Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

I just got off Serenade last Sunday and have heard none of this, in fact the DL on that ship has one of the most generous pours I've experienced. And seapass are not being asked per drink in the lounge.

This rumor that the happy hour is going away is the worst so far, even worse than the rumor kicking out the Diamonds only from the DL as this affects us all, even Pinnacles.

Having the only 3 drinks per seapass will greatly reduce that time where all diamonds are up are drawn to one place due to the free drinks, where like minded individuals meet and make new friends, contacts, chat and share information with each other.

This will just scatter us to different bars of the ship and removes the venue where we can potentially meet every night to gain new friends.

Recall outside the happy hours, the Diamond lounge is mostly empty and quiet. So if they remove it, it will be likely that way the entire sailing.

This nightly Diamond happy hour is what makes me sail RCCL often compared to other cruise lines like NCL even if their fares are cheaper... I just sailed NCL again after 2 years and I do miss that nightly happy hour had I sailed with RCCL, same with other lines. So if this is taken away, then there is already no major difference of the loyal program between RCCL vs other lines.

Edited by roquejo

I agree... what we are getting here are a bunch of rumors that cannot be substantiated.

The only thing that came true is the Welcome Back party is indeed gone.. I got a letter during embarkation day in my last Serenade sailing saying they have removed this party since May 1.

I'm done with this thread. Bunch of nonsense, yet I keep clicking on it in hopes of finding something substantial. There is nothing of substance. Time to go.

It's like that car wreck you can't help but look.:eek:

Biker, who foresees this thread going on for a bit longer.

Regarding the lounge rumor....So many have posted that it is not (really) the free drinks that folks want, it is the place to meet and chat with others. Seems this recent rumor supports just that concept. The lounge will still be there, with a place to chat with others who enjoy cruising. Isn't that what folks said was the real benefit of the lounge? (This falls under - Be careful what you wish for).

We have not stopped visiting the lounges, but on many evenings have just used a voucher around the ship. Yes the pours might not be as generous and a glass if wine might not be topped off, but it was the rare occasion we used all three vouchers anyway. If we need another pour, we'll use another voucher.

We are morning people and do enjoy a quiet, and almost empty lounge for a light breakfast and coffee.

I hope the lounge remains, and naturally with ALL the current benefits. Long time cruisers continue to see changes in the cruising industry and RCCL. I am sure there will be more changes to come. Some good, and some not so good!

M

Regarding the lounge rumor....So many have posted that it is not (really) the free drinks that folks want, it is the place to meet and chat with others. Seems this recent rumor supports just that concept. The lounge will still be there, with a place to chat with others who enjoy cruising. Isn't that what folks said was the real benefit of the lounge? (This falls under - Be careful what you wish for).

We have not stopped visiting the lounges, but on many evenings have just used a voucher around the ship. Yes the pours might not be as generous and a glass if wine might not be topped off, but it was the rare occasion we used all three vouchers anyway. If we need another pour, we'll use another voucher.

We are morning people and do enjoy a quiet, and almost empty lounge for a light breakfast and coffee.

I hope the lounge remains, and naturally with ALL the current benefits. Long time cruisers continue to see changes in the cruising industry and RCCL. I am sure there will be more changes to come. Some good, and some not so good!

M

I agree. I hope any lounge changes are minor and go unnoticed by most. :) We are undergoing some changes at the complex where we live, and are not happy, but it's inevitable. And we share the same thought -- be careful what you wish for. :eek:

M

You make good points. It's a better idea that kicking the Diamonds out.

If they wanted to be nice, in hopes of making less people angry, they could make the vouchers unlimited during the nightly happy hour. The majority of people wouldn't drink more than about 3 anyway, and it would essentially be what they were doing in the DL.

BREAKING NEWS:

Prince has died. In other news, Michael Jackson is also dead. So is Kurt Cobain.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I still prefer 'Generalisimo Francisco Franco is still dead.'

You make good points. It's a better idea that kicking the Diamonds out.

If they wanted to be nice, in hopes of making less people angry, they could make the vouchers unlimited during the nightly happy hour. The majority of people wouldn't drink more than about 3 anyway, and it would essentially be what they were doing in the DL.

We Ds were kicked out mid-cruise and it was not nice!

Having the lounge is a huge plus. The coffee machine and a quiet place to find a seat and mingle.

Then if they did that, would there be a Concierge?

Having some extra vouchers for a drink maybe all that would be needed for those where 3 is not enough. 3 wine is my limit in an evening though!

I'm done with this thread. Bunch of nonsense, yet I keep clicking on it in hopes of finding something substantial. There is nothing of substance. Time to go.

There is substance. If you re-read the original post:

1. "No more Welcome Back" has been reported many times within this thread

2. "Meal with an Officer" for only D+with 340 or more pts=again verified on this thread.

3. "Pinnacles will have a meal at the Captain's table or a specialty restaurant with the Captain or HD." Also reported several times and verified.

4. "No changes in Tier or point structure"=nothing has reportedly changed.

5. "Some other benefits for D+ and Pinnacles" but not details available. D+ and Pinnacles receive "other" benefits that are not widely known, listed, or spoken about as many of us individually know.

The last comment regarding "SL->CL on all ships imminent" was a personal opine-never stated as fact from the OP.

I think this thread is advantageous even moving forward as it is a place to relay and learn of on-going changes on specific ships in Royal and how each ship treats its C&A members.

Edited by gadaboutgal
sp

Having the lounge is a huge plus. The coffee machine and a quiet place to find a seat and mingle.

I'm confused? When were you kicked out, and from where? Are you speaking of the CL?

My post was directed at the possibility of the elimination of the happy hour in the Diamond Lounge. Not the lounge itself. Everything about the lounge would stay the same (concierge, coffee, the social aspect, etc), there just wouldn't be a happy hour in there. Instead, one would use their free drink vouchers at other bars during the set hours, but still have the DL for other uses. Personally, I find this the best solution.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

M

I'm in it for the free drinks:D:eek::p

I'm confused? When were you kicked out, and from where? Are you speaking of the CL?

Prior to September 1, 2009, the CL was for D/D+/SUite Guests. Diamond Members lost their CL privileges on September 1, 2009. When enough emails were sent to Corporate........the Diamond Event was initiated on all ships that, at that time, did not have a Diamond Lounge.

Edited by cruisenfever