Power plugs USA or European

what type of appliances

Not sure you can check a washer/dryer:p

Sorry couldn't resist

Usa plug in cabin

Edited by jonbgd

We need to bring power adaptors for our appliances, do we need European or USA plugs for Jewel of the Sea. Thank you in advance.

Even though there are US plus, we still bring a Euro adapter so we can have one more outlet.

Even though there are US plus, we still bring a Euro adapter so we can have one more outlet.

Why did I never think of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Why did I never think of that!

Just make sure whatever you plug into the Euro outlet is rated for 240V. My wife has a hair straightener that works fine in that outlet.

Just make sure whatever you plug into the Euro outlet is rated for 240V. My wife has a hair straightener that works fine in that outlet.

we learned the hard way

My GF has blown up her hair straightener in BCN before a cruise not knowing that:eek:

what type of appliances

Not sure you can check a washer/dryer:p

Sorry couldn't resist

Usa plug in cabin

That ok thought it was funny, I wish I could bring my machine sometimes. Thanks for the information. Tricia

we learned the hard way

My GF has blown up her hair straightener in BCN before a cruise not knowing that:eek:

We almost blew up a hair dryer that way too. Plugged it in and immediately noticed much hotter and powerful it was! Was able to turn it off before any damage.

we learned the hard way

Ouch not a happy GF , my daughter would not leave the cabin lol.

Just be aware that, since you are in Australia and would generally have appliances operating on 220V, some things may not work as well or charge as well if you use the American outlet.

The European outlet uses the same voltage as Australia so would be better.

Edited by Bobal

Goes without saying, but make sure your device has 120/220 V on the label. I looked at some of mine and some say 100/240 V. Just make sure it's dual voltage. If it just one or the other then you have to us the transformer and adapter not just the adapter.

Edited by jamesr3939

Quantum class also has USB outlets. Older ships, including the Jewel:

JS8078outlets_zps45ff24c7.jpg

Why are they so surprised that there're two of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just be aware that, since you are in Australia and would generally have appliances operating on 220V, some things may not work as well or charge as well if you use the American outlet.

The European outlet uses the same voltage as Australia so would be better.

Thank you for that information I wasn't aware of the US outlet being only 220V. Will certainly use the European outlet.

Thank you, my daughter will be using the Euro outlet for the hairdryer its 240 .

We were on Oasis in March and my straighteners wouldn't work ..... Thought it was a voltage problem being from the UK. Iam a correct in thinking if I had used the European outlet they would have worked.... Sailing Harmony in Med in October