Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

I bet someone will just jump up and give us a seat. LOL maybe by force.... not from me...

You may have spent $50k to get your status but what about the folks that pay $10-15k each suite and buy drink package and tons of excursions. I will complain if we don't get a seat. We will spend that and more in a year. Who should RCCL cater too....

Watch out for people like us, we are now cruising at least 4 times a year. I just retired and my better half will soon, and then.....

Bring it on....

Now that I got the Status folks fired up, here we come record 3000

Whatever!!!

I am 53............... NOT Retired!!! and have already been cruising a minimum of four times a year since 2003. 50 k is conservative.. Id rather not know the true amount honestly.

Have been buying the drink page since it first became available .....But I still like to visit the Cl Dl and SL a couple of times each cruise. Its a really nice perk..... Do I feel entitled??? YOU BETCHA

Whatever!!!

I am 53............... NOT Retired!!! and have already been cruising a minimum of four times a year since 2003. 50 k is conservative.. Id rather not know the true amount honestly.

Have been buying the drink page since it first became available .....But I still like to visit the Cl Dl and SL a couple of times each cruise. Its a really nice perk..... Do I feel entitled??? YOU BETCHA

That's fine with me, as long as you give me your seat if lounge is full.

And we are now cruising a lot, so watch out.

3000+ we shall hit

Yes we will, 6 booked and looking to fill a couple more slots between now and Dec 2017. We love to cruise, watch out for us. Who cares about status, we don't

3000 here we come

Yawn! :rolleyes:

Sounds like a lot of hot air...

Nonetheless, I'll give you my seat if and when you reach 350 points Ill also fetch you some concierge munchies...You've got some cruisen to do till then.

Trust me, RCCL will adjust the status before they start running Suite guests out of the lounges. You better worry as we are already writing a letter.

3000+

Edited by troykahack

You sleepy, what does a yawn have to do with Status and treatment.

3000+ here we come. You D, D+, & P's are willing to defend your status to the end

Nah! Not sleepy, just bored with your pompous conversation. Better things to do I guess. :p

Sounds like a lot of hot air...

Nonetheless, I'll give you my seat if and when you reach 350 points Ill also fetch you some concierge munchies...You've got some cruisen to do till then.

Are you a business person? If a couple will book $50k in cabins excluding packages or excursions in two years, and you did it in 10+ years, who should RCCL take care of??

3000+

Edited by troykahack

So we called the Pinnacle desk and asked if there were going to be changes to C & A that should have started May 1, 2016. "No," she said, "it's all the same rumor that has been going around forever." We will see...

So we called the Pinnacle desk and asked if there were going to be changes to C & A that should have started May 1, 2016. "No," she said, "it's all the same rumor that has been going around forever." We will see...

I heard same thing but the same folks assured me that Suite guest would ALWAYS have a seat, especially if they are paying for their drinks.

3000+

I bet someone will just jump up and give us a seat. LOL maybe by force.... not from me...

You may have spent $50k to get your status but what about the folks that pay $10-15k each suite and buy drink package and tons of excursions. I will complain if we don't get a seat. We will spend that and more in a year. Who should RCCL cater too....

Watch out for people like us, we are now cruising at least 4 times a year. I just retired and my better half will soon, and then.....

Bring it on....

Now that I got the Status folks fired up, here we come record 3000

Are you sure you didn't mean to say "avoid people like us"?

Will you?

I rarely go in the lounge during happy hour so you are going to have to find someone else's seat to plop your butt in.

Hello

If one books top of line cabins, ie suites, they should get the equal or best treatment regardless of their status.

Who or what is Super Mario??

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Thank you for your valuable contributions.

I heard same thing but the same folks assured me that Suite guest would ALWAYS have a seat, especially if they are paying for their drinks.

3000+

My opinion: If you are really expecting the La-Di-Da treatment, then you are sailing the wrong cruiseline. You need to move on over to the all-inclusive top of the line cruise companies. On Royal and any of the mid-market cruiselines you are not really the target market. If you were, the ships would be built with only suites. As it is, Royal builds their ships for the "masses" who don't sail in suites-or have you not examined their deck plans! The "lower" staterooms are the majority in quantity, and those are the ones Royal has to fill to even break even.

So save your breath and boasting and check out the Crystal forum and see if that suits you better.

Who or what is Super Mario??

Shucks, you've got all that money and have to hang around work-a-day folks who stay in balconies (at best) like me. You can't have my seat in the lounge but you ARE welcome to join us if you like dirty jokes, and my wife is real easy on the eyes (looking is free, touching will cost you)

I know Ormond Beach is a sleepy snowbird community and all but Mario has been around since 1981 and has appeared in over 200 video games. This is commonly known....you must be pulling our leg.

SuperMarioart.png

3000+

Sure, there are seats. But you'll have to get there by 11:30AM to stake your claim for the 4:30PM happy hour. You are up against a wily and patient foe, with bladders of steel that belie their age.

That's advice worth every penny that it cost.

50K for 365 points? That's the cost of three cruises!

50k for three cruises? I am obviously doing something wrong, as I got to Diamond for under 10k... If I include when DH joined me, maybe 16k. And I enjoyed every minute, I might add. Well, except for standing in line to disembark. So, if I live long enough to make it to 365 points, I expect it will cost me around 40k.

Super Mario was a recent news item in our little hometown newspaper here on the Treasure Coast of Florida.

Mario actually lives aboard RCCL cruise ships. He has a condo but seldom uses it. Aboard ship, he uses inside cabins but daily routine keeps him in the public areas most of the day. The article mentioned he has already booked 50 weeks on Freedom of the Seas starting with the move to Fort Lauderdale in November.

If I ever become a widower, I plan to be Super MarioII or something similar. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/images/editor/smilie.gif