Country Dancing

Sailing out of Galveston, and seeing that about 80+% of the pax will probably be Texans......

I'm sure there will be lots of Country & Western music in at least ONE of the Venues.

I will be sailing on the Liberty from Galveston in December. Does anyone know if they have country dancing in any of the clubs? Thanks!

Yes, the Russian (and I'm not kidding about that) country band plays nightly in the Star Lounge on Deck 5.

What about Adventure ? Country music or line dancing ?

Every ship we have been on lately (except Oasis) has had some sort of line dancing on the pool deck.

Sailing out of Galveston, and seeing that about 80+% of the pax will probably be Texans......

I'm sure there will be lots of Country & Western music in at least ONE of the Venues.

Just because it sails from TX does not mean it is 80% Texans on the ship.

People travel from all over the world to cruise out of Galveston.

I have been on the Liberty 2X and never seen C & W music.

And no, the parking lots are not filled with horses..:):):)

What about Adventure ? Country music or line dancing ?

Just off Adventure a couple of weeks and I did see line dancing once or twice on the pool deck during the day. Not sure about any of the indoor dance venues. :)

What you say may be true, but the two times I have sailed from Galveston, there was a definite preponderance of Texans onboard ( all very nice folks I might add!):)

Either you were twice on a freakishly strange cruise or I think you must not have been looking very hard. There has ALWAYS been C&W on Galveston Cruises.

I have sailed out of Galveston many times as it is very close to home. While there are people from all over on board, don't kid yourself into believing that it is not normally a big majority of Texas cruisers, or at least those that can easily drive from neighboring states. Any time they poll an audience when I have been on board, it is apparent Texas is very well represented. Only exception was a New Years Eve cruise where the crowd was more diverse.

I've sailed every RCI ship out of Galveston up to Liberty (we have her scheduled soon) and in recent years Bubba Feathers was always on board. Definitely more of a country western flair than sailings from other ports. People usually even know how to circle the floor 2 stepping/waltzing and don't just clog up the floor slow dancing like you often see when you venture north or east... Some line dancing thrown in as well. Bubba had added a really good keyboard player to his band the last few times we saw him on Navigator. Hope he's still on Liberty. Quite a bunch of characters. Not your typical ship band.

Either you were twice on a freakishly strange cruise or I think you must not have been looking very hard. There has ALWAYS been C&W on Galveston Cruises.

I will second that... Hard not to see the Texas / Southwest influence on board.

Although I have never sailed from Galveston (only out of Florida ports), I have been disappointed in the lack of "country music" offerings on any cruise I have been on. Don't get me wrong, I love cruising and all kinds of music, but there is rarely country music playing on our cruises in any of the bars and venues. The best country music I have heard on a cruise (they actually played more than country music), was from a band playing on the Carnival Dream years ago. They were seriously the only great part of that entire week.

Now, there has always been some country music trivia and we normally smoke every team that plays (we do live in Nashville, TN after all), but music is a different thing.

Oh, I do remember that on one of our cruises on the Emerald Princess (Princess Cruises), they did a Country and Western Themed party in one of the lounges, and it was fun, but it was only for an hour and the CD staff seemed like they were just poking fun at the costumes they had to wear and the music being played.

I hope you come back to this board after your cruise, and let us know what your experience was with this! :)

Edited by MrsKC08

Every cruise I have been on there was some form of line dancing going on during sail away. Not necessarily done to country music though.

I am also pretty sure there is always a line dance class at least once per cruise.

As for Bubba Feathers, he does seem to appear on whatever ship is going out of Galveston. For the most part his band seemed to fill the spot of the Filipino cover bands that all the other ships seem to use.

Yes, the Russian (and I'm not kidding about that) country band plays nightly in the Star Lounge on Deck 5.

The band, "Nashville Junction" was on our Liberty OTS cruise last week. I heard the lead singer in the Pub when Derek Lewis called him up. He was excellent! I thought Derek said he was from Belgium. Belgium/Russia could have fooled me - they were a great C&W band.

We were doing other things and didn't see them a lot (not because I didn't want to). Looking through the Cruise Compasses, it says they played every night/day except one. Usually in the Star Lounge which has a dance floor. The night we saw them on the Promenade people were C&W dancing right there! :)

Looks like Bubba Feathers Band is on a vacation and will return to Liberty on their July 10, 2016 sailing. They have a facebook page if anyone wanted to check them out pre-cruise. Have some music clips on there.

The band, "Nashville Junction" was on our Liberty OTS cruise last week. I heard the lead singer in the Pub when Derek Lewis called him up. He was excellent! I thought Derek said he was from Belgium. Belgium/Russia could have fooled me - they were a great C&W band.

We were doing other things and didn't see them a lot (not because I didn't want to). Looking through the Cruise Compasses, it says they played every night/day except one. Usually in the Star Lounge which has a dance floor. The night we saw them on the Promenade people were C&W dancing right there! :)

I think the drummer (or maybe keyboard player) might have been Russian. Sailed with the Bubba Feathers Band 2 years ago on the Navigator. They were great...along with Piano Man Phil Anderson. Neither were present on our Liberty cruise.