If we get the Vista 2, I will personally....

Dream to the west coast, Vista to New Orleans and Vista 2 to Miami.

I would love that!!!

Caution, putting a such a large ship there will only cause New Orleans to sink faster:p.

On a side note as for its name, I have a script that data mines raw trademark data from several international sources and I did find that the "Carnival Bliss" was recently filed for by an individual(not carnival corp like the other ships) and its in a pending status. It probably doesn't mean anything as it doesn't fit the name hint given, but who knows.

Disregard this information, turns our Carnival Bliss is an abandoned trademark in Canada. The record was mistakenly marked as pending in data stream sent to WIPO. It was corrected today. My script flagged it due to its new "Pending" status and the fact trademark services field contained the words "boat" and "cruise". See http://goo.gl/5UTU6K for trademark details.

Edited by wo5m

Any FL port would work for me...but since the Vista will homeport in Miami, Vista 2 might go to Port Everglades or Canaveral.

If she goes to West Coast, would be fine too, as I've been wanting to do Cabo or Hawaii and sailing that itin on a new ship would be a dream.

During his usual round of Sunday quick fire questions, JH asked which port (and I forget where the others were..I think one was Long Beach and the other Miami) the readers would prefer for the Vista 2 to sail out of. I, of course, voted for Galveston (my home port) because it would be nice to not only get the newest (well..when it's built, that is) ships but also one of the larger ones. Because as everybody knows we Texans like to live life in a big, big way. :D

I saw this as well and I chose New Orleans! That is our home port

If they do send it to N'awlins...I might be able to convince Husbeast to go there.

Again.

The ONLY reason we're sailing out of there on the Triumph on our upcoming cruise is because none of the Galveston ships had an itin that was within the time we needed to go. He got told by his head office that he HAD to take his vacation time during the week of the 19th or not have any other vacation time this year AT ALL because they're picking up and moving his store (retail mgmt) around the time he comes back. :(

I hope they station the new ship in NYC. Carnival hardware is lagging far behind NCL and RCCL on NYC sailings.

Thats b/c it costs double to get ANYWHERE out of NY, and twice as long. Not exactly good placement for a company that is based around caribbean sailings.

IF they send a big ship to Long Beach, I imagine it would be the Dream or Magic. You never know though, they sent Splendor there when it was relatively new.

The Splendor came over brand new, fresh from a summer in the med. I can't think of another cruise line (at least lately) that put a brand new ship on the west coast. All that said, they had trouble filling her there without discounting....

The Splendor came over brand new, fresh from a summer in the med. I can't think of another cruise line (at least lately) that put a brand new ship on the west coast. All that said, they had trouble filling her there without discounting....

It's too bad that the Mexican Riviera Started to be come unsafe despite the government's efforts to keep tourism spots safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the reason the west coast got the Splendor was because Royal Caribbean was bringing the Mariner of the Seas here.

It's too bad that the Mexican Riviera Started to be come unsafe despite the government's efforts to keep tourism spots safer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were many reasons. Swine flu was another. Ca economy as well.

I live in Houston and we have taken the Magic three times out of Galveston but went on the Breeze out of Miami in January to go to some different islands.I think the Vista would be wasted going to Belize Roaton and Cozamel or Key West , Nassau or Caymen Islands, Jamaica. I hope she goes to Miami because they are able to go to more islands from there.Galveston is limited because of the distance. Its a tradeoff. I can drive to Galveston but I would rather go through the hassle of flying and go to better places.

eat a pair of John Heald's sweaty underpants.

Because I don't believe for one minute they'd bring a brand spanking new with all the coolest amenities ship to Galveston.

We can dream though.:D

Magic was new when it came to Galveston.

Dream to the west coast, Vista to New Orleans and Vista 2 to Miami.

I would love that!!!

I don't see Vista to New Orleans or Vista 2. If you are going to put one of those ships on the Gulf Coast you pick Galveston because Carnival always gets Higher fairs out of Galveston.

I live in Houston and we have taken the Magic three times out of Galveston but went on the Breeze out of Miami in January to go to some different islands.I think the Vista would be wasted going to Belize Roaton and Cozamel or Key West , Nassau or Caymen Islands, Jamaica. I hope she goes to Miami because they are able to go to more islands from there.Galveston is limited because of the distance. Its a tradeoff. I can drive to Galveston but I would rather go through the hassle of flying and go to better places.

I have been looking at cruises on the Magic out of PC and surprised they are only going Western. Not interested, can do Western from Galveston. So if we go out of PC guess it would be Sunshine. Prefer Magic, but oh well..

I vote for the West Coast. A new ship might be able to be home ported in San Fran and do a 7 day to Seattle, Vancouver, then sea days to Ensenada, then San Diego back to San Francisco. Would love that itinerary

I believe that VISTA 2 will be calling homeport of Long Beach. Thats why they haven't named a ship that'd be replacing Miracle in 2018...... :) think about it..

Right now all wishes hold the same weight. If past history is any indication, west coast is not one of the favorites for lots of reasons.