite Lounge. The Suite Lounge is for the gold card holders (suite guests and Pinnacle members). The Diamond Lounge is for those who are Diamond and Diamond Plus. Finding a seat was not that hard ...

Nice pics. Thank you

Your pix were from the Liberty? When did you take them? (outside area looks great!)

While I was on the ship. :) The cruise was April 10 to 17, 2016.

Edited by Cuizer2

Looks like they completely closed off the area where you could go outside through

the sliding glass door from the DL. Did not use it anyway, but some seemed to enjoy

using it on our last Freedom cruise. It was actually rather annoying to have that slider

open with the wind blowing stuff all over the place inside while under way.

Edited by island lady

Looks like they completely closed off the area where you could go outside through

the sliding glass door from the DL. Did not use it anyway, but some seemed to enjoy

using it on our last Freedom cruise. It was actually rather annoying to have that slider

open with the wind blowing stuff all over the place inside while under way.

On LOS, the patio area off the DL is closed due to installation of the scrubbers - this is the only access point for construction workers. Last word - to be closed until sometime in Jan 2017.

Carla

We love turning off our phones and could care less about VOOM or phone service.

I found the problem guys! It's not spending $1,000,000 a cruise that is making him this upset over the seat.

It's being on the wrong side of the caring continuum!

caring.png