Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

That says a lot about the folks who take longer cruises. I knew some other folks on your cruise -- Kathy and Alex (screen name DETT). Were a lot of the passengers from FL?

Yes, many from FL. The 10/11 itinerary is a nice way to do the Southern Carib,

without having to fly to Puerto Rico. Though I detest that traffic to get to Ft.

Lauderdale from up here. :( Doing it again this February, but my sister is

driving....now THAT is a scary thought!! She is a crazy doctor at the wheel,

and scares the crap out of me!! :eek:

Edited by island lady

Yes, many from FL. The 10/11 itinerary is a nice way to do the Southern Carib,

without having to fly to Puerto Rico. Though I detest that traffic to get to Ft.

Lauderdale from up here. :( Doing it again this February, but my sister is

driving....now THAT is a scary thought!! She is a crazy doctor at the wheel,

and scares the crap out of me!! :eek:

Many would love to have this issue,. I now consider myself lucky I can drive 8 hours to Port Canaveral, 11 to Ft. Lauderdale.

On a M&M thread, I "complained" about having to drive 8 hours to PC, only to be challenged by a fellow passenger who had to travel 20 hours or fly a family of 5. We've toyed with the idea of a vacation or rental place in Cocoa Beach, but have not actively searched yet.

Enjoy your proximity to cruise ports.

M

Many would love to have this issue,. I now consider myself lucky I can drive 8 hours to Port Canaveral, 11 to Ft. Lauderdale.

On a M&M thread, I "complained" about having to drive 8 hours to PC, only to be challenged by a fellow passenger who had to travel 20 hours or fly a family of 5. We've toyed with the idea of a vacation or rental place in Cocoa Beach, but have not actively searched yet.

M

If you aren't in any hurry, I'd wait for next bubble burst. Prices are getting crazy high again.

M

Thanks!

That being said, my next two (and not cheap at that!! :eek:) are to Alaska. Not all of the

cruises we take are Florida embarkations. Obviously Florida is the furthest away state in

the union to get to an Alaskan port. We are flying into Anchorage for our Seward embarkation.

DH wants to do some cruises out of Australia and New Zealand someday

in the future. Another long airplane ride.

I would still rather fly to a port than that traffic to get from here to Ft. Lauderdale.

One nice thing about flying into that port, the airport is close enough to see the ships

from there!

Edited by island lady

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but this is a big thread.

We were told on our cruise earlier this month that what is happening will be No more evening event in Diamond Lounge, it will be vouchers only. This was on the Rhapsody, were we took over the entire Shall We Dance lounge every night.

Everyone Diamond and Diamond Plus will still have access to lounge, but they will not have a special reception with the food and service anymore.

They mentioned nothing about changing breakfast or access during the day for the better coffee maker and such.

We were told on our cruise earlier this month that what is happening will be No more evening event in Diamond Lounge, it will be vouchers only. This was on the Rhapsody, were we took over the entire Shall We Dance lounge every night.

Everyone Diamond and Diamond Plus will still have access to lounge, but they will not have a special reception with the food and service anymore.

They mentioned nothing about changing breakfast or access during the day for the better coffee maker and such.

OK, here we go. Wind er up. Wait just one while I get some more coffee. This should be good for at least the morning.

OK, here we go. Wind er up. Wait just one while I get some more coffee. This should be good for at least the morning.

I'm ready as well

popcorn-7.jpg.17822fd5ecbf1242688f0d3333d9cee0.jpg

We were told on our cruise earlier this month that what is happening will be No more evening event in Diamond Lounge, it will be vouchers only. This was on the Rhapsody, were we took over the entire Shall We Dance lounge.

Hmmmm.....I wonder what happened to that crowd- just came off Rhapsody on Monday and don't remember a day when there was anyone outside of the DL. And of course none of what you heard was mentioned on our sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And I thought this thread was on life support. :eek:

Oh, and it's lunch over here. ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

OK - I'll bite - told by whom??

