"Secret" Emerald Perks???

Just wondering if there are any perks/benefits I am missing out on with my current Emerald status. I know if you are diamond or above you get three free drinks per night which is not listed on the "coupon" sheet in the room. Also, I heard diamond plus and above get a free bag of laundry. Just want to make sure I am not missing out on any perks as Emerald status.

Just wondering if there are any perks/benefits I am missing out on with my current Emerald status. I know if you are diamond or above you get three free drinks per night which is not listed on the "coupon" sheet in the room. Also, I heard diamond plus and above get a free bag of laundry. Just want to make sure I am not missing out on any perks as Emerald status.

The perks you mentioned are not secret, they show up in the coupon list and welcome letter that comes in the stateroom.

You can find the Emerald coupons here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2337130

Those sheets say nothing about free bag of laundry or three free drinks per night for D, D+ and P... It seems like a lot of that is by word of mouth/experience. So I am curious if Emerald has anything like that.

You must not be seeing coupon number 1205, One Free $30 Wash & Fold bag.

The 3 drinks per evening are not coupons but are a perk of Diamond and above. They are not secret, but are described in a letter that Diamond level and higher guests receive in their stateroom.

There are no other benefits for Emerald other than what is listed on Royal's website linked below and the coupons linked above.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

Edited by clarea

Platinum and Diamond both felt like "steps", Emerald didn't seem like it did much.

Platinum got you access to a balcony discount (that you wont ever use because the non-combinable OBC offers are usually better), Diamond (first time out as Diamond later this year) brings some free drinks and lounge access ... Emerald is just a bump in the road.

... There are no other benefits for Emerald other than what is listed on Royal's website linked below and the coupons linked above. ...

Forgot to mention that Emerald has an increase of $25 in the amount of balcony discount.

Edited by clarea

Platinum and Diamond both felt like "steps", Emerald didn't seem like it did much.

Platinum got you access to a balcony discount (that you wont ever use because the non-combinable OBC offers are usually better), Diamond (first time out as Diamond later this year) brings some free drinks and lounge access ... Emerald is just a bump in the road.

I couldn't agree more. I was looking forward to my Emerald status, and all it gets me is a free can of soda in my cabin.

We did NOT have this welcome letter with all the perks listed on our recent Anthem cruise. We did NOT have an invite to the M&M party.

My brother in law was down the hall with a different room steward, and he did NOT have any of above either.

We did go to guest services and was told the wrong time for the M&M party by two different people causing us to miss it.

We did ask about our "perks" and instead of handing us the correct paper, we were told we had to stand in another line...............after standing in this one. No thank you.

Guest services sucked and wrong info was usually given, $15 per day per person for the text only phone??:confused:

So, no invite, no welcome letter in two cabins, wrong info at guest services and we are still waiting for our welcome home survey.

Yes, we had a nice cruise, but I'm still learning about little things we missed.

Along with other cutbacks, and price increases, Royal is rolling down hill.

Only real perk to me was is moving up the ladder to where the perks made a bigger difference in my cruises. Up to platinum they felt more like milestones. Longer run between D and D+ and I sometimes wish there was a step or two along the way (even if I just got a pat on the back for it) so I could feel like I was making progress.

Never felt like anything was hidden though.

Edited by Doug S

I couldn't agree more. I was looking forward to my Emerald status, and all it gets me is a free can of soda in my cabin.

Before converting to the current point system, C&A used "cruise credits," and you hit Platinum after 5 cruise credits and Diamond after 10. When they converted to points, some people (like myself :o) who were in between those levels sort of lost ground, and Emerald status was inserted as sort of a consolation prize. But it has never been much of a bump up from Platinum.

I had 7 cruise credits at the time, so I was just three cruises away from Diamond. After the conversion, I had 52 cruise points and was now four cruises away from Diamond (Assuming typical 7-day cruises, which is what I have normally done.)

We did NOT have this welcome letter with all the perks listed on our recent Anthem cruise. We did NOT have an invite to the M&M party.

My brother in law was down the hall with a different room steward, and he did NOT have any of above either.

We did go to guest services and was told the wrong time for the M&M party by two different people causing us to miss it.

We did ask about our "perks" and instead of handing us the correct paper, we were told we had to stand in another line...............after standing in this one. No thank you.

Guest services sucked and wrong info was usually given, $15 per day per person for the text only phone??:confused:

So, no invite, no welcome letter in two cabins, wrong info at guest services and we are still waiting for our welcome home survey.

Yes, we had a nice cruise, but I'm still learning about little things we missed.

We had a similar experience on our Anthem cruise. From a loyalty standpoint the cruise was a huge disappointment.

I don't get why the cruise lines (all of them) don't make it more rewarding to show loyalty.

I felt the most love from HAL and that was because we became 1 * on our first sailing because of a prior cruise with Carnival. We were invited to special brunches/lunches, allowed to dine in the MDR on embarkation .... lots of little perks. We truly loved HAL but haven't rebooked with them, mostly because 1) the larger ships work better for us and 2) HAL isn't always in the Caribbean when we want to sail.

Maybe there are just so many people lining up to take cruises that they really don't care about loyalty ... but there are lots of little (relatively inexpensive) ways they could perk up the rewards program to make you feel good about loyalty.

Royal will get more business from me because i would like to make Diamond and get reciprocal status on X.

Edited by Queen of Oakville

I don't get why the cruise lines (all of them) don't make it more rewarding to show loyalty....

My guess is that as folks get more experience on a cruise line, they spend less and know how to get the lowest prices. In other words, new cruisers are the most profitible.

My guess is that as folks get more experience on a cruise line, they spend less and know how to get the lowest prices. In other words, new cruisers are the most profitible.

You might be right. I wonder if they release stats on how much of their business is repeat business?

We just got off the Navigator on Saturday and our last cruise as Emerald.

We received 6 bottles of water (no can of soda), 1 bag of shortbread cookies.

Sheet stated buy 1 get 1 wine, soda or beer.

Get 10% off a soda, buy 1 get 1 milkshake at Johnny Rockets, buy 1 get 1 specialty coffee.

Get a free specialty coffee at a Specialty Restaurant with purchase of a dinner

6 free Bingo Jackpot cards.

Discount internet package,(didn't purchase) and some other discounts which we didn't take advantage of either.

Next cruise we will be Diamond. I don't want to be disappointed, so I'm just not going to expect anything more than the 3 free drinks per day plus whatever we received as Emerald.

Did you contact the Loyality Ambassador onboard about this issue? They are one that is reponsible for the CAS stufff.

We didn't even get that, did not know about it :confused:

I just logged in and registered for a can of sprite, just to see if I get it.

Not bothered as we have the drinks package included

Got to agree, we spend close to zero

Last cruise we had a tax refund so a positive credit was made to our card

Forgot to mention that Emerald has an increase of $25 in the amount of balcony discount.

I never noticed as my recent bookings were not able to use the member bonus, as it's not combinable with the offer we booked under,

Surprise surprise

When the member bonus can be used, the overall price still comes out to be the same

:rolleyes:

After my January sailing on Anthem, I had the same thoughts as yourself.

The ship was nice but there was a noticeable decline in service, which I had never experienced on Royal.

I have two more sailings booked on Anthem and I wanted to cancel both as soon as I got back home. I have hesitated because the price I booked them at is substantially lower than their present day cost. I did cancel a May cruise on the Adventure. As time goes by, my feelings have diminished and I am willing to give Royal another opportunity but if I do sail Anthem again and encounter the same diminished levels of service, my resolve will return and not be swayed, once more, by time.

Also, as D and D+ you get free Gummie Bears and Twinkies, if you have a good Butler like Jose!