Would you rather?

tennis7

We almost always do balcony guarantees and have always been assigned good locations. Plus, once assigned your can call to change within that category if you don't like it. Princess ships are quiet, we have been near elevators, stairs, laundry rooms, etc. and never had a problem.

Out of 17 cruises most were inside cabins, you sleep better IMHO. We've had 6 balcony cabin 3 were just super deals and 3 were at regular prices but we wanted it because of views.

Alaska is a must for a balcony, NE get a inside, there's many places to relax and read a book other than a balcony. If the itinerary was great views while underway then a balcony.

Now if you opt for a balcony get a larger Carib balcony priceless...

framer

Balcony cabin are never next to an elevator. They might be across from the elevator lobby but that's no big deal. :)

NO true, there are some ships that have outside elevators, so it is very possible to have a balcony cabin right next to the elevator. We had that happen once and we were very bothered by the banging of the elevator cables.

Never an inside for me. I find being near an elevator is no big deal. I do not even notice and I kind of like the convenience.

Agree. We are often close to the elevator and never hear a thing. Never an inside for us either.

I would take the balcony room every time. In fact, I've only ever cruised in a balcony or mini. I've been near elevators, and you may occasionally notice a faint "ding", but it's never been an issue when sleeping. Location fore/mid/aft has never been a concern for me either. These ships are huge, and really don't move much. Seasickness has never been an issue for me. The only time I'm really a stickler for location is Alaska, where I want to have a port side balcony to enjoy in Glacier Bay.

I don't care about location. We have had cabins that other people have complained about (next to elevators, underneath the pool, above the theater, etc.) and haven't been bothered by noise problems.