Worth it to rebook for a $20 difference?

Just curious if you guys bother rebooking when there's a XXXXX amount of $ drop difference. My cruise isn't until February, and we've already rebooked once. At what point do I start annoying the TA? haha

What's your price point that you don't bother or would you rebook for a small price drop? (And yes, I know this is subjective). *and this is for those before final payment*

That's up to you and your relationship with the TA.

Not sure if I would call for $20, but we have called more than once in a day for the same cruise to get two different price drops in a day.

Which may have changed our cruise choices a lot.

I'd for sure call if the drop was $50 or more. Less than that, it depends how much I've bothered the TA lately. However, if I was calling Royal direct, I'd call if the drop was $1.

It should not require "rebooking." It's only requesting the price drop, if you're outside the final payment window.

Correct. I called this morning and got a 35.00 price drop. But it was booked thru RCCL so I could just call them direct. They immediately emailed me an updated invoice with the new amount due. :)

Edited by bouhunter

I'd for sure call if the drop was $50 or more. Less than that, it depends how much I've bothered the TA lately. However, if I was calling Royal direct, I'd call if the drop was $1.

Same here.

Same here.

Count me in as well. And I DO book direct- some of the agents and I are on a first name basis:D:p

Waiting for your reply Bob :)

Edited by molly361

Count me in as well. And I DO book direct- some of the agents and I are on a first name basis:D:p

Waiting for your reply Bob :)

What could I possibly have to say???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by clarea
Added more rolling eyes

Yes if you don't lose other benifits

Often you lose OBC, so it may not be worth your while. If it is an easy change, I agree that $50 would be my lowest price. I gauge savings by the amount of time and effort it takes.

Lowest I've done is $78. I guess it also depends how far away they are.

I think it depends how much time it takes out of your day. If it's a quick call and you get right through, you may as well do it. But if you have to sit on hold and go through a whole process to rebook, $20 wouldn't be worth my time for that. Id wait for a bigger price drop, $100 at least.

My cruise right now is $2 cheaper and there's no way I'd waste time for even 5 minutes to make a fuss over $2. I make too much money per hour and I work for myself, so I look at my time in terms of how much I could be making if I were working on a project vs how much im saving by rebooking a cruise. So, my advice is to look at it that way. How much is your time worth, and how long does it take to call and rebook?

I say go for it...im new to this game, but yesterday i had it adjusted 52 bucks and today had it adjusted another 70. money is money even if its just 20$....i did book straight through the website and luckily havent had to spend much time at all on hold this far. My cruise isnt until Sept of 2017, so i guess i know what my new part time job will be for the next year and a half...price watching!

I say go for it...im new to this game, but yesterday i had it adjusted 52 bucks and today had it adjusted another 70. money is money even if its just 20$....i did book straight through the website and luckily havent had to spend much time at all on hold this far. My cruise isnt until Sept of 2017, so i guess i know what my new part time job will be for the next year and a half...price watching!

But if you waited until today you would have a $122 reduction. ;)

I personally reprice for any savings, but I also tend to book direct with Royal. Personally I doubt if my opinion would change if I used a TA. From my POV it's their job to be bothered by me when it comes to a vacation ;)

But if you waited until today you would have a $122 reduction. ;)

Not necessarily true. I saw a decent price drop on my upcoming Allure sailing combined with 2-step cabin category upgrade and called my TA right away. He made the change pronto. That deal vanished almost as fast as it appeared. It was available for such a short window that it never even registered on that site which tracks cruise prices. I don't know if this was a glitch, an error or whatever but if I'd have waited I'd have missed out.

So, if any price drop you see is worth your time requesting it, I'd say "go for it"

~Brian

Agreed. Our TA usually gives us a substantial OBC when we do initial booking, however he sometimes knocks $25 off of his offer when we get a price drop. So I weigh his effort in my decision.

Agreed. Our TA usually gives us a substantial OBC when we do initial booking, however he sometimes knocks $25 off of his offer when we get a price drop. So I weigh his effort in my decision.

In my experience, they tend to knock off $25 for every $200 or so of price reduction, which is fine by me.

In my experience, they tend to knock off $25 for every $200 or so of price reduction, which is fine by me.

Exactly my experience. We generally book a JS and I don't see a price drops very often.

The last price adjustment that I COULD have gotten was $12.58. And so I had the same thoughts as you that it was too measly to call in, but if it was double--a whopping $25--I would. So you're right there on my baseless adjustment threshold.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app