What to expect at embarkment at Civitavecchia?

Justprettynpink

Embarking in Civitavecchia is pretty much the same as Port Everglades.

We arrived at about 12:30pm last year via RomeCabs shuttle from Rome. We dropped off our large luggage and were then directed to security and then on to check-in. Boarding was quick and easy with no real lines.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Thank you very much!

My mother told me her story of embarkment on a Celebrity ship at Civitavecchia. Her travel companion lost their passport and had to race to the Embassy to get a replacement before sail away. She waited off the ship until the companion returned just time. They went through security and then had to get their bags and open them for inspection. They then had to bring their own luggage onboard.

I was hoping her story was not the norm but due to their late boarding adventure.

Embarking in Civitavecchia is pretty much the same as Port Everglades.

We arrived at about 12:30pm last year via RomeCabs shuttle from Rome. We dropped off our large luggage and were then directed to security and then on to check-in. Boarding was quick and easy with no real lines.

Simple procedure except my Sweetie lost his cell phone in the van..😜 Lol

Romecabs was really great about getting it to him..

I do remember them being strict about bringing wine onboard.

There was a table set up as you left security, 1 bottle per passenger.

Chris

Simple procedure except my Sweetie lost his cell phone in the van..😜 Lol

Romecabs was really great about getting it to him..

I do remember them being strict about bringing wine onboard.

There was a table set up as you left security, 1 bottle per passenger.

Chris

Hi Chris...

I didn't mention the cell phone being left on the van to save Dave having to relive that again. A couple of quick calls to RomeCabs and yadda, yadda yadda...all turned out fine.

You know...I've never noticed a wine table during any of our embarkations in Europe. Maybe I had the cell phone on my mind that last time.

Our best to you and Dave...

We arrived with some 6 other couples from our roll call as part of an independent shuttle, we parked within a few feet of the giant tent, our luggage was picked up by the porters, we went thru the embarkation process and were on the ship in a matter of minutes....it was pretty simple.:)

We arrived with some 6 other couples from our roll call as part of an independent shuttle, we parked within a few feet of the giant tent, our luggage was picked up by the porters, we went thru the embarkation process and were on the ship in a matter of minutes....it was pretty simple.:)

That's exactly what we did and what we experienced too. Easy, easy embarkation.

The big tent can be a surprise if you are not expecting it, but otherwise a very easy embarkation last summer.

We've done both Princess transfer from Rome and independent transfer. We far prefer the independent route as you arrive at the port hours and hours before the transfer busses and you don't have to arrive with lots of people also going through embarkation.

We were adventurous and took the train, then a LONG walk along the ocean to the shuttle bus stop. Once we got to the aforementioned tent, it was a quick trip onto Pacific Princess for our Rome-Lauderdale journey. We imagined living in one of the apartments overlooking the ocean. Beautiful promenade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We were adventurous and took the train, then a LONG walk along the ocean to the shuttle bus stop. Once we got to the aforementioned tent, it was a quick trip onto Pacific Princess for our Rome-Lauderdale journey. We imagined living in one of the apartments overlooking the ocean. Beautiful promenade.

After several days of touring Rome we also took the train to Civitavecchia to stay overnight at Hotel San Giorgio located across the street from the shoreline and about a 5 minute walk from the train station & another 5 minutes to the port's bus to the cruise terminal. We arrived early and the boarding process went smoothly. :)