OK - I'll bite - told by whom??

The bar staff who were working in the Diamond Lounge. They told us, that they had been told the evening receptions in the Diamond lounge would be ending soon (well, the drink service would be ending), and that we would just use our 3 drinks on voucher

Edited by smoosh21

Here's my guess...

By another passenger on the ship who heard it from a bartender, who heard it from an assistant waiter on a different ship.

It was the bar staff themselves. They told us that they had been told it was ending soon, in the Diamond lounge. just the evening receptions. They would no longer be serving drinks in Diamond Lounge in the evening.

So, I guess I am now that guest who heard it from the Bar Staff who is passing this information on to other passengers.

And I actually hadn't put much stock in it until I read this post

Edited by smoosh21

I wish if RCI were going to do this they'd just do it and get it over with. We'd like to try some other cruise lines for variety, but we're on the bleeding edge because the loyalty benefits with RCI are so good. If they take away the lounge then we'd likely consider other options more. The benefits would still be good because of the 3 drink vouchers, but our experiences is the drinks you get with those vouchers are not nearly as good as the ones in the Diamond Club. The whole experience, and drinks, would be diluted.

A mixed blessing for us because we love RCI, but we are really tired of the same old places the ships always go (I know big first world problem).

Tom

The bar staff who were working in the Diamond Lounge. They told us, that they had been told the evening receptions in the Diamond lounge would be ending soon, and that we would just use our 3 drinks on voucher

It was the bar staff themselves. They told us that they had been told it was ending soon, in the Diamond lounge. just the evening receptions. They would no longer be serving drinks in Diamond Lounge in the evening.

So, I guess I am now that guest who heard it from the Bar Staff who is passing this information on to other passengers.

Just joking. :)

For me this is just a rumor, not even sure if the your bar staff source is reliable unless someone else besides you is validating this info and came from another ship.

One single post from one person only is not yet convincing.

I wish if RCI were going to do this they'd just do it and get it over with. We'd like to try some other cruise lines for variety, but we're on the bleeding edge because the loyalty benefits with RCI are so good. If they take away the lounge then we'd likely consider other options more. The benefits would still be good because of the 3 drink vouchers, but our experiences is the drinks you get with those vouchers are not nearly as good as the ones in the Diamond Club. The whole experience, and drinks, would be diluted.

A mixed blessing for us because we love RCI, but we are really tired of the same old places the ships always go (I know big first world problem).

Tom

Makes no difference with Wine. Same bottles in both places. Just top ups in the CL/DL.

That maybe why they were using sea pass cards to be swiped for each drink poured in the DL recently on a ship? Keeping track of the # of drinks? Then if they are stronger than the Lounges do, they are using up more? Same with the wine and top ups. All adds up for RCL.

Edited by CVU

For me this is just a rumor, not even sure if the your bar staff source is reliable unless someone else besides you is validating this info and came from another ship.

One single post from one person only is not yet convincing.

I understand. I dismissed what the barmaids said while on the ship, even though they were pretty insistent it was going to happen.

It didn't sound like they were making things up because when I asked about the concierge lounge, or access to Diamond lounge at other times of day, they said they didn't know anything else.

I only put weight into it when I saw this post and thought that maybe what they said was true.

Hmmm. So we won't make just D's unhappy and kick them out - we'll just stop serving drinks and make everyone unhappy.

This seems less likely to me as a scenario

I don't know...doesn't sound that crazy to me. can't figure out who to kick out, so kick out no one, just make it unappealing to go.

I understand. I dismissed what the barmaids said while on the ship, even though they were pretty insistent it was going to happen.

It didn't sound like they were making things up because when I asked about the concierge lounge, or access to Diamond lounge at other times of day, they said they didn't know anything else.

I only put weight into it when I saw this post and thought that maybe what they said was true.

Please keep in mind that the bar staff in the DL rotates out every cruise on most ships. Not the same people each week. So I am unlikely to put stock in what "your" waiters said.