Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Going into a lounge to meet and congregate as we enjoy before dinner drinks and

"happy-tisers" is nothing new. Look at many fine hotels, resorts, restaurants,

etc. Many wait in the lounge before they go in to dinner. Even at home we sit

on the back porch, watch the birds at the feeder, have a before dinner drink and

enjoy talking about our day. Also traveling in our motor home, we sit out on

the "patio" with before dinner cocktails (and watch the birds again...entertainment ;)).

Being able to do that with like minded people on the ship in a quiet setting (no music

blaring from the lounge band) with happy-tisers and free drinks at that, is a

true perk for us. We have met some really wonderful people with relationships

that continue.

We rarely ever use our vouchers, many a couple times during the cruise

just to bring in a glass to dinner if we have to wait for our table.

I would hate to lose either the lounge or the drinks that have the waitstaff

come up, remember your drink of choice, serve you, and make you feel special.

A fond thank you to those wonderful DL/CL bartenders/wait staff. :)

Edited by island lady

So how about they get rid of the drinks in the lounge and we get three drinks a day, any time of the day you want it, and any drink you want up to like maybe a $15.00 price limit and you pay the difference if the price is higher?

And if people want to hang out in the lounge just take the drink that you just got from a bar and bring it in there. This would clear the staff serving drinks in the lounge to work elsewhere on the ship and save RCI the expense of staffing the lounge.

I'm in for getting rid of the drinks in the lounge and having vouchers instead, however I think it should be:

D = 3 vouchers

D+ = 4

P = 6

Doesn't matter to me if they are to be used daily or during a designated happy hour.

Whether or not you use all the vouchers in one day is entirely your own business.

on the back porch, watch the birds at the feeder, have a before dinner drink and

the "patio" with before dinner cocktails (and watch the birds again...entertainment ;)).

Being able to do that with like minded people on the ship in a quiet setting (no music

that continue.

So your option is that nothing should change and I don't think anyone is arguing the point that RCI should maybe just leave things alone. I think the point is that if things have to change what would be reasonable alternatives that we could all live with.

So your option is that nothing should change and I don't think anyone is arguing the point that RCI should maybe just leave things alone. I think the point is that if things have to change what would be reasonable alternatives that we could all live with.

This was simply in response to others that would not mind giving up the drinks in

the lounge and just using the vouchers through the ship. Does not work for me,

but hey...just my thoughts. This is one of the perks that helps keeps me loyal to Royal.

I don't feel like running around to one of the bars to buy a drink and bring it into the lounge (IMHO).

Kind of like running up to the WJ to bring your food into the dining room. ;)

Edited by island lady

I agree 100%. This is the "perk" that would be a deal breaker for me. I enjoy this atmosphere and have met my closest cruising friends in the lounges.

This is what sets Royal apart from many other cruise lines. I wouldn't want to have to go "fetch" my own drinks (using my vouchers), and risk losing my seat or interrupting a great conversation. I know this will sound snobby, as I would not be affected, but I do think the lounges should be reserved for Diamond Plus levels and above. Diamonds could be free to enjoy their drink vouchers and this may give them an incentive to advance to Diamond Plus. This is just my personal opinion, for what it's worth. 😕

Not sure what happened here, but I was trying to quote Island Lady's post.

that continue.

Edited by TheHappyWanderers

that continue.

Couldn't have said it better my friend! I know that some of my favorite Hotel Directors and F&B Managers feel the same about their loyal guests. Unfortunately the bean counters don't always listen to them.

Since the voucher system of three drinks on your SeaPass during "Happy Hour" times was put into affect I have used it less than a handful of times. Much rather go to the Lounge and mingle/chat with cruise friends!

Couldn't have said it better my friend! I know that some of my favorite Hotel Directors and F&B Managers feel the same about their loyal guests. Unfortunately the bean counters don't always listen to them.

Since the voucher system of three drinks on your SeaPass during "Happy Hour" times was put into affect I have used it less than a handful of times. Much rather go to the Lounge and mingle/chat with cruise friends!

Thanks Ian! You and me both! Bucky and I hope to enjoy an evening with you and Linda in the

CL/DL doing just that on a future cruise! :)

Edited by island lady

I know this will sound snobby, as I would not be affected, but I do think the lounges should be reserved for Diamond Plus levels and above. Diamonds could be free to enjoy their drink vouchers and this may give them an incentive to advance to Diamond Plus.

I have a better idea. How about they reserve the lounge for Pinnacles and give YOU and incentive to advance.:rolleyes:

I have a better idea. How about they reserve the lounge for Pinnacles and give YOU and incentive to advance.:rolleyes:

If they made the lounge available only to Suites Guests and Pinnacle Club Members, that would make the policy consistent with that of Celebrity.

WAIT !!!! Did I just equate a RCI policy with consistency, in the same sentence?? We all KNOW that will never happen :) :D

Of course, if they did make that change, they could then up the pricing on Suites, just like Celebrity did.

N Ray H

If they made the lounge available only to Suites Guests and Pinnacle Club Members, that would make the policy consistent with that of Celebrity.

WAIT !!!! Did I just equate a RCI policy with consistency, in the same sentence?? We all KNOW that will never happen :) :D

Of course, if they did make that change, they could then up the pricing on Suites, just like Celebrity did.

N Ray H

The suites and Pinnacles can have the suite lounge and the rest of us can have a good time in the DL without the snooties..... and salivate over future advancement.;):D:D:D

The suites and Pinnacles can have the suite lounge and the rest of us can have a good time in the DL without the snooties..... and salivate over future advancement.;):D:D:D

Easy there tiger.;) Ha, I'd see you for dinner at the WJ anyhow.:p

Edited by A&L_Ont

Actually the last time we did Radiance in Alaska (typically low numbers of high

brows) the small group from the suites in the CL, according to our DL concierge,

were envious of the good time they could hear going on across the hallway that

we were having in the DL. ;)

Really curious to see what (or if) any changes from four years ago, same Radiance

cruise, would be. We indeed enjoyed the DL over the CL on that one. Great view! :D

Edited by island lady

Actually, I noticed he is advertising himself as being Pinnacle. Suddenly staying out of the lounge doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

She. And you would be missing a rip-roaring good time if you went out of your way to avoid her and her DH.

We have a great time whether we're in the CL, DL or floating around the ship, with our without coupons. We are in the lounges less and less over time because they are almost always over-crowded and my idea of a good time generally isn't shouting to be heard over the din of a bunch of rowdy people who are old enough to know better (I sometimes fall into that category myself;)).

that continue.

Both posts pretty much mirror our thoughts! We do the lounge for the snacks and primarily the people! Mr Ski doesn't drink (except a sip of wine at dinner) and I usually have one drink (maybe 2). We would miss the social aspect of the lounge as we would not be going to the other bars for drinks. Don't care that much about drinking and they are usually too loud with music nearby!